PatDunne
Earwegoagain
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds Empty
PostSubject: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
lol who would have thought it. Only the terminally dimwitted in the Tory Party didnt grasp that Dominic Cummings would fight back.....
I dont know where to start but he describes the Department of Health and Hancock and its catastrophic handling of PPE as a "smoking ruin" within the committee hearing...

I couldnt have been the only one rolling around in laughter

Geddon Dom now finish off that evil oaf at the top as the skeletons are extensive...

Never thought I'd agree with the odious creep but hes got it spot on' unforch Boris isn't the one responsible for the department of health it's needed putting down for years and it's at the tip of the civil service and many layered government we have been duped into accepting over decades. Anything that goes through these departments costs way more than it should just because of red tape. Boris inherited the system and actually took Cummings advice and cut the dept. of health out of it because he knew that Health would deliver the vaccine late, over budget in fact just like the EU has done. If you look at the whole story you will see that Boris is yet again in the clear, not that you'd ever read a story in its entirety.
There will be a public enquiry into Covid and so there should be, loads of shit will fly but it will all happen in about five years time in the real world. Don't hold yer breath Harve.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
How on earth have two people infected with the Philippine variant found its way here.
As far as I know theres no (current) non stop flight connecting Manila and Heathrow running. As such they'd have had to connect via a hub somewhere getting past that countries restrictions for Covid in transit

Then getting here and avoiding the quarantine ??  Each time we drive down the numbers a "new" variant seems to "appear"
I can see how some just "might" be becoming sceptical

Only last night I copied and pasted something to another BM here over a curfew from 10pm to 5am being introduced in Angeles City without quite knowing why. Now we do

We gotta open up in June and in the interim stick to the Bozos unlocking route which I entirely agree with

Didn't the Brazilian variant arrive in the UK at Heathrow via a flight from Brazil to Paris then Paris -
Heathrow?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Read that very interesting. I felt pretty shitty yesterday and feel a little better today I would liken it to the symptoms as exactly as I've had from some flu jabs ie an immune response, achy, bit feverish and tired. Most people I've talked to haven't had any ill effects at all. Get it done.

Felt fine all day after my jabbing this morning - going downhill now. Aching like feck, cold, tired, headache. FFS.

I think it's a small price to pay, so I'll stop fecking whining like a big girls blouse. Laughing

PS: This morning will probably the only time in my life I will venture into the inner sanctum of prawn brigadery land op at Argo. Did look nice though. Great view out to the rest of the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:07 am

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Read that very interesting. I felt pretty shitty yesterday and feel a little better today I would liken it to the symptoms as exactly as I've had from some flu jabs ie an immune response, achy, bit feverish and tired. Most people I've talked to haven't had any ill effects at all. Get it done.

Felt fine all day after my jabbing this morning - going downhill now. Aching like feck, cold, tired, headache. FFS.

I think it's a small price to pay, so I'll stop fecking whining like a big girls blouse. Laughing

PS: This morning will probably the only time in my life I will venture into the inner sanctum of prawn brigadery land op at Argo. Did look nice though. Great view out to the rest of the stadium.

Day three feeling much better.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am

Good to hear.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:11 am

Although you shouldn't chuckle when you hear that someone has died I couldn't help myself after hearing the President of Tanzania has died. He declared Tanzania Covid free in June has refused to order any vaccines and told people to pray and drink herbal tea to combat the virus. Only a couple of days ago they arrested four people for spreading rumours online that the Pres was unwell.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 am

Two more stings in the tail then.

EU threatening to stop vaccine exports to the UK.

Vaccines from India held up by four weeks.

Another possible sting in the tail is the coming out of lockdown and dates being pushed back ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:23 am

The eu will just make it more difficult for themselves when we have vaccinated everyone here in the UK and they then want us to send spare vaccine to them. The question has to be asked of them ‘why should we?’

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Two more stings in the tail then.

EU threatening to stop vaccine exports to the UK.

Vaccines from India held up by four weeks.

Another possible sting in the tail is the coming out of lockdown and dates being pushed back ?

We will still vaccinate everybody over fifty by April and still on track despite the holdups to finish everybody else by the June date.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Could be an issue for the less geriatric getting away this summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:18 pm

a massive 3 day concert on the hoe i see has been booked for the kids...

a little too soon i feel to be throwing covid party especially seeing as there is no cap on the numbers attending.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:23 pm

Large parts of France about to enter lockdown again

If Macron put his politicking, personal petty hatred of the UK, Brexit etc to one side and got his vaccine ordering program in order and put his people first and use the OX/AZ vaccine, then they wouldn't be in this situation, would they! They'll hang this fecker out to dry if the French people clicked how incompetent this throbber is.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:08 pm

Where do our European friends go from here? News today 18th March.

Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is safe and effective says European Medicines Agency

The Oxford AstraZeneca Covid-19 coronavirus vaccine is safe, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has declared this afternoon.

The jab is a is a “safe and effective vaccine”, the regulator’s executive director Emer Cooke said.

She said it is not linked to an increased risk in blood clots and that the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks.

“The committee also concluded that the vaccine is not associated with an increase in the overall risk of thromboembolic events, or blood clots.”

She told the press conference: “We are very much aware that some (EU) member states have paused vaccinations, waiting for EMA’s outcome of a review.

“Given that thousands of people in the EU die every day – in fact over 2,500 were reported one day last week – it really was crucial for EMA to review rapidly and thoroughly all the available evidence, so we made this review our highest priority.”
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Well that didn't take long - Guardian - Following the review, Italy (see 18.18pm), France, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, and, according to reports, Spain (see 6.34pm) are to resume the use of the vaccine
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:13 pm

Just reported, Guardian - Portugal will lift a temporary suspension on the use of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine on Monday.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:03 pm

Some good news....

'Gibraltar has become the first nation in the world to fully vaccinate its entire adult population.

Speaking in the House of Commons today, Health Secretary Matt Hancock revealed that the British territory hit the milestone on Wednesday.

Gibraltar is home to 33,000 people and has had 4,263 cases as well as 94 deaths.

Mr Hancock told the Commons:  'I am delighted to be able to tell the house that yesterday, Gibraltar became the first nation in the world to complete its entire adult vaccination programme.

'I want to pay tribute to all Gibraltarians for their fortitude during this crisis and the kind words of first minister Fabian Picardo, who said yesterday 'the United Kingdom has played a blinder on vaccinations and we are among the beneficiaries in the British family of nations'.

'I agree, the vaccination programme has been a success thanks to a team spirit across the British family of nations.'

Chief Minister Fabian Picardo thanked the UK government for its support of the island's vaccination drive.'

I wonder if any of the Spanish day visitors/ workers have been vaccinated as well?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:55 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Some good news....

'Gibraltar has become the first nation in the world to fully vaccinate its entire adult population.

Speaking in the House of Commons today, Health Secretary Matt Hancock revealed that the British territory hit the milestone on Wednesday.

Gibraltar is home to 33,000 people and has had 4,263 cases as well as 94 deaths.

Mr Hancock told the Commons:  'I am delighted to be able to tell the house that yesterday, Gibraltar became the first nation in the world to complete its entire adult vaccination programme.

'I want to pay tribute to all Gibraltarians for their fortitude during this crisis and the kind words of first minister Fabian Picardo, who said yesterday 'the United Kingdom has played a blinder on vaccinations and we are among the beneficiaries in the British family of nations'.

'I agree, the vaccination programme has been a success thanks to a team spirit across the British family of nations.'

Chief Minister Fabian Picardo thanked the UK government for its support of the island's vaccination drive.'

I wonder if any of the Spanish day visitors/ workers have been vaccinated as well?

Yeah I wondered that when I read about this. I would have thought they’d have some sort of local agreement rather than Gib following the same travel restrictions as the British mainland.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 pm

Let's see how the vaccine holds up when late April comes around 1st.
It works now as most as still locked in.

Hopefully it will continue
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:56 am

Elias wrote:

We won't lockdown again. This has to work or the country's fecked.

If it doesn't we can blame the anti-vaxers, tin-foil hat wearers, and wankers like those 1000+ plastic Paddies in Liverpool yesterday. Ironically, these will be the first dumb feckers to moan if there's further restrictions.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:05 am

Liverpool's Acting Mayor has described the actions of hundreds of people who gathered in Sefton Park to party yesterday as 'very selfish' and said they risk prolonging the lockdown.

As many as 1,000 people were seen taking part in St Patrick's Day celebrations in the south Liverpool park, in what police described as a 'blatant' breach of current Covid-19 restrictions.

The force handed out more than 40 fines and dispersed the huge crowds at the park yesterday, with one person arrested.

Afterwards, a dispersal order for Sefton Park and its surrounding areas was put in place after police said it "will not tolerate irresponsible individuals".

People across the city have condemned the scenes as well as the huge mess left behind in the much-loved park.

Today, Liverpool's Acting Mayor Wendy Simon branded those who gathered as 'very selfish' and said such activities could risk extending the current lockdown further.

There are those (they voted for Corbyn last time) who will blame Boris...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am

POI wrote:
Elias wrote:

We won't lockdown again. This has to work or the country's fecked.

If it doesn't we can blame the anti-vaxers, tin-foil hat wearers, and wankers like those 1000+ plastic Paddies in Liverpool yesterday. Ironically, these will be the first dumb feckers to moan if there's further restrictions.

There's loads of evidence to suggest that the older age group have seen a masssive drop in deaths and infections which is all down to vaccination.
Personally I see this as the last throw of the dice I would strongly resist another lockdown especially if we were as now seeing low rates down here for ages. If it flairs up again go back to tiers and fookin enforce travel bans and £10k fines.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 pm

If for whatever reason, (maybe a far deadlier variant than we’ve seen so far) deaths start rocketing again, I can see the aviation/ferries industries virtually being sacrificed as a necessary evil.

That way, being an island, we can close borders almost completely and try to somehow deal with it on an in-house nationalised basis. I don’t see any other alternative.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 2:55 pm

A long and shameful read by the Guardians man in Spain, how the EU fanboys can defend this I don't know.

In the race between vaccines and new Covid-19 variants, I am on the losing team. There is a simple reason for this, and it is because I live in the European Union – in my case, in Spain.

The UK, the US, Israel and other developed nations are so far ahead of us in this battle that the comparison no longer just stings, it infuriates. Serbia is doing twice as well, Morocco is doing better – to name just two other higher-performing countries.

The EU’s dismal performance was driven home to me starkly this week when my twin sister got a first AstraZeneca shot in Exeter, as over-50s across Britain are vaccinated.

I would also have been vaccinated this week if I lived in the UK, making me part of the drive for vaccine-induced herd immunity that will prevent deaths, restart the economy and lower the cost to future generations. My older siblings and 21-year-old nephew with Down’s syndrome have all also been vaccinated in the UK, but I do not now expect my jabs until June.

In fact, last week Madrid was struggling to vaccinate willing 80-year-olds, whose appointments were being cancelled owing to a lack of doses. Care home residents and health staff (and some teachers and police officers) have been dealt with, but still fewer than 5% of Spaniards have received their second jab. La Vanguardia reports that, at current rates, it will take until February to double-dose 70% of Spaniards.

Only political incompetence can explain a set of blunders that will be paid for in human lives and economic damage across the EU.

That has now been compounded by this week’s temporary suspension of AstraZeneca jabs in Spain, Italy, Germany, France and elsewhere. WHO and European Medical Agency (EMA) advice to keep vaccinating was ignored while the New York Times reports that, for Spain and others, “the chief motivation was political”.

That suspension ended on Friday in most places (not until next Wednesday in Spain) but the mixed messaging from EU leaders has been damaging the rollout for weeks – with Emmanuel Macron calling the AstraZeneca vaccine “quasi-ineffective” for the over-65s on the exact same day that EMA approved it for the over-65s.

So whom should we rage at? The lack of vaccine is the European commission’s fault, because it lobbied to take on continent-wide procurement and then failed at the task. The current AstraZeneca delay is the fault of national leaders who decided, as the director of Italy’s medicines agency, Nicola Magrini, told La Repubblica, that this “was a political choice”.

The commission president, Ursula von der Leyen – herself a physician – and the health and food safety commissioner, Stella Kyriakides, must shoulder the blame for the vaccine drought. They should have recognised that the normally sluggish and cautious commission was not up to the task of coordinating a massive and rapid vaccine procurement project for 450 million people.

Von der Leyen continues to insist that a free-for-all would be “the end of our community”, while at least one faster-moving member state, Hungary, is already sourcing vaccine elsewhere – and moving ahead of the rest. Yet there is no popular uproar about that in the rest of Europe, and I can only applaud such action.

Her threat to block exports on Wednesday, with the EU already sending 41m jabs abroad (a quarter to the non-reciprocal UK), would make more sense if the EU were not sitting on its AstraZeneca supply. Australia, subject to a block on export of the same vaccine from Italy, must be furious.

In Spain the prime minister, Pedro Sánchez, and his health ministers are to blame, since they are in charge of broad health policy while delivery is in the hands of the regional governments in Madrid, Catalonia and elsewhere. Nor should they have ceded procurement to Brussels.

Having first complained that AstraZeneca was not delivering enough, Europe is now stockpiling the vaccine. Spain is currently sitting on more than 750,000 AstraZeneca doses, having used only half its stock. Revelations in the Financial Times reveal that this has been coordinated across EU capitals – who are worried that the blood clot scare will damage overall vaccine uptake. Anecdotally, all I can say is that the damage appears to be done, with politicians constantly fuelling suspicion about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The AstraZeneca freeze was always a lose-lose move. It will be paid for in Covid deaths and a later, slower return to normality.

Thanks to President Biden’s bold $1.9tn stimulus and the country’s fast vaccine rollout, the US is predicted to return to pre-pandemic growth course next year, while Europe will take several years to get there. By the end of next year, the gap between us will have grown by 6% because of our different Covid responses.

Spanish belief in the European project, which I have embraced along with recently acquired Spanish nationality, means there has been little public complaint and no political fallout. Yet that project will not work if we do not all shout and scream when it performs as badly as now. Germans, meanwhile, are fuming. The tabloid Bild even ran a front-page headline loudly telling Britain: “We envy you”.

There were powerful arguments for pooling the vaccine effort – mainly that this would avoid “vaccine nationalism” within the EU – but the body charged with delivery has proved itself unfit.

The task is not easy, and normally efficient Canada has had similar trouble with its vaccine rollout. And we have seen this week newly emerging problems in the UK over upcoming vaccine supply. It is also true that, overall, EU countries have been much better at controlling Covid-19 than either the US or the UK. That advantage may soon be lost, however, as France returns to lockdowns, cases soar in Italy and Spain also sees a new uptick – all before vaccines can do much to dent the progress.

We Europeans should also check our privilege. Most of the planet is far behind us in vaccinations. Yet while precious vaccine is stockpiled, that privilege only becomes starker, since nobody benefits. If you won’t hand it out, give it to someone who will.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:11 pm

I have now developed superating pustules and nasty discharge from my penis. Not sure if it's related to the immunisation?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:45 pm

sounds like, syphilis, congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next