Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 am

It looks like GMB may have pulled a switcheroo and have got Piers Morgan in today (he's only on Monday thro Wednesday) because after 8am it appears Matt Hancock is on the show
After the mauling the care home minister got yesterday from Piers it could be spectacular. Will he actually answer a direct question....

Fair play though to Hancock who is on frequently. Something that can never be said of Bozo Gove or Rabb
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 am

Just been to Tesco Express at Mutley to get mothers weekly trough. The amount of traffic both foot and cars is now I'd say between 50-60% of the norm for a weekday
People stopping talking to each other. In Tesco no social distancing people incapable of following directional arrows on the floor to stop people crossing over. Just an utter farce. Need to go to full lockdown with dispensation for carers and that needs to be provable.
This will last all of 2020 the way this going with people clearly ignoring it now
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:29 am

Observations of locked down countries that are returning to normal (ISH)will be seen before we exit lockdown here.

Last edited by Elias on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Just been to Tesco Express at Mutley to get mothers weekly trough. The amount of traffic both foot and cars is now I'd say between 50-60% of the norm for a weekday
People stopping talking to each other. In Tesco no social distancing people incapable of following directional arrows on the floor to stop people crossing over. Just an utter farce. Need to go to full lockdown with dispensation for carers and that needs to be provable.
This will last all of 2020 the way this going with people clearly ignoring it now

yeap too many are testing the waters too often for the lockdown to have any meaning now.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 11:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Not so in NW Kent.....here in the London Borough of Bromley we have nearly 800 Covid-19 cases (Hospital numbers only)... and goodness knows how many deaths.....people on the whole are taking it seriously.....mostly Eastern Europeans are rather blase about it.....and if your out...it is you who make avoiding moves they don't....peasants.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 11:23 am

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

yeap too many are testing the waters too often for the lockdown to have any meaning now.

We have another three weeks of this to look forward to apparently. While other European countries are taking tentative steps to ease lockdowns, the UK seem to have no idea - or plan - on how to exit.

I agree that this will go on for most of 2020 and beyond. I can see the U.S coming out of her lockdown way before the UK.

I heard and read yesterday that covid-19 could have a second, a third and even a fourth wave. The flu pandemic of 1918 lasted fourteen months in Europe and the second wave of it was far worse. As was the case in the U.S.

The Washington Post were running a story suggesting that covid-19 may have been accidentally released from that bio lab in Wuhan, where Chinese scientists were testing- and playing around with - a number of corona viruses.

No suggestion that covid-19 was engineered but, more like carelessness from the Chinese.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 11:51 am

We do have an exit strategy though Harve but no way will it or should it be implemented before we get a grip on the outbreak. You seem to be pissed off with people not social distancing yet also want the country to open up like some EU ones are? A top scientists is saying this morning that social distancing will be needed until a vaccine is available and failing that we need testing and contact tracing. SKB announced yesterday they hope to have a vaccine working in about eighteen to twenty four months.
Reality bites.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Father is much better today he's had anaemia and low blood pressure which led to him collapsing. Hopefully home tomorrow if all well. Fingers crossed and thanks for the kind words.

Just seen this. Good news that’s he’s on the mend Ears.

Derriford isn’t a nice place to be at the minute. Missus and daughter are both NHS there. That’s why I’ve been proper pissy from day one about people staying home.

Thanks mate. Weve got a good friend who's a nurse in Derriford and she says she actually feels safer at work than she does going to the shops now. Same beef as everybody else she says most people follow rules apart from a couple of twats milling about and getting pissy because people aren't moving fast enough. Her husband has Crones disease so she has to check ingredients closely and it takes time. There really are some twats out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 12:33 pm

i just want to give a special mention about 99 year old Captain Tom Moore magnificent efforts fundraising up to as it stands £13m for the nhs by walkng around his garden 100 times.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Angry wrote:
i just want to give a special mention about  99 year old Captain Tom Moore magnificent efforts fundraising up to as it stands £13m for the nhs by walkng around his garden 100 times.

Yes, fair shout to the man. I take my hat off to him, he deserves it and more.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
We do have an exit strategy though Harve but no way will it or should it be implemented before we get a grip on the outbreak. You seem to be pissed off with people not social distancing yet also want the country to open up like some EU ones are.

No...where have I said I wanted the Country opened up ?? I said the exact opposite earlier today here.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:04 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding new infections in the likes of Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria and Denmark now they are easing restrictions gradually.

I hope they have played the cards right because if not, it could come back to bite them hard.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm

I have just heard on the news that the semi lockdown could last until a vaccine is in use, social distancing becoming the norm.

Walking to the local shop the day before last, saw a few scaffolding firms whacking up scaffolding and builders working on property.

Plenty of people driving around also, some looked like they were just out for a spin in the sunshine.

And where are people getting masks from when the NHS and care workers are having difficulties in getting them ?.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:23 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
We do have an exit strategy though Harve but no way will it or should it be implemented before we get a grip on the outbreak. You seem to be pissed off with people not social distancing yet also want the country to open up like some EU ones are.

No...where have I said I wanted the Country opened up ??  I said the exact opposite earlier today here.

Well I guess I was reading between the lines a bit but you did say this,

"We have another three weeks of this to look forward to apparently. While other European countries are taking tentative steps to ease lockdowns, the UK seem to have no idea - or plan - on how to exit.

I agree that this will go on for most of 2020 and beyond. I can see the U.S coming out of her lockdown way before the UK."

We will come out of lockdown behind EU and US because our outbreak started behind theirs. It's actually an enviable position to be in as long as we actually take note of responses to lifting lockdowns. We do have a plan to relieve lockdown but only a memtalist would Say we are there yet so I don't see it as a government failure yet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:25 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just heard on the news that the semi lockdown could last until a vaccine is in use, social distancing becoming the norm.

Walking to the local shop the day before last, saw a few scaffolding firms whacking up scaffolding and builders working on property.

Plenty of people driving around also, some looked like they were just out for a spin in the sunshine.

And where are people getting masks from when the NHS and care workers are having difficulties in getting them ?.

I may be wrong but I can see the vaccine being pushed by GSK because they will have their paws out for a few billion of our hard earned to make it. In two years time testing and contact tracing should have hopefully done the job by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 3:48 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
i just want to give a special mention about  99 year old Captain Tom Moore magnificent efforts fundraising up to as it stands £13m for the nhs by walkng around his garden 100 times.

Yes, fair shout to the man. I take my hat off to him, he deserves it and more.

£14.5M AND Rising :O he must have set a record by now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Father is much better today he's had anaemia and low blood pressure which led to him collapsing. Hopefully home tomorrow if all well. Fingers crossed and thanks for the kind words.

Just seen this. Good news that’s he’s on the mend Ears.

Derriford isn’t a nice place to be at the minute. Missus and daughter are both NHS there. That’s why I’ve been proper pissy from day one about people staying home.

Thanks mate. Weve got a good friend who's a nurse in Derriford and she says she actually feels safer at work than she does going to the shops now. Same beef as everybody else she says most people follow rules apart from a couple of twats milling about and getting pissy because people aren't moving fast enough. Her husband has Crones disease so she has to check ingredients closely and it takes time. There really are some twats out there.

I know what that’s like as all 3 of my children have Crohn’s disease and it’s a bugger.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

No...where have I said I wanted the Country opened up ??  I said the exact opposite earlier today here.

"We have another three weeks of this to look forward to apparently. While other European countries are taking tentative steps to ease lockdowns, the UK seem to have no idea - or plan - on how to exit.

I agree that this will go on for most of 2020 and beyond. I can see the U.S coming out of her lockdown way before the UK."

We will come out of lockdown behind EU and US because our outbreak started behind theirs. It's actually an enviable position to be in as long as we actually take note of responses to lifting lockdowns. We do have a plan to relieve lockdown but only a memtalist would Say we are there yet so I don't see it as a government failure yet.

I think you will find that it was I who said the above. I am not advocating an early release, just keen to hear what the government will do plan wise. At what numbers do they say that they feel ok to slowly reopen.

And once they have decided to give the green light are they going to follow other European countries in allowing the firsts like schools going back, allowing young adults to return to work, permitting some smaller shops to reopen - libraries perhaps also. Will they keep the old and vulnerable in isolation the longest, only releasing them when deemed fit.

I am fully aware that the lockdown is to prevent the NHS from over tipping and falling into an abyss.

Italy went on March 8th - limited easing of restrictions

Spain went on March 14th - limited easing of restrictions

France went on March 17th - further lockdown

Germany went on March 22nd - limited easing of restrictions

Like I stated, I hope the Italians, the Spanish and the Germans have played the cards right and they do not see a second wave.

As for the U.S, it is Trump Vs the state governors regarding easing lockdowns and that will get a tad fiesty.

Do you personally believe the European countries mentioned have eased too soon ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:30 pm

I dont believe the virus came from any market, if the chinese dont tell the truth about what happened we should never trade with them again no matter what the cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 6:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I dont believe the virus came from any market, if the chinese dont tell the truth about what happened we should never trade with them again no matter what the cost.

ive read in a few places that bats arent even sold in those wet markets in wuhan....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 7:17 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you will find that it was I who said the above. I am not advocating an early release, just keen to hear what the government will do plan wise. At what numbers do they say that they feel ok to slowly reopen.

And once they have decided to give the green light are they going to follow other European countries in allowing the firsts like schools going back, allowing young adults to return to work, permitting some smaller shops to reopen - libraries perhaps also. Will they keep the old and vulnerable in isolation the longest, only releasing them when deemed fit.

I am fully aware that the lockdown is to prevent the NHS from over tipping and falling into an abyss.

Like I stated, I hope the Italians, the Spanish and the Germans have played the cards right and they do not see a second wave.

As for the U.S, it is Trump Vs the state governors regarding easing lockdowns and that will get a tad fiesty.

Do you personally believe the European countries mentioned have eased too soon ?

With the numbers of cases and deaths still happening in Italy and Spain, the only reason any type of lockdown easing would be sanctioned would be on desperate economic grounds. No way in the world should they be easing restrictions. Germany, whose economy comfortably dwarfs Italy an Spain have a much smaller number of critically ill and dying patients, yet they have already stated it’s too early to ease restrictions. Desperate times for the Italians and Spanish if they are being sent back to work in a virus-thick atmosphere.

Boris and the Tories have already faced scrutiny about locking down too late. If we were to come out of lockdown too early that would compound the issue, and be utterly unforgivable.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:25 pm

One of the pitfalls of living in a credit driven culture is when things like this happen our econmoy which is built on a culture of debt and not productivity collapses like a house of cards.

Another month or two of lockdown would cause irreversable damage to the economy and if that happens COVID 19 will be the least the worries.

I'll admit I don't know much about modern day economics but I do listen to podcasts from people who do. Almost 70 per cent if not more of our transactions these days are done electronically, ie the money is just a number on a screen so where is the money in real time , does it even physically exist?

If we can lose 10 billion surely it is easily enough to create 10 billion, the banks and the global banking elite... who runs them ?

I have a pretty good idea.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

Rickler wrote:
Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
It's a man made virus............

No it's not and it has been proven by scientists to be a
natural virus.

No. It's a bio weapon it will never be admitted

No.  Don't make a fool of yourself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

“By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes,” said Kristian Andersen, PhD, an associate professor of immunology and microbiology at Scripps Research and corresponding author on the paper.

Wonder what conclusion the USA will come to?????
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 10:25 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

ive read in a few places that bats arent even sold in those wet markets in  wuhan....

When all this started I saw a reporter in a Chinese wet market (it may have been before all this Tbf) and they definitely had those large fruit bats there as well as frogs, snakes, pangolins and everything else. I also saw a nature program a while back and they were netting bats in Thailand. They're widely harvested across eastern Asia.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 10:28 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I honestly don't know Village I haven't followed their outbreaks as closely as ours the point I was making is that it gives us a major advantage in seeing what happens if and when they open up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next