Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

EDL Chants in the away end Empty
PostSubject: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Just seen on Twitter that there were a few idiots chanting EDL in the away end.

Never rains when it pours
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Phenom wrote:

What are you on about now Robbie ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

There were a few doing the old st george and IRA stuff last week outside the Lyndhurst .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Its on pasoti Terraces also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, we're going to see a lot more of it in the coming years, especially with Mr President's official endorsement of an Ultras group. does he really know what he's doing ? Has he really seen and understood the danger of where the ultra thing in Europe might lead at this time of economic disaster ?
Someone asked him, maybe Jock, if he had any comment on racist chanting in the Devonport last week. He blustered and said nothing, almost angry someone should hve the timerity to question his baby.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Phenom wrote:

some argyle fans are supposed to have been chanting the name of the EDL at the game today. well i do use the word fan loosely describing the ones that were chanting if in fact they did.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Phenom wrote:

EDL=English Defence League

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:38 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Well, we're going to see a lot more of it in the coming years, especially with Mr President's official endorsement of an Ultras group. does he really know what he's doing ? Has he really seen and understood the danger of where the ultra thing in Europe might lead at this time of economic disaster ?
Someone asked him, maybe Jock, if he had any comment on racist chanting in the Devonport last week. He blustered and said nothing, almost angry someone should hve the timerity to question his baby.

Trying to link Chris Webb to that is just plain daft PP and you know it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Nobody was linking chris webb to the chanting last week. He was asked quite clearly if he would comment on and look into the racist chanting amongst the Ultra block. He did what you did, he just wouldn't answer, apart from complaining of being called a racist. Very useful, I must say.
All that was needed was a "I'll look into it"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Nobody was linking chris webb to the chanting last week. He was asked quite clearly if he would comment on and look into the racist chanting amongst the Ultra block. He did what you did, he just wouldn't answer, apart from complaining of being called a racist. Very useful, I must say.

Do you honestly think his attitude is anything other than abhorrence ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:00 pm

It's obvious his attitude is obhorence... that wasn't in question.
he was asked if he would acknowledge it happened and whether he would look into it. he didn't answer.
Do you know if he has ? He doesn't come on here any more.
If it happens at home Park again, I suppose we'll have to go to the club through the Trust possibly. Maybe they will have bigger ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:02 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
he was asked if he would acknowledge it happened and whether he would look into it. he didn't answer.

He hasn't been on for a few days and I don't blame him . If he said look into it of course he would . You lot give him a helluva rough ride .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:03 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

He is busy writting his next "there are no american forces here in baghdad" script to post later i think

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

He hasn't been on for a few days and I don't blame him . If he said look into it of course he would . You lot give him a helluva rough ride .

nahh we just wont allow his ego to get any bigger than it already is. Why should he be treated like a high lord when he talks sown to us all and expects us to toe the line. not happening and i am glad a few have their own minds to ask him question he doesnt like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:11 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Nook, he's just got a very thin skin, incapable of answering tough questions and doesn't like it when he gets anything less than unanimous arselicking.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

I'd like to re-read that - can anybody provide a link to the thread, please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I agree, poor fella, I've always had a soft spot for over sensitive union reps. I guess unions aint what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Rickler wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I'd like to re-read that - can anybody provide a link to the thread, please?

Its in the James Brent statement on Torquay thread-

Jimbo Statement
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:26 pm

GG, Ive read the post that PP put up and in no way is he linking El Presidente with the racist chanting, All he was doing is pointing out that the word "Ultras" in some countries, When used by football fans, There is a racist overtone to them and very right wing. According to others CW blustered a answer when someone questioned him. He has put himself on this pedestal so people have a right to ask him stuff. Dont forget, He is the "Fans President"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Southborne wrote:
GG, Ive read the post that PP put up and in no way is he linking El Presidente with the racist chanting, All he was doing is pointing out that the word "Ultras" in some countries, When used by football fans, There is a racist overtone to them and very right wing. According to others CW blustered a answer when someone questioned him. He has put himself on this pedestal so people have a right to ask him stuff. Dont forget, He is the "Fans President"

but who voted for him to speak on the fans behalf?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

I did ask Chris about it on here and he took an aggressive stance with me on the subject, but he didn't actually say anything about investigating it. I will say though it was on the day that all hell broke loose so I can forgive him for not answering my point in full.

If there were racist chants again today from the Argyle end this is worrying. I have some experience in this matter as I received a football banning order for racist/and or indecent chanting at Home Park. Without going into all the details it was all a load of contrived BS by the Police as all we were guilty of really was a bit of swearing and standing up singing, which the usual heavy handed bouncers who masquerade as stewards didn't like. In court the Police even said the area we were in was heavily populated by families with children, and we were in Block 17. I never did that day, and never have taken part in any racist chanting or activities, and I absolutely abhor racists.

Once my ban was up, I saw the Police Officer who had been in charge of the case, called Pooley if anyone wants to know in case they get stitched up by him, at the Southampton away game, and I asked him why him and his colleagues lied to get 3 of us convicted, he just laughed on smiled and leant towards me and said tough shit.

Anyway thats by the by. If these reports are correct, it needs stamping out straight away. It was stupid in the first place to be referring to Ultras. That word is synonymous with hooliganism, and in my opinion the whole Forza Verde is a waste of time anyway, but the last thing the club needs now is a load of numpties chanting racist crap in Argyles name, which is how it will look. If there's one thing that will put off fans going as much as the crap we get on the pitch, it's racism.

Back in the 80's there was always a group of National Front idiots handing out leaflets in Central Park prior to games, and for every thousand leaflets or chants, some young kid will think it's cool to join in or copy.

Another thing is if it is going on at Argyle, the authorities will clamp down on the club and start issuing fines or docking points. It wouldn't be difficult to identify these people so someone at the club needs to get on the case straight away.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Phenom wrote:
Southborne wrote:

but who voted for him to speak on the fans behalf?

I believe it as a committee or politburo of 2, Dont forget, With block voting in unions 2 people can mean 50,000 votes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks for the link 'Chemi'..

Seems El Prez was just a touch sensitive... Very good politically though... He ignored the crux of the question completely, and turned it around into an ATD attack on him! 8/10 for this performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 pm

greenjock wrote:
If these reports are correct, it needs stamping out straight away. It was stupid in the first place to be referring to Ultras. That word is synonymous with hooliganism, and in my opinion the whole Forza Verde is a waste of time anyway, but the last thing the club needs now is a load of numpties chanting racist crap in Argyles name, which is how it will look. If there's one thing that will put off fans going as much as the crap we get on the pitch, it's racism.

Back in the 80's there was always a group of National Front idiots handing out leaflets in Central Park prior to games, and for every thousand leaflets or chants, some young kid will think it's cool to join in or copy.

Another thing is if it is going on at Argyle, the authorities will clamp down on the club and start issuing fines or docking points. It wouldn't be difficult to identify these people so someone at the club needs to get on the case straight away.

Rant over

There's a suggestion over there that the police were informed - or became involved - with the knuckle draggers at Crewe, thankfully.

I think there is (or was) an EDL group in Plymouth which has tried to portray itself as an Argyle thing: the club definitely took action to get the Argyle crest removed from their Facebook page. Although I gather the Plymouth EDL's in a bit of a mess, with two of their members facing a criminal trial for smashing up a kebab shop and at least one other thrown out of the official EDL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:46 pm

I thought about the name when I first read it, it didn't seem very tasteful naming it after some of the worst offenders for racism in world football. I didn't expect it to raise "energies" though, it's very concerning at a time when football is once again, and deservedly so, under the racism spotlight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Weird how a few people do EDL chanting at an away match and suddenly this thread becomes a Chris Webb bashing thread . Look at yourselves people .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDL Chants in the away end    EDL Chants in the away end Empty

Back to top Go down

EDL Chants in the away end
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next