Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
seadog
pepsipete
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty
PostSubject: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:07 pm

They've been replacing our gas mains round here. We've had loads of diggers and stuff, and there was a road cleaning machine trundling up and down my street last week.

It said 'Grim Sweeper' on the front.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 pm

They seem to have been digging up the whole of Plymouth during the past twelve months. Got lost following the diversion signs and ended up in Swilly! sorry North Prospect. Talking of which they are really getting a move on rebuilding it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I've been ill in bed a lot of today.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 am

Just had a wee bit of ice cream, Connoisseur brand, apparently,
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 am

Iv'e gotta go to the post office, and its raining
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:53 am

I had noodles fer dinner. They were ok.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

I've also had noodles for dinner, foreign ones from the Tesco world foods section. Much better than pot noodle.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I've just used the last drops of milk in my coffee.

I guess I'll have to buy some more later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Up for an hour or so. Going back to bed now.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Back from the post office, home and dry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Get well soon, Funny Man.

I've been sleeping a lot the last few days. Didn't wake up til quarter to eight this morning. Lovely Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Busy day tomorrow. Got to pick up two books from the library AND buy milk and (of course) bananas.

Managed to resist the temptation to have a nap this afternoon, but with so much to do I might need one tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Have one if you feel like it. I nap every aftrernoon. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 pm

I've been tired today, a change of shift always does that. Still at least I got much of the Christmas shopping done at the weekend.

Steak and kidney pie for tea but it's taking ages, I think the cooker is up the spout.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Bought some milk on the way home from work.

1 litre 3.5% fat, 57 cents.

Also stopped off in the Christmas market for a couple of mulled wines (€2 per small mug).
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm

This year I've grown my privet hedge to a required height so that the neighbours couldn't see my 'home display' on November 5th.

I wouldn't mind, but year on year there are more and more of them at their window, watching my display.

After a discussion with the children, we all decided they were taking the piss. So we went to Morrisons and bought the crapest firework pack we could find. You know, the ones that don't leave the ground, and says on the side of it "emits a shower of sparks".

And boy oh boy they really were shit.

Best Bonfire night ever.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

I had my shopping delivery from Sainsburys this evening, lazy bastard I here you cry, well myself and the Mrs both work full time and with the price of fuel the way it is the £3.50 delivery charge is money well spent as far as we are concerned.
Anyway 2 x Granary Farmhouse Sliced 800g and Sainsburys 1/4 pounder beef burgers 4s 454g were unavailable, we were not charged.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:10 am

Have mine delivered by St Budeaux Co oP for nothing, but you have to go and pick it out yourself, If something is unavailable you can pick your own substitute.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 am

Anyone else like me, I have a chipped cup, a chipped plate and a knife with no handle which I use all the time to save breaking a good one. Consequently I eat all my meals with a chipped cup and plate and a knife with no handle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 am

Today I woke up at 0603 hours.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:36 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Is that early or late? would be doing quite well if I could sleep till then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 am

pepsipete wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Is that early or late? would be doing quite well if I could sleep till then.

It is as late as I am allowed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 am

Today I woke at 8:00 and again at 10:20
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 am

Lucky you Sleep
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:26 am

One of our dogs has done something to his front legs. He didn't greet me this morning with his normal jumping up and down. So we went out for a walk, and being a boy doggy, he cocked his leg on the first available lamp post and promptly collapsed.

It was really quite funny. I swear our other dog was laughing in a 'Muttley' sort of way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next