Tringreen
SirCumfrance
lawnmowerman
Mapperley, darling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

The President Speaks - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 pm

greengenes wrote:
Anyone going to quote echobeach ?

I don't know that particular poster, but you've prompted me to seek out what he said. On what he's posted, I can only hope that his and his wife's situation improves, and she makes a full recovery. And I would hope that you'd relay those sentiments to them both, assuming that they don't post on, or read ATD.

What I don't get - and this is an across the board observation, not intended to belittle the personal suffering that any poster is going through - is why anyone would want to post something so intensely personal, on that of all threads.

As others have observed, we can all doubtless relay some instances of personal suffering or grief; however, they have absolutely nothing to do with the subject being discussed, and an Argyle message board, whether pasoti or ATD is where matters of interest to Argyle fans should be discussed. If a poster wants to discuss family illnesses and bereavements, feel free, but don't use those events as a way of derailing a thread. The subject being discussed may not be important to some, but it matters to others or it wouldn't be there.

if I don't like, or am not interested in, a particular thread, guess what? I don't bother with it. It's a course of action I can heartily recommend to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 pm

If someone was trying to talk about ATD issues at a funeral, then I'd say it was inappropriate to stop the procession.

If someone tries to talk about life issues to stop an issue being discuessed on ATD, then it is similarly inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
If someone was trying to talk about ATD issues at a funeral, then I'd say it was inappropriate to stop the procession.If someone tries to talk about life issues to stop an issue being discuessed on ATD, then it is similarly inappropriate.

Even if it was Jock's funeral after being beaten up Newell Jnr?

Can't see it
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
On Webb's pasoti thread, Argyle777 has posted-

Quote :
House of cards about to crumble...

I wonder if this is related to Newell's withdrawal from pasoti?

Curious first post since August from Argyle777

And

Curious ATD thought of the day - whats that all about

Last edited by Dougie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I really struggle to understand GG ,s role in all this? Other than popping up to say how uncouth we all are again you want me Nool and Postey to sit down so that they can apologise to me and say they were wrong to ban me from pasoti for calling Nool a bully and asking for him to be banned for DT? Then I will have to apologise for calling them rude names and it will be all sorted?
Then do the same for Rickler, Gob, Yea Man, Peggy, Green Jock, Czarks, Grovey, Freathy, Penz, Grumps, That bloke that uses a fit bird as his avatar, Penz, Tring, Mock, Suffered.....I am sure I have left out about 60 names off this site.
Do't you have feck all worth while to fill your time with man? You could try pissing into the wind, or maybe up a rope or two.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Bloody well done ATD Moderators!

At last we have the low life!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
If someone was trying to talk about ATD issues at a funeral, then I'd say it was inappropriate to stop the procession.If someone tries to talk about life issues to stop an issue being discuessed on ATD, then it is similarly inappropriate.

Can't see it

Can't see it myself either to be fair. At my funeral I'm planning it to be Mighty Boosh themed and talking about football forums in the presence of the Hitcher would be suicide, plus I've been in training for this kind of thing and am in peak physical condition for a man of my width so bring it on.

Anyways, who's in my corner? There's is obviously going to be a father, son outfit whilst my pop is no longer with us and my mother's going to be watching the Chase.

I need a Burgess Meredith type figure to watch me catch chickens and run up a few steps being chased by hundreds of kids. Mainly to improve my fitness but also to prevent a jimmy Savile type situation.

So you do the promoting Mike, and don't forget a poster for Rickler in L.A. So the fight might get shown on HBO. I'm confident of a three round stoppage before taking on Manny Paquiao.

I was thinking of trying to give it a snappy tag like the thriller in the jungle or rumble in manila. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Greenjock on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm

It will be known as assault, abh or affray if any of my fights are anything to go by, I never got a medal and the pretty girls all told me I was a tw@t and refused to sleep with me for a week.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 am

All of the above plus love to know why I was banned
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 am

PS It was before my Crystals crush
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:08 am

Greenjock wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Can't see it

Can't see it myself either to be fair. At my funeral I'm planning it to be Mighty Boosh themed and talking about football forums in the presence of the Hitcher would be suicide, plus I've been in training for this kind of thing and am in peak physical condition for a man of my width so bring it on.

Anyways, who's in my corner? There's is obviously going to be a father, son outfit whilst my pop is no longer with us and my mother's going to be watching the Chase.

I need a Burgess Meredith type figure to watch me catch chickens and run up a few steps being chased by hundreds of kids. Mainly to improve my fitness but also to prevent a jimmy Savile type situation.

So you do the promoting Mike, and don't forget a poster for Rickler in L.A. So the fight might get shown on HBO. I'm confident of a three round stoppage before taking on Manny Paquiao.

I was thinking of trying to give it a snappy tag like the thriller in the jungle or rumble in manila. Let me know what you think.

How about Sensible! Wink

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 am

Pasoti started going down the toilet shortly after Mod Idol.

It needs a complete clean sweep to get rid of all the bad apples, multi accounts etc, but I fear it's too far down the line for that. It's a shame. When I first found Pasoti in 2002 it was a cracking place to keep up with all the gossip and news.

Even this morning, more posts getting deleted. Not abusive posts, or posts that go against the pasoti agreement, just posts that don't fit with the agenda. A couple of posts made in the wee small hours, deleted before the mass ranks of the aviva sheep awake from their slumber. No one will notice.

I asked for my account to be deleted, but did it without fanfare, or a cyber flounce or announcing on other media that I was leaving.

And our club President gets embroiled in the dirty tricks and underhand tactics?

Shameful.

You're supposed to be a figure head for MY CLUB.

Your actions should be beyond reproach.

You've apparently allowed yourself to be sucked in to the murky world of backstabbers, ego trippers and small men trying to look big.

Your position is untenable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:50 am

Good on Leigh rapson and womble for questioning why posts about this have been deleted. As Leigh says, Chris has the opportunity to reply on Pasoti to the news on here.

I doubt their posts will last long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am

Iggy wrote:
I really struggle to understand GG ,s role in all this? Other than popping up to say how uncouth we all are again you want me Nool and Postey to sit down so that they can apologise to me and say they were wrong to ban me from pasoti for calling Nool a bully and asking for him to be banned for DT? Then I will have to apologise for calling them rude names and it will be all sorted?
Then do the same for Rickler, Gob, Yea Man, Peggy, Green Jock, Czarks, Grovey, Freathy, Penz, Grumps, That bloke that uses a fit bird as his avatar, Penz, Tring, Mock, Suffered.....I am sure I have left out about 60 names off this site.
Do't you have feck all worth while to fill your time with man? You could try pissing into the wind, or maybe up a rope or two.

Fair enough Iggy. It is like pissing in the wind. I am wasting my time. You omit to mention I told people on Pasoti to grow up. You'll hear very little if anything from me from now on.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 am

Iggy wrote:

GG doesn't have a role. The thing with him is he's just a bleddy nice bloke who wants the shite to stop so we can focus on football. That's it, no agenda, no games.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

Mrrapson wrote:
Iggy wrote:

GG doesn't have a role. The thing with him is he's just a bleddy nice bloke who wants the shite to stop so we can focus on football. That's it, no agenda, no games.

It would be a shame if GG stops posting here. I like reading all colours of the rainbow. In fact I enjoy reading more from people who have a diferent viewpoint to me.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 am

I am also pretty certain Webb was behind @ArgyleMoans (a twitter account used to attack ATD-ers and ATD on twitter).

I tracked @AM's posts for a week or so and found (as my Ipad displays which medium has been used to post the tweets) that @AM used a Blackberry. It was more than a coincidence that Webb also used a Blackberry at the time and @AM's tweet times coincided with when Webb was tweeting. One or two would be understandable but this was 40 tweets in quite a short period.

I started to call @ArgyleMoans Chris, ask things like where's your IP, #Spooner (a multi account used on here) and make it obvious who I believed he was. I was joined by another couple of Argyle tweeters, and after many insults (to me) from @AM he asked to meet me. I said fine and would do it that day but @AM chickened out and then deleted his twitter account. During this period Chris Webb blocked my twitter account (I never involved his personal account) from his normal twitter account.

Fortunately when tweets are sent, a copy is sent to your email address, so I have all of the @AM tweet insults that were tweeted. If anyone ever starts theWebbFiles I'll gladly send them Laughing

This then leads me to thinking about the Windsor Boy account and why pasoti were so keen to protect his identity (within a couple of days of the Deep Throat scandal, all of DT's and Windsorboy's pasoti posts were deleted). The Newellfiles also pictured Webb and Newell (and their wives) together in Windsor. 2+2 = 4?

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 am

Greenjock wrote:
Good on Leigh rapson and womble for questioning why posts about this have been deleted. As Leigh says, Chris has the opportunity to reply on Pasoti to the news on here.

I doubt their posts will last long.

Did anyone get the gist of what Mr Webb said?

I'm sure the mods would be only to happy to post any kind of rebuttal on here should he email them with it.

Go on Chris. Two sides to every story and all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 am

So hold on a wee minute here. The club president makes a post asking for everyone to please stop the fighting etc. Hours later after several people agree that things are out of hand and some kind of mediation would be useful, however slim the chances of anything being resolved are, ATD mods have proof that the club president has been linked to the same I.P. address as multi accounts on here, including one which made threats to me and Andy Symons.

Somebody on that Pasoti thread can tell everyone to keep perspective by regaling the world with a tale about a woman he didn't even know dying of cancer and leaving a family behind, which leads to further mentions of personal hardships and tragedies.

Tony Hooper can start a thread slagging off ATD for posting Jimmy Savile jokes, weeks after they were posted, and that is allowed to stay, along with posts by Pasoti mods having a pop at Andy Symons for being added to the Trust board, but posts which relate to the fact the club president has been doing the very same things he is asking people to stop, and been one of the main culprits, but this is not relevant to Pasoti, so the posts get removed.

OK Green Thing and Ponty, that makes perfect sense!

Just like it makes sense that a thread about Rub of the Greens is relevant to Pasoti, as is a thread about climbing a mountain in Africa for charity scratch

You're digging a bigger, and bigger, and bigger and bigger hole fellas lol!

Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:23 am

Dougie wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It would be a shame if GG stops posting here. I like reading all colours of the rainbow. In fact I enjoy reading more from people who have a diferent viewpoint to me.

This.

With bells on.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 am

Greenjock wrote:
So hold on a wee minute here. The club president makes a post asking for everyone to please stop the fighting etc. Hours later after several people agree that things are out of hand and some kind of mediation would be useful, however slim the chances of anything being resolved are, ATD mods have proof that the club president has been linked to the same I.P. address as multi accounts on here, including one which made threats to me and Andy Symons.

Somebody on that Pasoti thread can tell everyone to keep perspective by regaling the world with a tale about a woman he didn't even know dying of cancer and leaving a family behind, which leads to further mentions of personal hardships and tragedies.

Tony Hooper can start a thread slagging off ATD for posting Jimmy Savile jokes, weeks after they were posted, and that is allowed to stay, along with posts by Pasoti mods having a pop at Andy Symons for being added to the Trust board, but posts which relate to the fact the club president has been doing the very same things he is asking people to stop, and been one of the main culprits, but this is not relevant to Pasoti, so the posts get removed.

OK Green Thing and Ponty, that makes perfect sense!

Just like it makes sense that a thread about Rub of the Greens is relevant to Pasoti, as is a thread about climbing a mountain in Africa for charity scratch

You're digging a bigger, and bigger, and bigger and bigger hole fellas lol!

Don't forget, Jock, that Posty's account is hidden (from 'who is online') on pasoti (as is Ian Newell's)
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 am

Mrrapson wrote:
Iggy wrote:

That's certainly the impression I get as well. Do we really want to discourage ordinary run of the mill fans with no agendas or egos from posting on this site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am

Questions will now be asked of Webb's role from Day 1 when he first used the Trust to gain his laughable President role.

You also have to ask if he was as independent when looking for a buyer as he claims to be. Remember, and although this has nothing to do with the GTs....the Trust at the time took money from us fans to establish an independent Fans Trust, this money was promptly given away to the GTs that in turn are paying Brent's wage bill.

There's a shit load of questions that will be raised over the next hours, days and weeks. What really was/is Chris Webb's agenda?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 am

I don't think I have had any interaction with Greengenes via the forum, but i have read a lot of his posts and he comes across as someone who actually gives a damn about Argyle and it's supporters rather than someone jockeying for position, so I do really hope that he carries on posting.

PS. This is not an offer of marriage Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The President Speaks
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next