Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't know how you come to that conclusion, GG?

All I've seen on this thread is perfectly proper condemnation of the EDL chants at Crewe today, a rehash of last week's debate about similar chanting at the Torquay match, and some more criticism (to add to that which came from nearly all quarters all along) of the use of the name 'ultras'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 pm

greengenes wrote:
Weird how a few people do EDL chanting at an away match and suddenly this thread becomes a Chris Webb bashing thread . Look at yourselves people .

you will say anything to flipflop a debate wont you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Peggy wrote:
greenjock wrote:
If these reports are correct, it needs stamping out straight away. It was stupid in the first place to be referring to Ultras. That word is synonymous with hooliganism, and in my opinion the whole Forza Verde is a waste of time anyway, but the last thing the club needs now is a load of numpties chanting racist crap in Argyles name, which is how it will look. If there's one thing that will put off fans going as much as the crap we get on the pitch, it's racism.

Back in the 80's there was always a group of National Front idiots handing out leaflets in Central Park prior to games, and for every thousand leaflets or chants, some young kid will think it's cool to join in or copy.

Another thing is if it is going on at Argyle, the authorities will clamp down on the club and start issuing fines or docking points. It wouldn't be difficult to identify these people so someone at the club needs to get on the case straight away.

Rant over

There's a suggestion over there that the police were informed - or became involved - with the knuckle draggers at Crewe, thankfully.

I think there is (or was) an EDL group in Plymouth which has tried to portray itself as an Argyle thing: the club definitely took action to get the Argyle crest removed from their Facebook page. Although I gather the Plymouth EDL's in a bit of a mess, with two of their members facing a criminal trial for smashing up a kebab shop and at least one other thrown out of the official EDL.

i could name a very well know retail shop in plymouth that has 5 members of the edl and 2 bnp working for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:53 pm

people have just been discussing racist chanting amongst Argyle fans, and the advisibity of using a name like Ultras. very badly chosen I would have thought.

In fact, if I remember wasn't the name chosing poll on Pasoti somewhat dodgy ?
Didn't fans want something else, and actually most wanted green army, but all of a sudden they were 'overuled'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 pm

greengenes wrote:
Weird how a few people do EDL chanting at an away match and suddenly this thread becomes a Chris Webb bashing thread . Look at yourselves people .

What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:55 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
people have just been discussing racist chanting amongst Argyle fans, and the advisibity of using a name like Ultras. very badly chosen I would have thought.

Didn't fans want something else, and actually most wanted green army, but all of a sudden they were 'overuled'.

Is that right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 pm

You give your views and I give mine - thats how it works isn't it ? Chris Webbs name was dragged into this back aways .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Phenom wrote:
Peggy wrote:
greenjock wrote:
If these reports are correct, it needs stamping out straight away. It was stupid in the first place to be referring to Ultras. That word is synonymous with hooliganism, and in my opinion the whole Forza Verde is a waste of time anyway, but the last thing the club needs now is a load of numpties chanting racist crap in Argyles name, which is how it will look. If there's one thing that will put off fans going as much as the crap we get on the pitch, it's racism.

Back in the 80's there was always a group of National Front idiots handing out leaflets in Central Park prior to games, and for every thousand leaflets or chants, some young kid will think it's cool to join in or copy.

Another thing is if it is going on at Argyle, the authorities will clamp down on the club and start issuing fines or docking points. It wouldn't be difficult to identify these people so someone at the club needs to get on the case straight away.

Rant over

There's a suggestion over there that the police were informed - or became involved - with the knuckle draggers at Crewe, thankfully.

I think there is (or was) an EDL group in Plymouth which has tried to portray itself as an Argyle thing: the club definitely took action to get the Argyle crest removed from their Facebook page. Although I gather the Plymouth EDL's in a bit of a mess, with two of their members facing a criminal trial for smashing up a kebab shop and at least one other thrown out of the official EDL.

i could name a very well know retail shop in plymouth that has 5 members of the edl and 2 bnp working for them.

Do it - name the shop . Go on .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 pm

GOB wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Is that right?

Rings a bell with me to. I'm pretty sure the "1886" was never even in the original options and was added afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Yes - because he was asked as club president what was happening with regard to the racist chanting at the Torquay match and he failed to answer the question.

Facts, that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm

greengenes wrote:
You give your views and I give mine - thats how it works isn't it ? Chris Webbs name was dragged into this back aways .

He wasn't dragged into it, he created it you silly billy! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm

That's how I remember it, yes. There was a final list cobbled together and the most popular green army disappeared with it maybe demed inappropriate, and then they were given 4 names to choose from. many complained at the time of how it was 'organised', but just went along with it. Concerns were raised of course about the Ultra connection and the possible consequences, but as usual, guess what.
The thread will be on Pasoti somewhere, but as I remember all the original votes were wiped when making up a final list.
Back to top Go down

Phenom wrote:

I would ask if the name begins with C*, but surely that's too small to have that many staff?

*No - not the Co-op Smile
Back to top Go down

I won't bother again. GG you are definitely making this out to be something it's not. Bollox then, let it carry on and the Cobi Budges will all be shaving their heads and doing organised salutes ala Italian Ultras. Looks like this group have tagged themselves onto Argyle and you want to turn it into a Chris Webb defence thing. I raised it with Chris originally as he's Club President that's all. It's a subject I feel strongly about and it's happening at my club. Feck it, let's get deducted 10 points, not going to make any difference!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Yea Man wrote:
GOB wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Is that right?

Rings a bell with me to. I'm pretty sure the "1886" was never even in the original options and was added afterwards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] original vote- No forza verdea 1886 option! FOrza verde only got 6% (10 votes)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

greenjock wrote:
I won't bother again. GG you are definitely making this out to be something it's not. Bollox then, let it carry on and the Cobi Budges will all be shaving their heads and doing organised salutes ala Italian Ultras. Looks like this group have tagged themselves onto Argyle and you want to turn it into a Chris Webb defence thing. I raised it with Chris originally as he's Club President that's all. It's a subject I feel strongly about and it's happening at my club. Feck it, let's get deducted 10 points, not going to make any difference!

Mate I abhor racism . Chris Webb is not responsible for everything that happens at the Club . Give the guy a break .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

greenjock wrote:

Another name - Cobi Budge - why the hell bring his name into it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm

He has been warned plenty enough times of what an "ultra" tag could encourage at Home Park
If he chooses not to listen, that's up to him. He's a mug if he oesn't. Why take the risk with the club's reputation, that's what I don't understand. It's a subject that will just get bigger, and is yet another own goal, let alone wider implications. This chanting has been stamped out at HP since the banning a couple of years ago, now, after the ultra thing, all of a sudden, it's back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:11 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Mate I abhor racism . Chris Webb is not responsible for everything that happens at the Club . Give the guy a break .

But Chris Webb, as president, started the 'ultra' thing (this time, anyway) and is clearly taking the lead in running it. The alleged racist chanting at the Torquay match came from the back of block 4, an ultras area. Jock was quite right to ask (a) how the ultras were distancing themselves from this, and (b) what was going on in terms of an investigation.

There's no conspiracy here, GG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:11 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Really?

I really do hope and believe that what I'm reading has been somehow misunderstood and that there's just confusion over this voting thing on pasoti, I genuinely do. But for everyone's sake this needs to be explained!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
He has been warned plenty enough times of what an "ultra" tag could encourage at Home Park
If he chooses not to listen, that's up to him. He's a mug if he oesn't. Why take the risk with the club's reputation, that's what I don't understand. It's a subject that will just get bigger, and is yet another own goal, let alone wider implications. This chanting has been stamped out at HP since the banning a couple of years ago, now, after the ultra thing, all of a sudden, it's back.

Nonsense ! Every single Club or large gathering of people will attract extremists - its how they work - see a large group of people and try and pick up a few recruits .Racism is not and will not be tolerated at Home Park . Even Truro City has a few .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

But I brought up the subject to him as Club President. So what can Argyle fans approach him about? And I see over the road it's been moved to Terraces. Doesn't constitute general discussion about Plymouth Argyle or related matters then?

I brought Cobi's name up as he's of the sort of age I was referring to as impressionable FFS. Nothing sinister but I don't know the names of anyone else in his age group who goes to games. Cobi also posts on here too and is quite welcome. Sod this, we get such a kicking from you about stuff sometimes, and this has been turned into something else. I'm leaving it go because I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:13 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

You're not this dense, GG, I know you're not. The phrase 'the Cobi Budges' was clearly being used to describe keen young Argyle fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:14 pm

greenjock wrote:
greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

But I brought up the subject to him as Club President. So what can Argyle fans approach him about? And I see over the road it's been moved to Terraces. Doesn't constitute general discussion about Plymouth Argyle or related matters then?

I brought Cobi's name up as he's of the sort of age I was referring to as impressionable FFS. Nothing sinister but I don't know the names of anyone else in his age group who goes to games. Cobi also posts on here too and is quite welcome. Sod this, we get such a kicking from you about stuff sometimes, and this has been turned into something else. I'm leaving it go because I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Imagine how I feel mate ! jocolor Anyway off to enjoy a nice steak and some red wine . Take care people .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Peggy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

You're not this dense, GG, I know you're not. The phrase 'the Cobi Budges' was clearly being used to describe keen young Argyle fans.

Of course I know the context it was used in . Take care Peggy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EDL Chants in the away end
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next