Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm

As to Chris not posting on here, that sort of pleases me personally to be honest. His visits have often been nothing more than what his friend on Pasoti would call trolling.... usually mid evening when perhaps faculties aren't what they should be for some. I moved away from that site to avoid the abuse for my opinions, I'm glad he's gone back there.
And to be honest, any REAL questions of him were never answered, only met with, I have to say, rather angry toys and prams. he certainly does not like being held to task at all. A good job he's not a politician, he wouldn't last 5 seconds.

Anyway, this racism question is too important a subject to be aiming at an honorary volunteer. Fortunately, it's now very much been flagged on both websites. One would assume messages have been passed on at the club, and we would all expect a close watch will be kept. One thing is for sure, there will be plenty of fans checking on the situation at the ground for any further occurences... many are rightly suspicious of the use of the Ultra thing at our club. There's a story here somewhere, given that James Brent is soooooo keen on it, and so much money has come from 'nowhere to fund it ... even a professional drummer, I believe. It is most strange.

As to the removal of the thread on Pasoti, anything controversial on there gets removed these days before too long. It's the new Baggo', we all know that in reality. Football has been removing controversial issues from the media for years, and the Pasoti Baggo' will be no different.
Ian Newell's involvment interests me though. I find it strange he has nothing to say on a particular Pasoti poster who it appears has been ejected several times from football grounds, and yet when I raised the completely wrong ejection for swearing of two older regulars in the Mayflower I witnessed a couple of years ago, he was straight down my throat within an hour or so saying how stewards know what they're doing. No such comments in this case I note.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:05 pm

It's a real flesh and blood mates thing. You always stand up for real flesh and blood mates. Especially if the are good blokes who travel on the GTs coach.

(whereas if my mate was a bumptious fool who couldn't hold his drink and did things under the influence of drink that are rather regrettable, I'd tell him to wind his neck in, calm down and miss the next couple of games to consider his attitude and actions)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm

thanks green jock - i was really miffed regarding remark brent was aware of 'bad things' said on here. i stand by all my remarks - hes the president & NEVER ever should have gone running to brent let alone posting on here he'd done that -hes a union man too for god sake !!! i still have a little sympathy for him , the president title is a great position and you need to show 'greatness' to hold it.

On topic, surely this EDL stuff doesnt mean the club has a problem at the moment. idiots always attach themselves to football clubs if they get no encouragement theyll go away soon enough (infact they may have already given up for all we know).

i love the comment that forza verde 1886 was the name no one voted for brilliant!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
thanks green jock - i was really miffed regarding remark brent was aware of 'bad things' said on here. i stand by all my remarks - hes the president & NEVER ever should have gone running to brent let alone posting on here he'd done that -hes a union man too for god sake !!! i still have a little sympathy for him , the president title is a great position and you need to show 'greatness' to hold it.

On topic, surely this EDL stuff doesnt mean the club has a problem at the moment. idiots always attach themselves to football clubs if they get no encouragement theyll go away soon enough (infact they may have already given up for all we know).

i love the comment that forza verde 1886 was the name no one voted for brilliant!!!

At the risk of becoming a one-man CWDL (Chris Webb Defence League), I didn't think it was said that Chris had done the showing of "offending" ATD threads to Brent. I thought it was suggested it was someone else. I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 pm

GOB wrote:
When a thread is removed or edited on Pasoti you just KNOW there's something in it and that's when the questions start to buzz about in my head

I’ve been otherwise occupied during this topic, have I got this right?……………...

There was a vote on pasoti for the name of Chris Webb's singers group. The result of the vote was ignored and overturned by the Pasoti admin and Chris Webb.

The Pasiti admin and Chris Webb decide to use a name that by coincidence happens be the name of the most notorious racist group of fans in Europe.

The first vote was a shambles. I don't remember the exact details but it was set up and started before the suggestions had stopped coming in and they ended up with loads of suggestions but with loads of votes on the first few only. It was very half-arsed. So they took out the ones that seemed to be the most popular, cut out the many that were daft, did it again and ended up with Forza Verde.

I didn't know that this was the name of a notoriously racist group of supporters though. Which team? Unless you are referring to the whole Ultras thing which has all sorts of dodgy nationalist links at a stream of clubs in Europe and beyond and is a bit unfortunate
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:32 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

lol! sorry I just wanted to point out that there were posts on Pasoti that supported the view that Chris was not being fair, with regard to how he posts on both sites, and yours was still there. Some critical posts had been "filletted" to lets say make the thread look as though ATD had rounded en masse against Chris, when that wasn't really the case. If Chris has started a similar thread on Pasoti calling for the war of words to stop, I would have more respect for him. As it was he made the suggestion here and didn't say anything on Pasoti until Cerbera had started a thread to try and maybe smooth things over between the two sites.

The issue of Brent being made aware of bad things being said on here was also proof that Chris seems hellbent on putting ATD down, and yet is quite happy to point out any negativity from here towards Pasoti, and he is seemingly posting on Pasoti just as regularly as ever, even after he had stated that he was cutting down on posting on Internet Forums. Maybe he meant just in his Club President role? But that's the capacity I brought up the racist chanting issue, which was still never answered by him in any capacity. And I still maintain that Chris Webb and Club President are one and the same and anything he says as Chris Webb will always reflect on Chris Webb Club President.

The Forza Verde 1886 name WAS never voted for, and even the closest derivative of that which made the poll didn't top the poll. This was briefly men tioned on Pasoti, but as with any awkward question raised on there, it was soon swept under the carpet.

I will be going to the Port Vale away game in 3 weeks and will be interested to see if the racist stuff is still evident, because if any investigation has begun, then surely it will have been stamped out by then.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Heres the first vote [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the second [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forza Verde was definitely there.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Heres the first vote [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the second [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forza Verde was definitely there.

But Forze Verde 1886 never was!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I didn't know that this was the name of a notoriously racist group of supporters though. Which team? Unless you are referring to the whole Ultras thing which has all sorts of dodgy nationalist links at a stream of clubs in Europe and beyond and is a bit unfortunate[/quote]

Just google for videos of "Italian Ultras" and you will get the gist.

One of the suggestions for the Forza Verde motto was "Molti nemici. Molto onore" - a former Italian Fascist slogan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 pm

1886 was added later by the powers that be. As others have shown across Europe, historical myth is considered a powerful thing. I haven't seen so much pseudo heraldry since I studied it.
Oh ! and where did Green Army go ? ... the most popular of the original vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:46 am

If any fans, Trust members or otherwise, have specific complaints or evidence of racist chants or abuse by Argyle supporters the Trust would certainly be interested to hear about it. I wasn't at Crewe myself, so didn't see/hear what happened first hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am

Tim Chown wrote:
If any fans, Trust members or otherwise, have specific complaints or evidence of racist chants or abuse by Argyle supporters the Trust would certainly be interested to hear about it. I wasn't at Crewe myself, so didn't see/hear what happened first hand.

didnt there used to be a number that fans could text during games if they heard anything or wanted to report it? is that still going maybe worth looking into and trying PR ing it so it can prevent anymore chants being heard or better yet be able to point out who is doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:18 am

If people have info about racism and EDL activity amongst the fans/so called fans wouldn't it be more discreet to PM someone such as Chris Webb, so that they can look into it without putting them on the spot.

Shouting it from the roof tops on here will only get them being more cunning and covert.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:31 am

Cunning and covert?

No need for such tactics...

The facts were... That Chris Webb, El Prez, was alerted on Pasoti to possible racist chanting from Argyle's 'ultra' area and he chose to ignore the concerns, labelling them a cheap attack by ATD to link him to racism.

Pretty soon after, all traces of at least 3 pages of discussion on the matter were erased from Pasoti.

So I don't think PM'ing him is going to bring it into the public spotlight - far from it.

Everything has played right into the racists hands...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 am

Phenom wrote:
Tim Chown wrote:

didnt there used to be a number that fans could text during games if they heard anything or wanted to report it? is that still going maybe worth looking into and trying PR ing it so it can prevent anymore chants being heard or better yet be able to point out who is doing it.

Kick It Out number for reporting any kind of discriminatory chanting (racism, homophobia etc.) in a football environment: 0800 169 9414. I think you have to ring, rather than text, though.

You can also report things online: Kick It Out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 am

Tim Chown wrote:

Now this is the kind of message we wanted to see from our club president clown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I was in the away end at Crewe. There were a group of football hooligans about 4 seats to my left who constantly chanted racist abuse throughout the match, including some directed at stewards. many of our fans made complaints to the police who were watching it all happen but did nothing.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Cobi why don't you or one of your mates photograph them with a phone next time so at least the authorities will know who these people are. Not if it puts your personal safety at risk of course.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I think you have answered your own question Swampy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:05 pm

swampy wrote:
Cobi why don't you or one of your mates photograph them with a phone next time so at least the authorities will know who these people are. Not if it puts your personal safety at
risk of course.

I think you have answered yourself there mate. When we were reporting them inside the ground it has to be kept down because they didn't look like the friendliest bunch of people.

Regardless of how 'hard' they were, chanting racist abuse it something that should result in ejection and banning.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Should also end up in a court. Just thought someone could have got a sneaky pic on their phone without being spotted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

swampy wrote:
Should also end up in a court. Just thought someone could have got a sneaky pic on their phone without being spotted.

I see what you mean, bit dangerous though, they aint scared of throwing a punch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

now peggy's found the number i suggest those going on sat (myself included unless i get a call from work) take a note of the number and keep it handy so if you do hear any you can ring up at halftime or there if its safe too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

There is a thread on PASOTI that says some banning orders are now in place so somebody it seems did something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
There is a thread on PASOTI that says some banning orders are now in place so somebody it seems did something.

where abouts cant see it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

EDL Chants in the away end
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next