Sir Francis Drake
Dougie
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Wrathall - The President Speaks Empty
PostSubject: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When we (The supporters, staff and James Brent) saved our great Club the last thing I ever imagined seeing was one of the ex directors walking back through the boardroom doors.

It is my personally held view as somebody who loves this Club that the only positive brought to the table by this decision is financially related.

I can't speak on behalf of the staff but morally whilst they still remain unpaid in many cases it cannot be right that someone who contributed to that plight walks back through the doors and gets waited on by those people every fortnight.

From the supporters perspective it hurts. We fought against these individuals. I (and many others) saw up close how near we came to dying. Never at any point did one of the ex directors offer financial support to our campaign then. They were missing when it mattered.

I want(ed) our Football Club to be different. I want us to set the standards on and off the field. This is a set back in building that vision and building a Club based on the size of talent not the size of the wallet. Today is a huge blow to the dream we all fought for.

Staff still not paid up.

Tony Wrathall sitting, looking out on a pitch he and the others did not pay for.

I cannot and will not buy into this 'it was not his fault' argument. We had 7 directors. The blame is shared equally. Whether that be through incompetence or a thought out action is irrelevant.

The news has shattered me if I am honest. I believe the board has let down James Brent by not realising how the fans would feel about this decision.

I have relayed my thoughts firmly to James Brent and the directors. James is a huge personal friend of mine and I know he feels this is for the best for the Club on a financial basis.

If Tony Wrathall truly loved this Club and truly wanted to make amends then he would use the money to pay off the staff debt and return to the terraces as a supporter.

On the pitch (where most of us care about) things are looking up. We have an owner that cares, a manager assembling a competitive squad, the fans are dreaming of Wembley but minds are now thrown back 3 years to our darkest hour.

I'm really not sure where my future at the Club lies and maybe this post will make the decision for me. I will certainly not be able to frequent the boardroom at any point whilst Tony Wrathall remains on the board. I also know that unity is always the way forward and I will be attacked for breaking it but the decision is so divisive that bringing people together off the back if it is almost impossible.

I'm not a businessman. I'm a simple Janner. I know money talks but I am a firm believer that sometimes in life things are just wrong. This is one such time.

We didn't fight so hard for this. We fought for better.

Take care.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Is that really him?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Straight from his twitter account that I stalk
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Not posted on Pasoti?

He knows the score!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Quote :
ChrisWebb's Pastebin
TOTAL PASTES: 1  |  PASTEBIN HITS: 9  |  TOTAL PASTES HITS: 245  |  JOINED: 29 MIN AGO

Tis bollocks methinks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:45 pm

It was posted by him (apparently) in his Twitter account. I hope it is him taking an importantly principled stand.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:45 pm

the link to twitter would confirm??????
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Oh I see, I don't 'do' twitter sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 pm

PatDunne wrote:
the link to twitter would confirm??????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Quote :
My statement will be my only comment on the matter. Truly devastated

Hmm fair play then. Though is he more upset about the fact Jimmy boy didn't think to mention it to him.....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 pm

I take it the outrage is so complete there is nothing left for Chris Webb to do but resign the Presidency in protest?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm

pasoti are starting to turn on him i see
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Who? cannot be arsed to look
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Webb aludes to the fact that his position as Pres may be untenable. It's a defining moment for him that's foreshore. I'm backing a 24hr period of reflection and a "following some assurances from James, I've decided to stay on" statement in the not too distant future.

That said, I've actually gained a bit of respect for him with this outburst. Can you imagine the Pasoti Owner and his stooge site manager having the balls to pen something like that?

Not on your life. Quiet as church mouses, posty's token 'well done Chris' aside.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Webb aludes to the fact that his position as Pres may be untenable. It's a defining moment for him that's foreshore. I'm backing a 24hr period of reflection and a "following some assurances from James, I've decided to stay on" statement in the not too distant future.

That said, I've actually gained a bit of respect for him with this outburst. Can you imagine the Pasoti Owner and his stooge site manager having the balls to pen something like that?

Not on your life. Quiet as church mouses, posty's token 'well done Chris' aside.

They seem more pissed that he didnt post that on there than the fact a M7 member is back on the board. Priorities are all wrong on that site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Credit where it's due and Webb deserves credit for this. I never thought I would say that!

Webb must now be out of the loop, I wonder where this will leave Brent's biggest fan and chauffeur?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:59 pm

President

Guys no further comment from me on subject but I posted it in way I did because I wanted to be able to link it then tweet it. Hardly hiding. I think twitter has a few more users than pasoti with all due respect and I know somebody would stick it on here.

As for putting it on official site - have a think about that one!!

But not one word from Mr Brent right handman from PASOTI, where do he stand, is he willing to give up his seat in the stand?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Fair play to Chris. He won't care that I applaud him for this, but I applaud him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Looks like the reluctant one is beginning his own firesale and way out. Wonder if his jamboys will have an auction or two and buy a piece of the action ? Either that or they'll have to cosy up to TW and whomsoever joins him and promise them a compliant fanbase in the hope they'll keep their snouts in the trough.

As they used to say on the farm, 'You couldn't make it up ! '
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Can I have Webby's parking space? Because I'm feckin sure the pig and De-liar will run to their master Mr Brent, and make damn sure Webby doesn't grace his hallowed parking space, directors box seat and his lifelong subscription to silly hats ever again.

By the way. Oh, and respect to Webby for what he said - he really must be pissed off because he knows the consequences of that outburst will cost him dear in Avivi world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Good on you Webby. Agree with that 100% although blaming the 'board' but not James Brsnt is a little strange - Brent owns most of the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:47 pm

hairy j wrote:
Good on you Webby. Agree with that 100% although blaming the 'board' but not James Brsnt is a little strange - Brent owns most of the club.

Yeah I picked up on that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

I interject only to observe that this is not the first time that Brent's advisors have advised him inappropriately.

Maybe he suffers from ADHD and only hears "yes James" and not the "but that's a totally scandalous, corrupt, stupid and unpopular idea"?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 pm

GOB wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Yeah I picked up on that.

For pity's sake! Brent is the board. Full stop. Nobody else matters a jot. Lackeys the lot of 'em.

Skint lackeys, too, if what I hear emanating from the Senior Greens meeting this afternoon is correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

That the directors refused to invest any money?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrathall - The President Speaks   Wrathall - The President Speaks Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrathall - The President Speaks
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next