The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The antonym of Mundane

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The antonym of Mundane  Empty
PostSubject: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 am

I was going to post this in the mundane thread, but then realised it's actually rather exciting.

Apparently the Google Street View camera car is making its first appearance in Gib this week.

I'm getting dressed up in wet suit and snorkal gear to go chasing it like those fellas in Norway.

Anything else exciting happening in your worlds?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:36 am

Letting go the ropes at 1315, approx and setting sail all the way from Southampton to Poole Harbour! Might see a dolphin in Poole Bay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:35 am

I'm on google street map outside my office smoking a fag.

Excitement wise I have just bought a Mazda Bongo cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 am

greenjock wrote:

Sorry, mate. Needs to go in Peggy's thread. Definitely not exciting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am

Cerbera wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Sorry, mate. Needs to go in Peggy's thread. Definitely not exciting!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I lead a very mundane life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 pm

There is nothing remotely exciting about a Mazda Bongo, except the 4x4 bit. They are 4wd aren't they?

Incidentally, it's about 12 months ago that my avatar photo was taken. Drove from Devon to the Nurburgring in blizzard conditions and stayed at the Pistenklause (Sabine Scmitt's family's place) her that did the 'ring in a Transit van on Top Gear. They looked at us a bit oddly when we waltzed in.

T'was rather exciting getting home, 420hp on fat 'summer' tyres on ice. Perhaps a Bongo might have been a better option!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

greenjock wrote:
I'm on google street map outside my office smoking a fag.

On the Bongo theme, I came very close to buying a camper converted VW T5 not so long ago. Completely impractical for about 360 of my 365 days on offer, but pretty cool for the other 5. Got to be one of the very few times when my head actually ruled my heart!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Cerbera wrote:
There is nothing remotely exciting about a Mazda Bongo, except the 4x4 bit. They are 4wd aren't they?

Incidentally, it's about 12 months ago that my avatar photo was taken. Drove from Devon to the Nurburgring in blizzard conditions and stayed at the Pistenklause (Sabine Scmitt's family's place) her that did the 'ring in a Transit van on Top Gear. They looked at us a bit oddly when we waltzed in.

T'was rather exciting getting home, 420hp on fat 'summer' tyres on ice. Perhaps a Bongo might have been a better option!

Is the Nurburgring where Jim Clark was killed or was that the other one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:30 pm

It's a cool 2.5 TDI silver one with a rear camper conversion. Ideal for heading to the coast at weekends and holidays. British holidays cost more than going abroad these days, and now I'm a responsible family man it's perfect. Would love a VW camper but they're far too expensive for a half decent one.

My God this is on the wrong thread. Sleep
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

It's no good, this thread id TOO exciting, ffs try and calm down lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Google car update.

Despite sitting on my little terrace/patio thingy for most of the day, dressed in snorkal kit, I didn't see the Google car go by - if it went past whilst I was checking the milk situation I'll be devastated!!

Still, there's always tomorrow. There's not much in the way of roads here so it won't take long for the car to go round. I think tomorrow is my last chance.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm torn. This may be mundane, but given the Bongo discussion above it may actually be quite exciting. Tough call.

Anyway, I won a bake-off competition against some mates today with my apple and cinammon sponge. There were seven cake entries, ranging from cup cakes and muffins to full sponges. My friends who hosted the competition made a 'trophy' (when I saw trophy I mean a cup cake case sitting on tissue paper in a plastic box), which is now sitting on the mantlepiece.

It was in Bradford-on-Avon. I briefly thought about how greenjock might be missing the place, but then went back to feeling a bit sick from eating too much cake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Nick wrote:
I'm torn. This may be mundane, but given the Bongo discussion above it may actually be quite exciting. Tough call.

Anyway, I won a bake-off competition against some mates today with my apple and cinammon sponge. There were seven cake entries, ranging from cup cakes and muffins to full sponges. My friends who hosted the competition made a 'trophy' (when I saw trophy I mean a cup cake case sitting on tissue paper in a plastic box), which is now sitting on the mantlepiece.

It was in Bradford-on-Avon. I briefly thought about how greenjock might be missing the place, but then went back to feeling a bit sick from eating too much cake.

And I wasn't invited! You were probably afraid of my muffins
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 am

If there is a muffing competition on I would like to think I'd at least reach the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Made a dark chocolate bread and butter pudding this morning. Three layers of bread with chocolate shavings between each layer and sprinkled on top, then soaked in a light vanilla custard before going in the oven. Bon Appetit!

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 62)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:51 pm

I made a fool of myself on PASOTI apparently. Didn't even know I had the recipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 pm

avignon green wrote:
Made a dark chocolate bread and butter pudding this morning. Three layers of bread with chocolate shavings between each layer and sprinkled on top, then soaked in a light vanilla custard before going in the oven. Bon Appetit!

Ooooh! Can I have the recipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 pm

funny man wrote:
avignon green wrote:

Ooooh! Can I have the recipe.

Of course, no problem. Will type it up when I get a chance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:45 am

As requested by funny man

Dark Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding

Ingredients

9 Slices of white bread
150g Dark chocolate buttons or more if you are a real chocolate fiend(alternatively break a bar into small pieces)
2 eggs
350ml Milk (semi skimmed or full fat)
150 ml Double cream (go for single if you are worried about cholesterol)
40g Plain white sugar
100g (approx) Butter – soft enough to spread
One vanilla stick or alternatively essence or flavouring (this is optional)

Method

1 Put the milk, cream and vanilla into a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil then remove immediately from the heat. Watch it like a hawk! I've wasted too much of my life scrapping burnt boiled over milk off stove tops. Milk goes from simmering away nicely to “OH MY GOD IT'S GONE EVEYWHERE!” in the blink of an eye.

2 Whilst the milk is heating up whisk the eggs together with the sugar until a slightly pale yellow colour. About 1 minute with an electric whisk should do it.

3 Once your egg mixture and hot milk/cream are both ready add the milk/cream to the egg mixture a little at a time whilst continuing to whisk gently (probably better to use a good old fashioned hand whisk for this). You want to add it slowly so the temperature of the eggs increases gradually, otherwise they will turn to scrambled eggs. When finished set the custard mixture aside.

4 Butter the slices of bread either liberally or thinly depending on your heart, then use any excess butter to grease your oven dish. Trim the crusts off the bread and then place the first layer into the bottom of the oven dish. (cut the bread into halves in necessary to fit your dish). Pour just under a third of the the custard mixture over the layer of bread then sprinkle a third of the chocolate over the layer. Add a second layer a bread follow by the custard and chocolate. For the final layer add the bread then chocolate followed by the remainder of the custard, press the bread down if it is not well submerged already.

5 Cook for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 170C then for a further 25 minutes at 180C. When ready it should have raised in the middle and be browned all over. Cooking times are estimated as they can vary depending on your dish/oven. Don't panic it is normal for it to sink back down as it cools. Serve with either custard, ice cream, cream or my personal favourite some chilled crème Anglaise.

Bon app and good luck!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 am

Greenskin wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Not sure to be honest, it WAS where Nicky Lauda lost his ears though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 am

GibGreen wrote:
Google car update.

Despite sitting on my little terrace/patio thingy for most of the day, dressed in snorkal kit, I didn't see the Google car go by - if it went past whilst I was checking the milk situation I'll be devastated!!

Still, there's always tomorrow. There's not much in the way of roads here so it won't take long for the car to go round. I think tomorrow is my last chance.

Google Bloke driving van - Hey Steve, wanna go down that road now?

Steve (holding camera) - nah, there's some bloke down there in a gimp suit wearing a green and white scarf and holding what looks like a bottle of milk. Looks well dodgy to me. Something not right at all.

Google Bloke - yeah too right, let's head back to where they shot that IRA bird.

Steve - Yeah, sound. Don't think they miss that one street. Be a bloody nightmare to edit out any weird sex games with apes or summat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 am

Greenskin wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Jim Clark died in the woods at Hockenheim during a GP2 race I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:09 am

Apparently, the Google car never came.

I'm distraught and have wasted two days sat waiting.

Probably got held up at the Frontier by those pesky Spaniards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 am

Is this the right place to announce that I drive a Nissan Micra? And that I find it very good? So good that it's actually my second Nissan Micra?

(Mods - please move if this is the wrong place.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:16 am

Peggy wrote:
Is this the right place to announce that I drive a Nissan Micra? And that I find it very good? So good that it's actually my second Nissan Micra?

(Mods - please move if this is the wrong place.)

Depends if it's the Cabrio version or not.

In Pink.

Now that would be exciting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The antonym of Mundane     The antonym of Mundane  Empty

Back to top Go down

The antonym of Mundane
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next