Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Totally irrelevant and nobody is defending Kinnock. Whilst you mention it why did Kinnock get away with it? What about Blunkett fiddling his expenses in the Home Office in which his main role is boss of the Police? I talked to a Copper who the same week as Blunkett paid back his expenses had to sack a good colleague of ten years service because he used his patrol car to drop his missus to the shops. It's always gone on and the main reason is the subservient nature of good old Joe Public. The only reason I can see for people like you being so accepting of corruption is that maybe you wish you could be the one getting away Scott free when you break the rules. Defending the indefensible. Just look at Brent and Argyle to see it all being played out at a local level, I really do despair.
I seriously believe half the British public can't think and the other half don't want to.

WTF did I write I accepted corruption, I’ll tell you where, no fecking where. Your problem you just don’t read what’s written so you put your own slant on it, I’m not defending Cummings at all, just frigging fed up with political and media energy being spent on this person with all this Covid issue swirling around, why the fecking hell you can’t see that is beyond me and WTF has Blunkett and Brent got to do with this, what’s all that about ?

I’ve been around longer than you and I’m fully aware of the ruling class alright, Tory, Labour, Liberal and all the rest are all corrupt in their own way, always have been and always will be, so I don’t need a lecture from you about that.
I give an opinion, your right to respond with yours but don’t accuse me of something I haven’t written.

Saying move on from Cummings gives all his ilk permission to do what the feck they like that's why corruption is so rife in this country. If you can't see that then this no point in discussing it further, I think you and people like you are half the problem, that's my opinion.

Which I assume means you and people like you are the other half of the problem.

Ever thought of being a politician?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 4:53 am

Heads of Police across the country blasting the inept incompetent Johnson for Thursdays easing of lockdown to get Cummings off the front pages and making their life more difficult this weekend.

The longer this repulsive scroat stays in office the better frankly because the catastrophic damage inflicted on Johnson in the interim is quite magnificent.
Good to see that polls of Johnsons competence are dropping off a cliff as pretty clear even his own party realise hes a drunken cynical liar.
Will the public remember it in 4 years time though
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 11:37 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Heads of Police across the country blasting the inept incompetent Johnson for Thursdays easing of lockdown to get Cummings off the front pages and making their life more difficult this weekend.

The longer this repulsive scroat stays in office the better frankly because the catastrophic damage inflicted on Johnson in the interim is quite magnificent.
Good to see that polls of Johnsons competence are dropping off a cliff as pretty clear even his own party realise hes a drunken cynical liar.

Doubt it they seemed to forget when they elected him with a landslide victory a few months ago. Also we need a credible opposition, nothing I've seen of Starmer makes me think he's the man, he's another Blair ie a Tory in a red jacket.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 11:49 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Any proof Johnson is drunken or is it another one of your ‘nailed on’ facts?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:28 pm

South West is seeing an increase in the R. Not shocked given how blasie people are being now the lockdown is gradually being lifted here there and everywhere and brought in by tourists.

2nd wave is coming
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat May 30, 2020 11:47 pm

Angry wrote:
South West is seeing an increase in the R. Not shocked given how blasie people are being now the lockdown is gradually being lifted here there and everywhere and brought in by tourists.

2nd wave is coming

The six people rule is an absolute joke really, people could meet thirty people over a weekend and still not break the rules, hopefully whilst this weather lasts the risk won't be too great but if the it starts raining it will go mental.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Any proof Johnson is drunken or is it another one of your ‘nailed on’ facts?

Seriously fella do the search yourself !!  Johnsons history is littered with boozed up behaviour and perhaps you want to start your search on the most recent topic of just why Johnson is scared shitless of sacking Cummings and its not that he cant cope without him (which he cant anyway)

No the blond twat would rather 1000s more of our citizens die first anything to get Cummings off the front pages

Still Piers Morgan is back today and it wouldnt surprise me that come Friday Labour will actually have made up the the small 4% they are currently behind in the polls. Johnson thought this PM caper was going to be a nice little jolly instead the incompetent inept moron is hopefully heading for a court appearance in 5 years time post enquiry when 100,000 of our citizens will be dead

Edited to add.....you wait until Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is released and the outpouring of scorn on the inept buffoon the minute shes safely back on British soil.....every single media outlet are just waiting for that monent
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 am

Well lockdown seems like its well and truly over now, how long until the next one?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Got a pro forma reply from me old mate Cox'y, lol.

Dear Constituent

Thank you for your email about the chief of the Prime Minister’s political staff, Mr. Cummings. I am sorry that this reply has been delayed, however, I am experiencing very high volumes of correspondence, much of which raises often urgent individual problems of an acute personal nature arising from the current emergency. I am sure you will understand the need for me and my staff to give priority to helping with those problems wherever possible.

You ask me for my thoughts about Mr. Cummings’ actions in removing himself and his family to a place of isolation near his sister and young adult nieces in County Durham so that his four year old child could be looked after if he and his wife, both of whom seemed likely to become ill with the Coronavirus, became unfit to do so.

I have reflected carefully on this and have awaited both Mr. Cummings’ explanation and the Durham Police’s conclusions that were announced on Thursday before making public comment.  Inevitably, his conduct divides opinion and admits of a wide range of views. I can only give you candidly my own.

I think that advice ought to have been clearer in explaining that if there was no other reasonable choice to protect a young child who otherwise could not be looked after, it was permissible under the applicable regulations to leave home to go to a place where he or she might be cared for. The government’s guidance specified acceptable reasons for leaving home but those were examples. The legally binding regulations always permitted someone, albeit at the risk that, if detected, the police and a court might later disagree with them,  to leave home if they had a pressing necessity to do so to sustain the essential physical welfare of themselves or someone else, and the provision of care to a very young child, where there was no other reasonably available option at home, might well be such a ground. I note that the Durham Police have concluded the same and do not regard him as having transgressed the law. 

I do think it is regrettable that Mr. Cummings did not place these facts in the public domain much earlier and I think he might have expressed regret that, however innocently, his conduct could have caused confusion.

Nevertheless, on the assumption that there was indeed no other viable choice without putting others at risk, and since I cannot see any other plausible motivation than his desire to ensure the protection of a vulnerable child while he and his wife were very unwell, I do not feel able to call for his resignation. His decisions were taken on the spur of the moment in the immediate apprehension of a family crisis and on the brink of becoming very ill, and he and his wife returned home as soon as the crisis was over.

Had Mr. Cummings travelled to Durham to visit his parents, or merely for convenience of childcare, I would have taken a very different view. The sole justifying feature of his case is the necessity of protecting a vulnerable child.

The journey to Barnard Castle after he and his wife had recovered to see if he was up to driving to London the following day, while it might well have been within the law, is hard to argue as following the Government’s advice at that time not to drive long distances to beauty spots and, as he has acknowledged, reasonable people might well disagree with his actions and conclude that he should have acted differently.

He could, of course, legitimately have set out for London and then returned to the place he had been staying if it had proved too much for him. There might be said to be little practical difference in terms of the risk of spread of the disease between doing that and the course of action he chose, but in my view, it would probably have been better to admit that he did not follow the strict letter of the government’s guidance in this respect and apologise.

Even if his visit to Barnard Castle for this reason was inappropriate, it was an error of judgment committed in the immediate aftermath of suffering a serious illness without any desire to frustrate the rules, or their purpose, which is to contain the potential spread of the disease. I do not believe that it warrants dismissal.

While I do not think that Mr. Cummings’ conduct justifies his dismissal, I am acutely aware of the need for self-discipline in implementing the government’s public health measures and my position might change in the event that I were to become convinced that his actions, and not the often inaccurate reporting of them, were harming the national effort to defeat the disease. I am confident the good sense of the British people will not let this incident affect their conduct.

Finally, the fundamentally important and urgent purpose of the government and the country is now to ensure there is no recrudescence of the virus as we begin increasingly to resume aspects of normal social and economic life. That can only be achieved by careful planning and by focusing intense effort and resources on testing, tracing, and containment of those who have it. I am in constant discussion with the Devon County Council, the Health Authorities and with local business organisations and others to ensure that those plans and the resources to carry them out are in place.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the trouble to write to me.

Yours faithfully,

Geoffrey

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 5:59 am

Just Brilliant but sickening at the same time.......

"The Tories have spent 10 years now eroding the UK's capacity to deal with anything at all, from dealing with the fallout from Grenfell, through to the pandemic sweeping the globe and the lives it has unnecessarily taken. Covid-19 has ravaged us as a population, but the Conservatives have ravaged our country with their incessant cuts and privatisation.

They alone have created the framework that led us towards the largest death toll in Europe, and the greatest death rate in the world.

As we ease our lockdown today at the request of this belligerent and destructive PM, we find ourselves wondering just how our NHS and frontline essential services will cope at another rise in deaths due to his ineptitude, and as our school children return to their schools, it fills us with dread at just how we as a people have allowed this utterly monstrous government to continue to lie and rule over us all.

Indeed, in any other country heads would have rolled. Politicians would have been binned. Others would be behind bars.

What has become if this once proud nation? We are not taking back control at all. We have given it to a bunch of murderous psychotic sociopaths.

And in so doing, we have learned nothing at all from history...

Vote of No Confidence in the UK Conservatives
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 6:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

"The Tories have spent 10 years now eroding the UK's capacity to deal with anything at all, from dealing with the fallout from Grenfell, through to the pandemic sweeping the globe and the lives it has unnecessarily taken. Covid-19 has ravaged us as a population, but the Conservatives have ravaged our country with their incessant cuts and privatisation.

They alone have created the framework that led us towards the largest death toll in Europe, and the greatest death rate in the world.

As we ease our lockdown today at the request of this belligerent and destructive PM, we find ourselves wondering just how our NHS and frontline essential services will cope at another rise in deaths due to his ineptitude, and as our school children return to their schools, it fills us with dread at just how we as a people have allowed this utterly monstrous government to continue to lie and rule over us all.

Indeed, in any other country heads would have rolled. Politicians would have been binned. Others would be behind bars.

What has become if this once proud nation? We are not taking back control at all. We have given it to a bunch of murderous psychotic sociopaths.

Who are you quoting? You forgot to say...
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

At least this utterly monstrous government has saved us from the ideology of a world seen through the eyes of Jeremy Corbyn.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 9:32 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Can't stay in lock-down forever while we wait for a vaccine, Harve. We may never get a vaccine, a la SARS. We have to get the country moving. Italy, France and Spain 'seem' to be coming out of the lock down with little or no problems although, like this country, how much is actually reported is open to question.

I'm not defending Johnson and co, but I'm sure whoever was in charge during this pandemic, they would have got things right, and wrong, just as the Tories have.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:27 am

Whichever left leaning Facebook page Harve copied that from its a piss poor bit of journalism. Firstly Grenfell had feck all to do with Johnson it was built under Wilsons Labour rule in '74 and the kindling like cladding was installed under Blairs government and secondly most of the facts and figures as at best misleading and if not totally inaccurate. Greatest death toll in Europe? Not by deaths per million it isn't, highest death rate in the world? Simply not true.
Plenty of bona fide sticks to beat the government with but Harve manages to pick a really hysterical and inaccurate piece from his go to fake news heavily biased political echo group. What a load of wank.

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:28 am

POI wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Can't stay in lock-down forever while we wait for a vaccine, Harve. We may never get a vaccine, a la SARS. We have to get the country moving. Italy, France and Spain 'seem' to be coming out of the lock down with little or no problems  although, like this country, how much is actually reported is open to question.

I'm not defending Johnson and co, but I'm sure whoever was in charge during this pandemic, they would have got things right, and wrong, just as the Tories have.

i agree with that. however my version of getting the country moving till a vaccine is found if ever is getting people back into their jobs and students back into their schools/colleges/uni's etc first and foremost in a safe and practical way that still gives them protection. Then you can bring in have 6 people in your garden, go visit the seaside and have bbq's galore as that doesnt get the country moving at all but promote peoples desires to break curfews. To me thats how the country can work through this and get back on track quicker than bringing in the relaxed social distancing first and encourage beaches and the countryside to be flooded with people and run the risk of infecting more people which results in us going back to full lockdown.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 am

I read this morning that we will soon be able to holiday in Portugal after the government announced they are going to build some air bridges. I guess the scientists have found some way to weave air into some kind of solid structure that is virus resistant?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 3:40 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Any old scroat can cut and paste anti- government bollox, why don’t you post some original thinking, better still while your organising your vote of no confidence can you also provide an insight to your proposed alternative government?
The reason we’ve got a Tory government is due to the incompetence of Labour “leaders” for years, imagine a front bench of Corbyn, Abbot, Thornberry, Watson, McDonnell Et all, now that’s scarier than the current Tory front bench.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 7:00 pm

the R rated has risen in the south west.....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 9:53 pm

It's like August in Tavistock, girl in the veg shop said she's served french and Spanish people (they may be nurses at Derriford but she hasn't seen them before and loads of people asking directions to the town and shops. I can't believe they are all day trippers but if they are there's too many, way too many. It's wierd I'm not allowed to buy a pair of jeans because it's too dangerous but people can take a day trip from a thousand mile radius. We will get hammered now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's like August in Tavistock, girl in the veg shop said she's served french and Spanish people (they may be nurses at Derriford but she hasn't seen them before and loads of people asking directions to the town and shops. I can't believe they are all day trippers but if they are there's too many, way too many. It's wierd I'm not allowed to buy a pair of jeans because it's too dangerous but people can take a day trip from a thousand mile radius. We will get hammered now.

That bumbling fool johnson should have stated very clearly you can travel for day trips but no where longer than an hour from your home. Allowng umlimited travel has caused all these idiots travelling long distances to go to beach or countryside so its no wonder the r rate has risen and rising.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 12:06 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you’re right. If the government presses on with the 14 day quarantine plan for passengers from any incoming foreign flights, then that means trips abroad off the table, and millions of UK vacationers looking for options at home.

Devon and Cornwall could get swamped.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 6:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think you’re right. If the government presses on with the 14 day quarantine plan for passengers from any incoming foreign flights, then that means trips abroad off the table, and millions of UK vacationers looking for options at home.

Tuesday afternoon went down fishing over Bovisand. Whilst it was indeed a lovely day no wind I have never in 50 years of memory over there seen so many people bunched together simply everywhere. Kids toddlers adults the lot.
Even in high season on a Bank Holiday in August I have never seen so many.

Social distancing what the hells that. Shocking and little surprise the R rate is up. Still the twat (supposedly) in charge doesnt really care.

After last week PMQs he is going to get absolutely slaughtered (again) by Starmer next Wednesday with the opening question "last week PM you told us trace and trace was up and running successfully........now we're told September/October.....(pregnant pause)......Why ??

I can see Rabb standing in Boris simply knows its coming...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

In France they still have their 100km travel radius and cops are at every major roundabout pulling people over and asking them where they are going.
Here you are meant to not stay away from home yet Airbnb for instance blocked calendars until the end of May but they are now open to book as long as hosts follow the rules? Basically unless you are letting to key workers you shouldn't be letting at all but you combine selfish cnuts wanting to travel and selfish cnuts willing to host them. We've blocked our let until the end of June and will review it in a couple of weeks but it makes you wonder why you bother?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 11:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
In France they still have their 100km travel radius and cops are at every major roundabout pulling people over and asking them where they are going.
Here you are meant to not stay away from home yet Airbnb for instance blocked calendars until the end of May but they are now open to book as long as hosts follow the rules? Basically unless you are letting to key workers you shouldn't be letting at all but you combine selfish cnuts wanting to travel and selfish cnuts willing to host them. We've blocked our let until the end of June and will review it in a couple of weeks but it makes you wonder why you bother?

The hotel industry in general will be as bad as public transport in terms of a breeding ground. Things as simple as a maid going from room to room to room to room. Unless she’s using a new pair of disposable gloves every time she enters a new room ( and lets face it, that ain’t gonna happen consistently ) then she potentially turns into a super spreader.

Must be a nightmare for people like yourself Ears, cos obviously you’re losing prime time letting revenue, but opening up raises your own personal risk of exposure dunnit.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Tuesday afternoon went down fishing over Bovisand. Whilst it was indeed a lovely day no wind I have never in 50 years of memory over there seen so many people bunched together simply everywhere. Kids toddlers adults the lot.
Even in high season on a Bank Holiday in August I have never seen so many.

Social distancing what the hells that. Shocking and little surprise the R rate is up. Still the twat (supposedly) in charge doesnt really care.

After last week PMQs he is going to get absolutely slaughtered (again) by Starmer next Wednesday with the opening question "last week PM you told us trace and trace was up and running successfully........now we're told September/October.....(pregnant pause)......Why ??

I can see Rabb standing in Boris simply knows its coming...

How do you get 50 years of memory into a stated age of 29.....please tell me how it's done.... raised eyebrow .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next