Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Melbury

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:03 am

Good Post

Last edited by Lord Melbury on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:22 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Just heard on the news that Virgin Atlantic will fold unless they get a bailout. Obviously his own billions are tied up. He should get told to fook off and suffer like the rest of us. lol!

Except that Branson isn't going to suffer.  It will be the virgin workforce, the workers in other companies that depend on Virgin for business and the customers who fly in the planes.  All those "downstairs" people.

Guess what Ricks? I do realise that its the staff that will suffer, my point was why doesn't Branson use his (upstairs) billions to ease the suffering of the workers instead of us British taxpayers?
The only reason you are arguing this point is because of me raising the point, in your eagerness to argue everything that I say you are making yourself look like a twat again.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:43 am

They were showing the braindead protesters on the news last night and one American woman stated she will not get covid-19 because she lives in a sunny place and her immune system would see her through, unbelievable.

Stop the world I want to get off now.

I can see protests on the lockdown measures starting here sometime in the future. They have been rioting in France over her lockdown.

Anyway, I have recorded a shedload of stuff to watch and will now crack on with that.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Ok we have had 25 pages on here and 16 on Mayflower about covid 19. Lots of claims, questions and articles have been posted but one of the most important ones hasn’t.

How are you all coping and are you well?

Personally I am fine with no symptoms at all. I have been a bit snuffly but I think that is more to do with hayfever. My family are all well but I have to admit that we have to spend some time apart to stop us killing each other! I tend to sit outside in my car for a while to clear my head. We are lucky to live in a 3 bed house with a garden and we need time apart so I hate to think what it is like for those in a flat.

As I said I hope you are all well and try to appreciate what you have even if you want to kill them! Very Happy

I am not coping with this very well at all now. I was ok at the start but, it is getting to me a tad. I live in a small flat and I am starting to go stir crazy, on top of that I have a stinking cold too.

I do feel for you mate. All you can do is look at the bigger picture and try not to watch the news. Hope it is just a cold although maybe you should phone the Covid hotline to check your symptoms? I would love to have a test as myself and several people I know had an awful cold in November/December personally I haven't been so I'll since I had Hong Kong Flu in the early eighties. I also caught it from my brother in law who works in Derriford.
Have you got people who can do your shopping for you? If not there are plenty of people in every community who will help if you reach out to them and in the meantime just bash the box sets and look after yourself and obviously get well soon mate.

Cheers.

I feel ok now. Having said that, I do suffer from hayfever and that will kick in from around now. Don't get it as bad as I did when I was younger but, I was living in a rural setting back then. Lived in a large city since those days and the hayfever does not hit so hard but, if you were to put me into a rural setting now, I can safely say that within a couple of hours I would be a mess, literally.

My stir craziness is due to no football to talk about, not being able to plod around town buying stuff I actually need - clothes, electrical stuff etc-etc, not being able to nip down to the pub when you want and not visiting mates for a chat and laugh.

I have got some WWI models to build, which I have been putting off for eons now, it would be a good time to get that up and running for awhile.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 12:12 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
They were showing the braindead protesters on the news last night and one American woman stated she will not get covid-19 because she lives in a sunny place and her immune system would see her through, unbelievable.

I can see protests on the lockdown measures starting here sometime in the future. They have been rioting in France over her lockdown.

Anyway, I have recorded a shedload of stuff to watch and will now crack on with that.

Take it easy Village and make sure you keep on sharing your pain
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

I saw online that protesters in the USA are saying that their freedom to catch the Coronavirus is being denied!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I’ve Just done 4 hours gardening. Thats my pain! Sulk

I fecking hate gardening!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Graiser wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I’ve Just done 4 hours gardening. Thats my pain! Sulk

I fecking hate gardening!

I’ve got a wife who loves it, ain’t life grand!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm

I have been furloughed since 30th March however my brother is self emplolyed sparky and is re-wiring an empty old house in Pennycross Park avenue so I have been getting some work that way pulling old cables out, running new cables in lifting and cutting old floorboards, taking off old fittings, putting in new light fittings, plug sockets and switches. Really interesting pulling out old reels of black and brown cable what probably got put in 1930's era, stuff under the floorboards newspapers from the 1950,s and other memorabilia. Great and interseting way to pass the time and earn an extra bob or 2.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Picked up a couple of essential jobs now, well essential to me! with no prospect of any govenment dosh until sometime in june at the earliest, i'm taking on every paying job that comes my way even the shit ones. sunny
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Painting the house when I get home and doing the garden.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Just heard on the news that Virgin Atlantic will fold unless they get a bailout. Obviously his own billions are tied up. He should get told to fook off and suffer like the rest of us. lol!

Except that Branson isn't going to suffer.  It will be the virgin workforce, the workers in other companies that depend on Virgin for business and the customers who fly in the planes.  All those "downstairs" people.

Guess what Ricks? I do realise that its the staff that will suffer, my point was why doesn't Branson use his (upstairs) billions to ease the suffering of the workers instead of us British taxpayers?
The only reason you are arguing this point is because of me raising the point, in your eagerness to argue everything that I say you are making yourself look like a twat again.

I think the really twattish thing is not knowing you answered your own question.

See in bold above.

I do have one question for everyone else... When did Richard Branson go from being British National Hero [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to being the Anti-Christ?
...and why?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Suing the NHS because he did not get a contract?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Getting a massive pay off for losing the rail franchise?

Or as Capitalists call it taking money from the state and putting it in your pocket, probably us tax payers are jealous of his wealth, a lot of which we gave him of course.

Now his Airline is fooked and guess who he expects to pay to keep it going?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think the really twattish thing is not knowing you answered your own question.

See in bold above.

I do have one question for everyone else...  When did Richard Branson go from being British National Hero [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to being the Anti-Christ?  
...and why?

In the nineties I had to sell some of my own assets, which were slap tied up until I sold them, to bail out my own business because I didn't get paid by some stubby bashers. Why couldn't Branson do the same? Loads of us are getting feck all help yet we have payed tax which will go to bail out the company owned by a billionaire. Why do you defend these twats? Of course you aren't a uk tax payer so why would you care it ain't your money is it?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I have been furloughed since 30th March however my brother is self emplolyed sparky and is re-wiring an empty old house in Pennycross Park avenue so I have been getting some work that way pulling old cables out, running new cables in lifting and cutting old floorboards, taking off old fittings, putting in new light fittings, plug sockets and switches. Really interesting pulling out old reels of black and brown cable what probably got put in 1930's era, stuff under the floorboards newspapers from the 1950,s and other memorabilia. Great and interseting way to pass the time and earn an extra bob or 2.

As a sparky I used to love finding old stuff like that. Old bakelite light switches, sockets etc. I once re wired a house that had lead covered cable. Still got some of the stuff in my shed.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

See in bold above.

I do have one question for everyone else...  When did Richard Branson go from being British National Hero [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to being the Anti-Christ?  
...and why?

In the nineties I had to sell some of my own assets, which were slap tied up until I sold them, to bail out my own business because I didn't get paid by some stubby bashers. Why couldn't Branson do the same? Loads of us are getting feck all help yet we have payed tax which will go to bail out the company owned by a billionaire. Why do you defend these twats? Of course you aren't a uk tax payer so why would you care it ain't your money is it?

I haven't "defended" Branson at all.  You're hallucinating again.  You see things that aren't there.  You need to get rid of the chip on your shoulder and rein in your bias.  

...and thank you Seadog.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 am

I see our token yank has invaded this thread and started his feuding again with his latest target

Out of interest no one batted an eyelid earlier this month when Stelios managed to carbetbag a £600 million loan for Easyjet at the taxpayers expense. His excuse was identical to Bransons. Like Branson Stelios could have afforded the bail out personally
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 am

Jesus wept
Times today reporting that the real death figures in the UK are already over 41,000. See I didnt even mention him

Just mind boggling the incompetance
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 6:36 am

seadog wrote:
Suing the NHS because he did not get a contract?    

Getting a massive pay off for losing the rail franchise?

Or as Capitalists call it taking money from the state and putting it in your pocket, probably us tax payers are jealous of his wealth, a lot of which we gave him of course.

Now his Airline is fooked and guess who he expects to pay to keep it going?

Socialism is fine for the mega rich ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 8:29 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

See in bold above.

...and why?

Just to point out that I don’t have a political bias at all, I lost that around 2007/8 with the labour government, however didn’t I hear Branson say on TV that he would put up Necker Island as security against a potential government loan ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:14 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

See in bold above.

...and why?

Just to point out that I don’t have a political bias at all, I lost that around 2007/8 with the labour government, however didn’t I hear Branson say on TV that he would put up Necker Island as security against a potential government loan ?

he did.

however as he lives there solely to avoid paying taxes to any nation why should those nations bale him out when he can fund it himself.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 10:50 am

Just sell the blighter, move back to the UK and pay yer tax like us real brits.

No get a loan, go bust anyway, default on the loan, like James Bent, offer the UK .000007 p in the pound and live on the island anyway, probably steal the pension fund too on yer way out the back door. That's why he lost the rail franchise because his partner would not pay the pension fund dues. The staff are still shafted.

These cnuts only worry about dying rich, the richer the better.

That is capitalism, private profit, public risk.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:25 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

See in bold above.

...and why?

I haven't "defended" Branson at all.  You're hallucinating again.  You see things that aren't there.  You need to get rid of the chip on your shoulder and rein in your bias.  

...and thank you Seadog.

Rubbish. I'm pissed off that my tax dollars are being used to fund not only Bransons staffs wages but millions like them when I'm getting fook all help myself. To then be asked to bail out his company is really too much. If that's a chip then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:37 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jesus wept
Times today reporting that the real death figures in the UK FROM CORONAVIRUS are already over 41,000. See I didnt even mention him

Just mind boggling the incompetance

Edited to show that it's the virus killing people not Bojo who has dissappeared from the face of the earth. The response from the government has made that figure higher than it would have been if we had acted quicker. An inquiry should be held when it's all over to find the true figure killed as a result of the government response.
As an aside it will be interesting to see whether NZ has taken the right approach or do you need to expose yourself at some time to the virus to stop it in the long run? NZ may not be able to open their borders for years in fear of the virus coming from elsewhere. The main job of our government was to slow the spread of the virus to stop the health service from crashing and so far they have achieved that. If you want a stick to beat the government with I would point to its totally incompetent handling of supplying PPE. I had my emergency dental appointment at one of the new hubs in Plymouth and they are only open at about a quarter capacity with PPE being the main problem they are facing.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 12:53 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I saw online that protesters in the USA are saying that their freedom to catch the Coronavirus is being denied!

While they stand there with guns in hand, looking all hard.

The yanks have got such a hang up about authority and its  powers. Gee, lockdowns are for the greater good, obviously the protestors don't see it like that then. There was a chappy over there who complained about the lockdowns awhile back, saying they were wrong and the virus was not that bad. Sadly for that chappy, he died of covid-19 not long after. Now if that does not send a clear message, then nothing will.

I see Alex Jones made an appearance, turning up in his clown tank. That bloke is a major threat to U.S national security.

Thankfully, not all Americans are like those that protest and many see the sense of lockdowns and what they are designed for.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next