Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Been doing some paid work the last couple of days. One of the people I've been working with really reminded me of somebody, but I couldn't think who it was until today, when I told him. Turns out they used to work together and one of them obviously taught the other one everything he knows.

Now to work out which one was which.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks to the weather not being good enough to spend the morning up the park, I now know nearly all the words to the Bob the Builder song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:07 am

After two bottles of cgardonnay I feel great!!!!!

Hic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:55 am

Cerbera wrote:
After two bottles of cgardonnay I feel great!!!!!

Hic

Where is that grape from. Sounds Hungarian.

Czech beer, South African wine & Scottish whisky for me. A version of a multi-cultural evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:44 am

See? That was posting from my phone. Fingers and thumbs not talking to brain!

It was a particularly nasty Australian Chardonnay - Hardy's VR

As the wife said, you had to drink it to get rid of it.

Still, no driving for me this morning = no hair cut until next week! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Pretty mundane day all round. Went to the pub, talked to a few people, went to a football match, went to another pub, talked to a few more people.

Still there's always the latest BBC4 long Scandinavian crime drama to look forward to at 9pm. I've been over that bridge between Denmark and Sweden. Twice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Thursday - mushroom dhal with potatoes & spinach curry, with veggie daughter. Washed down with a bottle of German pinot grigio (surprisingly excellent) and some SA sauvignon blanc.

Yesterday - gurnard baked on mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Delicious. Washed down with the rest of the sauvignon. (Followed with an evening out & too much to drink .... hence sleeping through til 10:00 this morning).

Today - skinless chicken baked in foil with herbs, boiled pots, salad leaves. Good. Washed down with an American zinfandel.

My dietician will be pleased. I hope my stomach is.

On the other hand, food is not really mundane.

Fallen out with Mr Newell on pasoti. Now that is mundane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am

Will be assembling some flat-pack furniture today. It's apparently a 2-person job, but since it's just me and #1 son, I'll be wrestling with it single-handed. When those cunning Scandiwegians started the whole '2 person assembly flat-pack' thing I don't suppose they considered whether a 4-year-old boy would count as the second crew member.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Just eaten THE MOST AMAZING roast pork.

Lying on the sofa digesting.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Just browsing photos on the internet

and imagining a chubby finger repeatedly hitting the delete button Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

I was going to have cauliflower cheese for tea today (no broccoli). Then I remembered I'm doing paid work in the morning.

Cauliflower cheese for tea tomorrow, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Must be the day for it, Frank. I've got Pork cooking this evening. Slowly being roasted. There's plenty to go round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Can't get any bloody work done for registering new users on here!

Why's that then????

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Reading group this afternoon. I really loved the book we've just read, so I'm looking forward to it.

Currently reading Jon Ronson's The Psychopath Test. Very, very interesting.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm

How nice to get back to the mundane after all thats been going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Not only did we talk about the book, we also had a little quiz, which I won. The prize was a small bar of very nice posh chocolate, which might just replace the cauliflower cheese for my tea.

Seems to be a good week for ATDers winning things.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm rather pleased today, because it is only one week to go and the roadworks all down Outland Rd will be finished.

That's if they stick to their schedule on the sign "Work commences here on the 9/1/12, for 16 weeks".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Peggy wrote:
Not only did we talk about the book, we also had a little quiz, which I won. The prize was a small bar of very nice posh chocolate, which might just replace the cauliflower cheese for my tea.

Seems to be a good week for ATDers winning things.
I like Biographies myself.Just read about the Kray twins.They're from Bethnal Green same as Darren Purse....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Just started the "choccy" shopping for UK visit. Very Happy

Getting all the clothes sorted out - will it rain/be warm - snowboots!!?? santa Beer bought for No 2 son in Brizzle. bounce

Tickets booked, passports............bound to forget something. elephant Need a longer checklist than the Airbus A300....

List is endless!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 am

Today, I shall mostly be completing a VAT return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

pafcineurope wrote:

Getting all the clothes sorted out - will it rain/be warm - snowboots!!?? santa Beer bought for No 2 son in Brizzle. bounce

Tickets booked, passports............bound to forget something. elephant Need a longer checklist than the Airbus A300....

List is endless!!

Merv Plummer

Just the beer will be fine for me thanks merv
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 am

This morning I am mostly pondering why people tell lies when they must know it'll only be worse when the truth comes out.

And eating a banana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

My head hurts.

There is no way I could be an accountant.

Not only the quarterly VAT return, but the year end to sort out and couple that with missing records due to a couple of office break-ins over Christmas/New Year, I think I might have earned a beer tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

List is endless!!

Merv Plummer

Are Imigration aware? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 am

There's a humungous black crow outside. It's scaring all the nice little birds.

Got to go to the library later, and to Sainsburys. I hope it's gone by the time I venture outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next