SirCumfrance
lawnmowerman
Mapperley, darling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
pilgrim_pete

The President Speaks - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Tring for President!!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Tring for President!!!

why not?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Tgwu wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:
Tring for President!!!

why not?

God help us! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm

swampy wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Don't forget a job Peggy did for free.

Brent stand up for once and grow a pair and sack the git.

Brent shouldn't need to grow a pair. Chris Webb should do the honourable thing and resign. It was a foolhardy appointment in the first place and always going to end in tears as so many predicted. With this and the Japanese bloke before it's time for the club to appoint someone with some dignity, love and service to the club over many years like we used to in the old days.

I agree but we all know Webb will not resign he doesn't do honourable things .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 pm

swampy wrote:

Brent shouldn't need to grow a pair. Chris Webb should do the honourable thing and resign. It was a foolhardy appointment in the first place and always going to end in tears as so many predicted. With this and the Japanese bloke before it's time for the club to appoint someone with some dignity, love and service to the club over many years like we used to in the old days.

Someone like Clive the programme seller would fit the bill as President admirably. He's been serving the club through thick & thin for over 1000 games & has hardly missed a game, 1st team, reserves or youth over all that time.

The appointment of Johnny come lately Webb for merely shouting the odds for a few weeks last year can only have served to alienate more people than it pleased, & that was before any of the other shenanigans came to light.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm

A. Who did Bert Large used to be?

B. Do you resemble the Bert Large from Doc Martin?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Bunney or one of his aliases that broke the news of the the article in the programme being pulled. Which means that someone close to the situation was happy to blab about and take credit/kudos for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm

GOB wrote:
People have found themselves in positions of power and boy have they made use of it!

First you are described a witch by someone that sits in the directors box and if that isn't enough, you have your job taken away and muck spread about you far and wide.

Nice people!

Being called a witch was by far the least offensive name Peggy was called on ADT, the spoof site Newell set up with Daz, Dane Bunney and 4 others who's identity can only be guessed at Suspect

I know about Newell, as he admitted it and the blank ADT site was on his Flickr account before any posts had been made. I know that Daz and Dane Bunney were involved, and I have text messages to prove that, and Ian Newell has told me that it was all just a bit of fun, oh really! until Dane became involved and started posting the really abusive stuff. Dane denies this and says that he was in it from the start.

The ADT site didn't start off as banter and get more abusive, it was pretty damned abusive from the outset!

Newell also admits in the e-mails he has sent me that he did call Peggy a witch and says so what?

I have said over and over again that one day there will be a huge falling out and someone like a Pasoti mod will decide to spill the beans on everyone. Ok it hasn't come from a Pasoti mod but there is a total shitstorm over this now and there are people out there who will now start pointing the finger at others to deflect their own involvement, or because they will think why the hell should I take all the wrap for this, and fully open up that can of worms.

I'm not happy at how it makes the club look right now, but I'm bloody glad that the cat is finally out of the bag and anyone who still doesn't believe all this and has labelled ATD posters as conspiracy theorists for the last year, is never going to believe it.

I'm sure that there are enough people seeing the true colours of these so-called fans and see the damage they have caused over the last year or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Dougie wrote:
Again I await The Presidents explanation and/or rebuttal about the programme issue. It will be telling who falls in behind him and accepts or applauds his action. What are the chances that he pulls some kind of 'because she posts of ATD and has been critical of the club' defence?

That's pretty much what he told me, only he didn't say the ATD bit in so many words. I suppose I shouldn't post the actual quote in case somebody on a coach to an away match gets given details of where my mother - who served in World War 2, so is therefore very elderly and also very disabled - lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Taken right from the end of a rambling post by Xisle wishing everybody would be more like him and shut up. lol!
Whatever happened to honesty, integrity, trust, openess and UNITY?.
It never existed in Brent that was for sure, either he is guilty of being involved in all this or he is guilty of ignoring it all. As for haves and have not's, I have not the opportunity to reply to you on pasoti that option was taken away from me for having an opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 pm

The President speaks on Pasoti, we have got it completely wrong apparently,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I have been doing some things which in my life rank higher than petty internet spats – spending time with my Son and my father.

I will deal with the two allegations separately. Firstly on the ATD issue. Last night whilst having a quiet pint with a Trust board representative (remarkably aimed at discussing how to build relations between supporters groups and warring factions) I received a distressed call at 23:30 from my terminally ill father. My Dad, a lifelong, Argyle fan himself has been forced to read abuse about his son from this website for over one year and it is sickening to me to have him worrying about myself rather than trying to be as well as he can be.

I was informed by my Dad that I had been banned from ATD and linked with threatening posts. I was gobsmacked by this and actually left the bar immediately and have suffered a sleepless night because of it. This morning, I immediately contacted the ATD Mods via email and telephone. During the call it was admitted by the ATD representative that I had never made any threatening posts but that there was proof that I had used the account (from some screenprints of both me and the accused account using a proxy IP address in Cheltenham). This is an allegation that I totally refute. I don’t even know what a proxy server is! I have made it absolutely 100% clear to the ATD mods that I have and never will post as anything other than ‘Mr President’.

I have made my position clear to the ATD mods and in fairness to them since contact they have been supportive. I have also contacted the police. Why? Because I have simply had enough. I can take foul language, personal abuse, lies and everything else that the minority on the have thrown at me ever since I put my head above the parapet but I cannot and will not tolerate my family having to go through it as well. I can’t take it anymore.

Onto the accusation from Peggy. Blimey. I guess it is a good job that I have kept those PMs. I have forwarded them to the Mod team. I am not going to stoop to the same level but posters can be safely assured that at no time did I ever ask for Peggy to be removed from the Argyle programme. The PMs totally support that. What did happen those was for 2-3 months, Peggy Prior (a person who until that point I had never met or heard of) attacked seemingly everything I did from FV, to my trade union credentials to my overall involvement in the Club. On this basis I simply asked the Club to ask Peggy to refrain from attacking me as it did not make any sense whatsoever for two people linked to each other (via the Club) to be sniping. I felt (and still do) that this was exactly the right course of action for me to take. The other option would have been me replying to every post that Peggy made relating to me – I was not prepared to stoop to that level.

In summary, I have had a fantastic week off work and Argyle. This episode has however given me a timely reminder that I am far better off the internet and I will not be using this account again. Sometimes I wonder why I bothered stepping forward and why I continue to probably give up 20-30 hours a week of my time to Argyle to help with all sorts of schemes. Then I see the smile on the face of the disabled gent that uses the presidents car parking space that I gave back or buzz the kids in the Devonport get when we score a goal or the smile on James Brents face after a win. Of course it was worth it.

I will continue to live in internet exile for the good of my sanity. I just wanted to set the record straight because some people operate on a policy of if they throw enough mud then some of it may stick.

Many thanks for all the supportive PMs etc. I am absolutely fine. I have spent a lot of time talking to Ian Newell this week about the virtues of not posting online anymore and continuing his amazing and thankless work off it. I now need to take that advice myself.

I will not be responding to anymore posts etc because it will simply give the issue more credence than it deserves. The first issue is in the hands of the police, although as I said the ATD Mods have been helpful so I am sure we can work that through and the Pasoti mods now have copies of my PM exchanges with Peggy so the facts are well established there.

We all support the same team guys. Sometimes I think we forget that.

I am back off to join the 95% that will be asking what team Carl Fletcher is fielding on Sunday and not what petty row a bunch of internet posters will be having next.

Take care.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Do the mods on here have anything to add? Or are we all withdrawing from the Internet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm

My response to the bit concerning me is in the Site Section.

(Yes, I know I'm not a mod Cool )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Iggy wrote:
Do the mods on here have anything to add? Or are we all withdrawing from the Internet?

I'm withdrawing from the internet.

Although really i'm still going to post under different names, put my online status as hidden and turn to tw@tter.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I have something to say, cue a mass exodus of posters going to farmhand weekly or something!

I still don't get all of what has happened, apart from the fact that it's pretty conclusive that Chris Webb has posted under several usernames, so he has been banned from ATD. I'll bet he's devastated about that Razz

Not something I would imagine James Brent will be too bothered about, except that he should be, due to the fact that it isn't all as much of a mystery to Chris as he's making out Exclamation

But, there is no proof he was behind the threats made to me, so I think this should be made pretty clear, seeing as the revelations had plenty of airtime in the first place.

I know Frank has pointed it out, but to the casual observer I do think this point needs to be made clearer. Chris has flouted this forums rules so is banned. Embarrassing I suppose but not the end of the world.

I still await definitive proof about who was making the threats to me, but I'll have to wait a while, even though I do still smell a rat in this whole thing, unless I can be convinced that there is no possible way Chris Webb was not involved in some way.

I've asked some questions about the technical side of things which may help clear up any suspicions I still have, or not as it may be.

The Peggy thing though is quite funny, in a queer sort of way, in that Chris didn't ask for Peggy to be removed from the matchday programme, but suggested to the club that as she had made some negative comments about Forza Verde, she might not be the best person to be writing any programme notes scratch

Ok so what that actually means, having seen the pm, is that Chris has gotten the hump over his baby the FV, and the fact that there were people slagging it off.

Now Peggy is one of the most eloquent and sensible posters on ATD in my opinion, and I recall that the points she raised were that it was billed as the Argyle Ultra's, very quickly denied by all and sundry when the Ultras far right reputation was mentioned, and that as someone who had always sat in Block 3, she was pretty miffed at the fact that her seat would now be slap bang in the middle of these spotty oiks with drums and flags.

Now unless I'm missing something obvious Chris, is that it? Is that the extent of your ire towards Peggy?

feck me Chris, there have been far worse things said about you and about the Forza Verde, and Peggy had a bloody good point in both of these criticisms.

So Chris has got the gun, got the bullets, handed the gun to someone, lined up the target, and shouted "Fire" before running away and saying "Nowt to do with me, I didn't fire the gun"

Oh and if anyone things Peggy was worth dropping from the programme for suggesting that the term Ultras had incorrectly been tagged onto Forza Verde:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which is the real clincher as to why the name Ultras was seen as a problem by Peggy, and you can see from the original few posts about the group, that Ultras was the buzzword of the day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

feckin pathetic response from the club president, which is basically protesting his innocence because he doesn't have any fingerprints on the gun or any other forensic evidence that he fired it.

We know he didn't, that's been expained above!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Tring for President!!!

The man who got it spot on, all along ! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

If there's anymore questions Jock then drop one of us a PM/ask away and we'll do our best to answer.

We've tried to clarify that Chris hasn't been banned for sending the threatening PM's. We've said from day one he is linked to the account they came from but we have no proof he sent them.

Chris had a previous multi account which was banned aswell as his IP. He then sent messages asking why his IP had been banned. Now just ask yourselves why his IP was banned if he hasn't had another account?

The latest episode where we have links between him and the other poster is new evidence that only came to light recently which is why we have taken the decision to now ban him. Posting from a proxy plus another multi account is deserving of a ban.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

So now we have the terminally ill relative angle from bean head, to garner sympathy and indignant ire from the Aviva masses. Even dear old Tone and Taxi have tried that holier than thou approach recently.Birds of a feather I suppose.............

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and my eldest son has been critically injured in an RTA but that doesn't stop me from spotting a wrongun when I see one......................and saying so, again and again until these Deepthroating Windsor boys are exposed for the scheming, self promoting tw@ts they are.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
So now we have the terminally ill relative angle from bean head, to garner sympathy and indignant ire from the Aviva masses. Even dear old Tone and Taxi have tried that holier than thou approach recently.Birds of a feather I suppose.............

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and my eldest son has been critically injured in an RTA but that doesn't stop me from spotting a wrongun when I see one......................and saying so, again and again until these Deepthroating Windsor boys are exposed for the scheming, self promoting tw@ts they are.

Sorry to hear of your problems .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

The point is, whatever your opinion of tring is he has never brought his personal life into an Argyle debate. He seeks no sympathy, he just wants everyone to know that he was right! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

The point is, whatever your opinion of tring is he has never brought his personal life into an Argyle debate. He seeks no sympathy, he just wants everyone to know that he was right! lol!

No sympathy, no righteous indignation, no scheming, no deceit. More people ought to try it then we might be able to move on.

The club has been a crock of shite for years and it seems to be getting more village by the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Get well soon president elect lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

jesus! tring and rickler in official argo capacities, never saw that one coming. geddon though, how do you vote for the pres...oh yes

jesus is the keepers coach, btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Get well soon president elect lol!

Think the medics have nailed it my dear old thing and the boy is on the mend too.

Thanks for you well wishes anyway.

Damn it ! Now they can be nasty to me again lol!
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Bogsider wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

That's cos tring has never had a debate about argyle! lol!

It is shit though and we all have problems. That said I feel for Chris because his old man is in a pretty bad way. I feel for anyone in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The President Speaks
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next