Elias
Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:00 pm

No Kate Humble on spring watch, Bloody miffed now.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Now I have got over the excitement of the new pig, I feel calm enough to post here. He arrived last Wednesday and is called Dubbya. At the moment he is round about the 30kg mark, but as he gets more used to me I'll "weigh" him again (and every week till death). He's quite a refined looking pig with a lot of hair. At the moment, he is still a bit scared as he has lost his brothers and sister, however, he'll soon learn that I'm his chum as I feed him. Breakfast favorites at the moment are broad beans, spud, peas, kale and commercial pig feed ( the latter just for weaning purposes). In spite of his name, I'm sure he will escape at least once (to continue the tradition), and pee me right off as I try to get him back in his house whilst looking completely unlike anyone you'd see pig showing at a county show.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:00 pm

When I was a kid I used to inject Pig's insulin (not for fun, I'm one of the Freak meet diabetics) as its the closest to human insulin.

I also did some work in a large Pig abbatoir/ manufacturer in Suffolk- every part of a pig can be used (The Chinese was sent most of the weird bits for medicine) for food or other means.

Hippo- is your pig a pet?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Peggy wrote:
You've only forgotten to put the clean ones on.

Deliberately deleting bits of posts to destroy context is great fun.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Hello Chemical, Dubbya is for eating and definately not a pet. I'm not sure what it would be like working at a piggy processing place (only 1 summer at Interfish for me), but maybe educational. We do use most of the dead stock product (80% ish for meat the rest for dogs etc), but am always up for more information regarding putting a bigger percentage to good use.
I don't kill the pigs we have myself, and feel blessed to have a sympathetic and "gentle" killer in the village. It would take a lot of time and hands on experience to learn the skill and even then, even with my weight, I don't think I could hoist a piggy up ready for the deed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:53 pm

hippo wrote:
Hello Chemical, Dubbya is for eating and definately not a pet. I'm not sure what it would be like working at a piggy processing place (only 1 summer at Interfish for me), but maybe educational. We do use most of the dead stock product (80% ish for meat the rest for dogs etc), but am always up for more information regarding putting a bigger percentage to good use.
I don't kill the pigs we have myself, and feel blessed to have a sympathetic and "gentle" killer in the village. It would take a lot of time and hands on experience to learn the skill and even then, even with my weight, I don't think I could hoist a piggy up ready for the deed.

I really want a bacon sandwich now. pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:54 pm

By coincidence Hippo, I'm going into Interfish tonight to conduct some training.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:16 am

What I remember most from when I worked there was the smell, worked with smoked mackerel and kippers. My leather jacket stank for months after, even a long trip oop narth in the rain didn't help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Not really sure pig raising and fish training count as mundane, you know. Not sure at all.

I've run out of bananas. Got some other fruit though, so there's no need to panic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Peggy wrote:
Not really sure pig raising and fish training count as mundane, you know. Not sure at all.

I've run out of bananas. Got some other fruit though, so there's no need to panic.

I'm not sure this is what CA was doing - unless at the end of the session he'd managed to get assorted Pollock and Whiting to jump through hoops and balance footballs on their noses (do fish have noses?). If I'm wrong, then it's definitely not mundane.

Meanwhile, at Casa Symons, #1 son has come home loudly singing the national anthem, in preparation for his daycare centre's jubilee party on friday. His (resolutely republican) Father is not impressed. I may have to spend some time teaching him The Red Flag and The Internationale. And I'll be having words with his childminder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I'm not sure this is what CA was doing - unless at the end of the session he'd managed to get assorted Pollock and Whiting to jump through hoops and balance footballs on their noses (do fish have noses?). If I'm wrong, then it's definitely not mundane.

I'd envisaged something a little gentler and less physical. Latin, for instance. Or medieval history.

In other news, I've just established (not for the first time, but it's always worth checking) that rhubarb and custard is very difficult to eat slowly and reflectively. That's just one area where bananas have got the edge.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm

very good for crowd scenes though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Very true, oh wise one sunny
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Unfortunately none of the mackerel performed any tricks (as they were deep frozen a few weeks ago).

I had to contend with a Slovak, Lithuanian and Pole and teach them the magic art of cleaning food production premises and equipment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

Need to get new wiper blades for my motor today.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

going to the podiat --- foot bloke later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:29 am

I also need to get some bananas. And some tomato plants.

Busy day beckons, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:28 am

I need to get a new motor for my wipers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

tonycholwell wrote:

You and Peggy could do some business together. It could start something on here, a kind of Multi-Coloured Swap Shap. If it takes off I have a house key and need a house Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

You and Peggy could do some business together. It could start something on here, a kind of Multi-Coloured Swap Shap. If it takes off I have a house key and need a house Razz

GJ look out, mundanity is key here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Is 5 posts a land mark?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

I nominate pilgrim_pete for the Keith Chegwin role. Can I be Posh Paws?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

I nominate pilgrim_pete for the Keith Chegwin role. Can I be Posh Paws?

I could cope with John Craven, but Im not being Noel Edmonds:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:31 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Is 5 posts a land mark?

Yes you get an ATD t-shirt which must be worn at every game, whoever you're sat next to, and you also get to tell us your CO-OP/bananas/Post Office/medical ailments/things stuck in the bottom of your dustbin stories on this very thread cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Is 5 posts a land mark?

Yes you get an ATD t-shirt which must be worn at every game, whoever you're sat next to, and you also get to tell us your CO-OP/bananas/Post Office/medical ailments/things stuck in the bottom of your dustbin stories on this very thread cheers

Blimey GJ one of us posted the 48,000 post!

ps I sat at a freak meet and didnt see one on other users:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next