Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:53 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Is 5 posts a land mark?

Yes you get an ATD t-shirt which must be worn at every game, whoever you're sat next to, and you also get to tell us your CO-OP/bananas/Post Office/medical ailments/things stuck in the bottom of your dustbin stories on this very thread cheers

Blimey GJ one of us posted the 48,000 post!

ps I sat at a freak meet and didnt see one on other users:)

Ah it's a new rule, brought in last week. When you hit 10 posts you have to wear ATD underpants and nothing else. Should make the fanfests slightly more interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Is 5 posts a land mark?

Yes you get an ATD t-shirt which must be worn at every game, whoever you're sat next to, and you also get to tell us your CO-OP/bananas/Post Office/medical ailments/things stuck in the bottom of your dustbin stories on this very thread cheers

Blimey GJ one of us posted the 48,000 post!

ps I sat at a freak meet and didnt see one on other users:)

Ah it's a new rule, brought in last week. When you hit 10 posts you have to wear ATD underpants and nothing else. Should make the fanfests slightly more interesting.

Oddball does that already:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Thinking...what does this little box at the bottom of the thread do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Now I know, much easier!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:07 pm

GOB wrote:
Thinking...what does this little box at the bottom of the thread do?

It's a portal to League 1 cheers
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Smart Alec's   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 am

Not sure where to put this, but these are two comments addressed to me at various times (see Avatar) Once owned a Reliant Robin, was struggling out when a passing schoolboy said to his pal, Oh look Fatman and Robin. changed the car the next week. Had gone to Plymbridge Woods to see the Falcons, decided to sit a bit on a little wall for a rest. A troop of Scouts passed, the leader remarked, whatever you do dont fall off, be a hell of a job to get all the King's horses and men up here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:07 am

People can be cruel.

And stupid.

I told an acquaintance of the operation I am waiting for. Her immediate response was, "Oh that can be a terrible operation and it can often go badly wrong. It's really risky. Oh dear! You must go private."

Never over-estimate the Great British public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Yesterday went well. I bought my wiper blades and fitted them. I bought my tomato plants and installed them in the windowbox. I bought my bananas and ate the regulation two. And I did loads of other stuff.

Today's turned out similarly busy yet mundane. And I might just have cauliflower cheese for tea.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Glad you got your blades; if you don't you might get caught short. I'm sure this is mundane for many, but what variety of marts did you get; and did you get some basil to go with them.
I feel I should also say that today I had to visit someone, when I arrived at 2pm she was already drunk. I feel that that is mundane. Can I have a mundane brownie point for going to hospital on Monday? I'd hate to get excitable.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry got excitable, Dubbya pig is growing well; more than 35kg now. A pig is for Xmas not for life.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Gave the decking an oiling this afternoon, while it was cloudy.

Turns out the evening has been quite magnificant, sunny, and crying out for a beer (sat on the decking). Which I can't. Because I oiled it this afternoon. Crying or Very sad

Still, the cat showed no such qualms, as it sauntered across it at about 5.30pm Mad
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Behaviour of felines. This time of year, ours play dead (without the smell).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Turns out the evening has been quite magnificant, sunny, and crying out for a beer (sat on the decking). Which I can't. Because I oiled it this afternoon. Crying or Very sad

Still, the cat showed no such qualms, as it sauntered across it at about 5.30pm Mad

I feckin hate cats. Cocky little feckin over grown rats. They do stuff like that on purpose then look at you through slitty eyes as if to say "Yeah, what the feck are you going to do about it?"

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I feckin hate cats. Cocky little feckin over grown rats. They do stuff like that on purpose then look at you through slitty eyes as if to say "Yeah, what the feck are you going to do about it?"

You're right Jock, I'm sure the little shit was sat there watching me oil the f*cking deck. He knew what he was doing all right.

If he'd been within swinging distance, I'd have launched the little f*cker right over next doors bush hedge...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't like dogs either really, but a lot more than I do cats. Don't like any pets in fact, except tropical fish and even then I don't collect them myself, just like looking at them in the Chinese.

Thinking about it I hate rats, snakes, most birs, especially black ones because they're creepy, oh and urban pigeons and feckin seagulls.

Don'y mind horses, especially if they win me money, which they have been doing this week, oh and a few greyhounds so they're sort of ok but ugly as feck, but today I lost a fair bit of cash until I backed a horse in some egg and spoon race in Ireland, so am still quite nicely in profit this week.

Don't like most sort of jungley animals except monkeys and their like, you know baboons and chimps, but not gorillas, they're bleddy scary, actually most monkey type creatures are pretty scary and could have your eye out in a flash so I'll put all monkey/ape/orangutan/gorilla things in the don't like pot as well.

Don't like most sea creatures, except the aforementioned tropical fish, but even they are probably dangerous when they're not in fishtanks. Scared of sharks and whales and dolphins because they are pretty much gay sharks, don't like seals or sea lions or walruses either so I'll pretty much put all sea thingy's in the don't like pot as well.

Don't like any farmyard animals, sorry Hippo but pigs are scary, so are cows and bulls, sheep are just stupid but lambs probably couldn't hurt you, don't like chickens, geese or ducks, oh and especially don't like swans, they're evil fuckers on the sly.

All creepy crawly things like spiders, stick insects etc I don't like. Anyone who keeps a tarantula as a pet is usually a bit mental, same with snakes and rats and lizards. Usually goths or into thrash metal and just haven't got any friends except other weirdo's who collect potentially lethal animals as pets.

Don't really like any Australian type animals. Kangaroos are vicious, did you see The Mighty Boosh when Howard had to box one? Koala's are a bit cute looking, but apparently you can get syphillis or something similar off them, oh and I think I heard they have fingerprints like humans so could be carrying out loads of crime that goes unsolved. Emu's are ugly and evil, crocodiles and alligators, well they go without saying, camels spit at you, so llamas and alpacas probably do as well.

Polar bears look cool but can be, and are deadly. Same with elephants and hippos and rhino's, except rhino's are not really cool and look very dinosaurish, giraffes are neither here nor there but I reckon they're harmless.

I think that's about it. I'm feckin glad God chose Noah and not me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

When's your book on the wonders of the animal kingdom coming out, Jock?

Hippo: I just got the three. One red cherry, one yellow cherry and one big red (sorry - I've already thrown away the little tags which tell you exactly which breed they are). The basil comes later, once they've started fruiting.

Last year, I was still picking my own tomatoes in October.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I don't like dogs either really, but a lot more than I do cats. Don't like any pets in fact, except tropical fish and even then I don't collect them myself, just like looking at them in the Chinese.

Thinking about it I hate rats, snakes, most birs, especially black ones because they're creepy, oh and urban pigeons and feckin seagulls.

Don'y mind horses, especially if they win me money, which they have been doing this week, oh and a few greyhounds so they're sort of ok but ugly as feck, but today I lost a fair bit of cash until I backed a horse in some egg and spoon race in Ireland, so am still quite nicely in profit this week.

Don't like most sort of jungley animals except monkeys and their like, you know baboons and chimps, but not gorillas, they're bleddy scary, actually most monkey type creatures are pretty scary and could have your eye out in a flash so I'll put all monkey/ape/orangutan/gorilla things in the don't like pot as well.

Don't like most sea creatures, except the aforementioned tropical fish, but even they are probably dangerous when they're not in fishtanks. Scared of sharks and whales and dolphins because they are pretty much gay sharks, don't like seals or sea lions or walruses either so I'll pretty much put all sea thingy's in the don't like pot as well.

Don't like any farmyard animals, sorry Hippo but pigs are scary, so are cows and bulls, sheep are just stupid but lambs probably couldn't hurt you, don't like chickens, geese or ducks, oh and especially don't like swans, they're evil fuckers on the sly.

All creepy crawly things like spiders, stick insects etc I don't like. Anyone who keeps a tarantula as a pet is usually a bit mental, same with snakes and rats and lizards. Usually goths or into thrash metal and just haven't got any friends except other weirdo's who collect potentially lethal animals as pets.

Don't really like any Australian type animals. Kangaroos are vicious, did you see The Mighty Boosh when Howard had to box one? Koala's are a bit cute looking, but apparently you can get syphillis or something similar off them, oh and I think I heard they have fingerprints like humans so could be carrying out loads of crime that goes unsolved. Emu's are ugly and evil, crocodiles and alligators, well they go without saying, camels spit at you, so llamas and alpacas probably do as well.

Polar bears look cool but can be, and are deadly. Same with elephants and hippos and rhino's, except rhino's are not really cool and look very dinosaurish, giraffes are neither here nor there but I reckon they're harmless.

I think that's about it. I'm feckin glad God chose Noah and not me!

What about Penguins?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Oh and squirrels. Everyone goes on about cute little squirrels ffs. They are basically rats that live in trees with big bushy tails.

Foxes are sort of cats that do look a bit cool but a couple of them could be dangerous I reckon. I could definitely take one on it's own no problem, but 2 or 3 could be iffy.

Now ferrets and polecats do look cute but they are a bit rat like. My dad used to keep ferrets and they stink. He would let them go inside his shirt and down his trousers years before Richard Gere got done for doing the same thing with hamsters.

They only bite when they're scared? Hmmmm not true. My dad and his mate used to go catching rabbits with a couple of ferrets and a Jack Russell and I'm sure the ferrets weren't afraid of the rabbits. I got bit by one of my dad's ferrets when I was about 8 or 9 and my finger bled like feck. They're teeth are like needles.

They're was ferret racing at the Steam Engine rally we went to last weekend which was kind of cute, but the keeper guys were a bit weird and smelly and made sure when they came out of the tubes at the end of the races, they grabbed hold of them for safety.

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Ferret10

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Ferret11

See what I mean?

Penguins are ok I guess, but not if they have an egg between their feet. They can leave that at the front door when they come over.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 pm

To place on record, I think hippos are ace.

Even ones who've just been shat on by a bird...

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Hippo_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Aw hippos do look a bit cute, BUT, they are dangerous as feck. FACT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Steam Engines from the rally last week.

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Steam_10

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Steam_12

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Lice? Fleas? Haggis? Tape-worms? They're my favourites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm warming to Tiger's as I backed him at 14-1 and he's just gone joint leader with a birdie. See what I did there? 2 animals in 1 and neither of them are real animals, well not in my post they're not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:30 am

I have nothing mundane to report for the foreseeable future, as my elderly mum is moving house.

I will, however, endeavour to continue the two bananas a day diet, to tend my tomato plants, and to go to the Co-op and/or the post office as necessary.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 am

Forgot to post Daughters Anniversary card, it wont go till Wednesday now, I am in disgrace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next