Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 am

Like Bogsider said, all it would have taken was a standard statement from Chris saying any form of racism was not tolerated by the club, and everything possible would be done to identify the culprits and make sure it doesn't happen again. But oh no, not from El Pres, he preferred to flounce off muttering that people were accusing him of being a racist, which was not the case at all. If he is to be Club President, then when he posts on a football forum people are going to ask him club related questions, whether he is posting as Chris Webb or the President.

He can't take any form of criticism, can't tolerate anybody doubting James Brent or wanting answers to important questions. Christ knows how he manages in his day job. I can't imagine he gets a smooth ride from his employers as a trade union rep, but we all know he can handle it in "real life", he just can't abide ATD and won't entertain anything raised on this site. Pathetic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 am

To my knowledgem no one on here has said Chris Webb or Ian newell for that matter have racist empathies. That would be a horrible slur on anyone and wouldn't last long on here. And indeed, anyone who suggests this website has encouraged that view is talking through their backside.

But this whole matter has come up because of recent racisr chanting since the inception of the ultras, and hence wider worries about a fan movement that takes on the name of far right extremists on the Continent ... that is where the worry is, and why fans want confirmation from Mr President that he has taken those concerns to the club... I haven't sen any such confirmation on here or Pasoti. Is he saying it's not his role ? ... surely not.

As to widely available facebook photos, I don't see the point or what they might or might not show. I'm sure there are pictures out there of all of us in a group Argyle fan mugshot with a Jack the Ripper or Pol Pot. Heavens, there is even a picture of the recent bannee with Peter Ridsdale !
What concerns me in all this is that there are factions within the fanbase who are at loggerheads, and some will use dodgy tactics to get at someone.
I'm not into personal slurs, I'm into debating and arguing the issues when they arise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 am

penzancepirate wrote:
As to widely available facebook photos, I don't see the point or what they might or might not show. I'm sure there are pictures out there of all of us in a group Argyle fan mugshot with a Jack the Ripper or Pol Pot. Heavens, there is even a picture of the recent bannee with Peter Ridsdale !
What concerns me in all this is that there are factions within the fanbase who are at loggerheads, and some will use dodgy tactics to get at someone.
I'm not into personal slurs, I'm into debating and arguing the issues when they arise.

Completely agree with that. Was it during the McCarthy purges in the States that you could be damned by association?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 am

Indeed knecht. I wouldn't want myself to be bullied in such a manner, and despite our obvious differences, I would hate for the likes of Webby or Nool to suffer under that sort of thing. And I would expect the same of them.
It's no way to behave.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:55 am

penzancepirate wrote:
To my knowledgem no one on here has said Chris Webb or Ian newell for that matter have racist empathies. That would be a horrible slur on anyone and wouldn't last long on here.

Looks like ATD takes a different view to Exeweb then, the Pork as Newell is affectionately known regularly makes such unfounded racist slurs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

That maybe the case Lord Tisdale and not that you are, but the majority of users of Exweb, Pasoti and ATD should not be judged by Newell's standards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:29 pm

GOB wrote:
That maybe the case Lord Tisdale and not that you are, but the majority of users of Exweb, Pasoti and ATD should not be judged by Newell's standards.

And neither should the majority of Argyle supporters.

(Not even sure the word 'standards' applies in this case, though.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Peggy wrote:
GOB wrote:

And neither should the majority of Argyle supporters.

(Not even sure the word 'standards' applies in this case, though.)

And of course, neither should the majority of Exeter supporters. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

EDL Chants in the away end
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10