Czarcasm
GreenWhiteBlack
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can you imagine what information might emerge during a court case?

Well we know from Newells flikr account that Brent bids secretly...

And there is me thinking the auctions were just for Pasoti members!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I missed that from them Sad

Do you still have a screenshot you can post?

It's not libel if there's proof lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Let me look...

Although I am sure I wasn't the only one who saw it?

edited to add...

I'm pretty sure it was for Jake Coles shirt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh I saw it too and have screenshots but I'm on my phone, my laptops playing silly buggers.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Oh I saw it too and have screenshots but I'm on my phone, my laptops playing silly buggers.

Good. I am glad someone else saw it. At least it dispels the myth that Brent and Nikkk are one and the same!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I got to the files quite late so the juicy stuff had gone.

Interestingly going through Google the Jake Cole auction thread can no longer be viewed unless you're logged in.

Someone must've done a bit of damage limitation Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm

This is all because some members on ATD cannot help but post about pasoti and some of them have very hypocritical perspectives. Posting completely invented non-stories about the identity of a pasoti forum member who buys a lot of stuff from someone they don't like and then to suggest it's "dodgy" seems acceptable yet if it were the other way around, they'd want the police involved and they'd be screaming for justice.

I won't repeat what was said previously but it wasn't very clever and it's obvious why Yea Man did what he did as if it had been allowed to continue, it would have been a car crash of a thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Why are people trying to get at Nikkkkkk? He's done nothing wrong, in my opinion.

It seems legit to me to question the rationale behind the auctions. It seems legit to question why they are there in the first place. It seems legit to question the posturing from others that goes with them. But Nikkk seems to be a rich man who is choosing to give money away anonymously (and having done so, apparently then passes the items to be auctioned elsewhere for other causes). He's a bloke caught in the cross-fire - not one of the baddies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm

If it wasn't IJN running these auctions, most of the ATD anti-Avivas wouldn't care. I'm hardly Ian's biggest fan but to suggest there's something untoward happening is really quite low.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm

I started the thread because the auctions are a farce, and Ian Newell has told people nikkk loves the theatre of it all, but is obviously going to outbid anyone, so you just need a few multis to get the ball rolling..

This leads to a long thread of smileys and fake tension followed eventuality by nikkk making the bid of the amount he was always going to donate, and then 15 "we're not worthy smileys" and a chorus of for he's a jolly good fellow.

Personally I don't care who nikkk is and I suppose its better for some rich guy to be paying off another rich guy's debt rather than ordinary fans keep being asked to help pay already rich footballers back pay, as well as some Argyle staff who were fecked over by more rich people, because remember the debt has to be paid off at the same rate whether it's Kari Arnason or Julie the cleaner who now has ccj's after going almost a year without full pay.

I would be interested to know if Peter Ridsdale is being paid over 5 years and receiving these bonus hand outs as well though. Somehow I reckon he will have negotiated a separate deal for himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 pm

is there a running tally of where we are in terms of how much debt is left ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I started the thread because the auctions are a farce, and Ian Newell has told people nikkk loves the theatre of it all, but is obviously going to outbid anyone, so you just need a few multis to get the ball rolling..

This leads to a long thread of smileys and fake tension followed eventuality by nikkk making the bid of the amount he was always going to donate, and then 15 "we're not worthy smileys" and a chorus of for he's a jolly good fellow.

Personally I don't care who nikkk is and I suppose its better for some rich guy to be paying off another rich guy's debt rather than ordinary fans keep being asked to help pay already rich footballers back pay, as well as some Argyle staff who were fecked over by more rich people, because remember the debt has to be paid off at the same rate whether it's Kari Arnason or Julie the cleaner who now has ccj's after going almost a year without full pay.

I would be interested to know if Peter Ridsdale is being paid over 5 years and receiving these bonus hand outs as well though. Somehow I reckon he will have negotiated a separate deal for himself.

I agree, Jock. I wasn't aware of who started the thread. That's what I meant by what I've just posted. I just thought the emphasis had shifted onto the wrong person.

As for the question of how much has been collected/how much is still owing - that may be a question to be put to Mr Brent at the Trust meeting.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Saltash green wrote:
is there a running tally of where we are in terms of how much debt is left ?

At the ATD Q&A I think JB said the sum was originally £1.9m but it was down to 1.7m. I would guess another £100k - £200k has been paid off since.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Here we go...

Next thing you know.. Newell announces on the auction thread that a bid had been received secretly so to speak.

200 quid if I remember correctly.

It's no wonder that auction thread has been removed.

Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 Brent_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Here we go...

Next thing you know.. Newell announces on the auction thread that a bid had been received secretly so to speak.

200 quid if I remember correctly.

It's no wonder that auction thread has been removed.

Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 Brent_10

Oh dear, oh dear.

But, he can explain every image don't forget Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 pm

The more secrets, the more, honest people will seek the truth. There is probably some rational explanation why someone is hiding their identity when making a legitimate financial transaction and I am confident a proper audit trail exists.

You would expect this if the anonymous bidder was a local businessman with a genuine love for Argyle or even if the bidder was your own Chairman, although if the latter it would show worrying naievity. I am also confident that the auctioneer is honest and everything is above board (tries to find appropriate smiley.....)

I am happy that the club I support is open and honest. We outed Russell and Lewis and they went to jail.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Does the date from the email match the auction?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Bloody hell, great screen shots.

Brent needs to get rid of Newell now or he will take him down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 pm

AUCTION - Match played Jake Cole shirt. Sold £1500.00 - Pasoti
www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=65582
15 posts - 6 authors - 3 Apr
Beautiful piece of Pilgrimabillia here. Image A match played, framed and signed Jake Cole shirt. There's been a bit of interest on this one, since ...

A google search for "Jake Cole Pasoti Auction" brings that up as being sold on the 3rd of April. Can't see any further as it asks you to login
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I noticed the email date! cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Is there actually anything wrong if Brent wanted to place a bid tho ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Saltash green wrote:

In theory, no.

But all proceeds from the auctions go to the "accelerated staff payment fund" so why doesn't Mr Brent just pay £200 straight to the staff rather than do it behind an auction?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Maybe it was an April Fools Day joke (see email date) Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

In theory, no.

But all proceeds from the auctions go to the "accelerated staff payment fund" so why doesn't Mr Brent just pay £200 straight to the staff rather than do it behind an auction?

maybe he wanted the item that was on offer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another pantomime auction is underway   Another pantomime auction is underway - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another pantomime auction is underway
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next