Mapperley, darling
Peggy
seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty
PostSubject: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Acupuncture and physio for me this afternoon. Some relief for my pain after the car journey and gig last night.

What bit of you is poorly bad, jocko?

Legs, back and neck. Pretty much can't walk without crutches now and probably wheelchair bound within a year or two.

Just the right condition for the Newell's to pick on. Even Postey might not need to have a pop anonymously then lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Bad shizz. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 pm

sorry mate, my girlfriend is like that, serious fukin diabetes is messing her joints and eyesight.
she suffers like hell sometimes, pissing social dont understand though.
GGGRRRRRR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 pm

ATOS - you know it makes sense!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm

ATOS carry out the medicals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

just took the dog (poppy mcdougall) for a walk, coffee and ginger nuts for brekkie.
avin it large bounce
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

At asders innit
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Did some work this morning. Going to do some more later.

Meanwhile, although I'm not as hungry as the other day, I seem to have developed a mild addiction to cottage cheese with various fruits. Again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Been shopping at a farmers market. Got some lovely fish for dinner, red mullet, lots of fruit and veg including the biggest jacket potatoes I've ever seen, and some cheese and cider bread!

Never had it before but it smells delicious so looking forward to that later. I couldn't resist a couple of cakes as well Embarassed

So much better than shopping in Tesco or Asders. Chatting to the stall holders and hearing where the fish was from, the sea apparently, how the bread was made etc. and where they were based.

It was good to see that the market was really busy too.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:59 pm

you gone middle class, jock? Very Happy

just put my beans and peas climbing frame up in the garden, and a feck off fence at the back to stop the feck off dogs coming through and eating my squirrels, theyre mine and im fattening them up for august eating!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:17 pm

How to make squirrel pasties

140g squirrel meat cut into 1cm cubes;

100g sliced potato; 100g sliced swede; 50g diced onion; 30g smoked bacon;

15g chopped hazelnuts; 75g butter;

5g chopped parsley; a good pinch of salt and pepper

Method

· Egg wash edges of pastry circles.

· Place the potato, swede, hazelnuts, parsley and seasoning on to each circle followed by the bacon, squirrel meat and, finally, the onion.

· Place butter in each pasty, then fold over the pastry and crimp the edges.

· Put the pasties on to a greaseproof baking tray, egg wash both pasties well, place in a pre-heated oven at 180C or gas mark 5.

· Bake for 45-50 minutes. The juices should start to boil and the pasties should be able to move on the tray with ease.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:39 pm

bob harris says... nice
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:00 pm

They didn't have squirrel at the farmers market I'm pleased to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

My youngest daughter still gives me grief about the final trigger that turned her into a vegetarian. It was about 8 years ago when I cooked two varieties of interesting sausages that I had bought at a farmers' market. I only told them what was in the sausages after they'd eaten them. I thought both ostrich and goat & apple were good choices.

I could never get them to eat rabbit stew even though we could have had a regular supply of wild rabbit.

Wimps.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Mrs PP has intimated that she wants to change the lounge - which means a complete redecoration.

Ivory and Honey Drizzle on the walls.

May be an update on the carpet later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mrs PP has intimated that she wants to change the lounge - which means a complete redecoration.

Ivory and Honey Drizzle on the walls.

May be an update on the carpet later.

Won't that be a bit sticky? Carpets are much harder to get clean.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:

How about Goat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:07 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

How about Goat?

Didn't see any. We weren't buying meat though so there may well have been.

I've had ostrich from an Indian takeaway, yeah right it's ostrich Razz , and I really liked it, and I've had curried goat at a music festival which was delicious.

I'd happily eat horse as well. Don't know why you wouldn't really, unless it was one you'd ridden for years and had formed a bit of an attachment?

If it tastes nice I wouldn't bother what was in food. The bush tucker trials on I'm a Celebrity wouldn't phase me at all. The popping a kangaroo testicle in yer teeth might make me raise an eyebrow though affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:14 pm

One for pepsi been down to see the Peregrines at Cann quarry today.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
One for pepsi been down to see the Peregrines at Cann quarry today.

Usually see Nuthatches in the woods on the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Spot on Pete I have seen one today amongst others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Just had a beautiful red snapper with orange and cranberry sauce. Never had it before and it's very nice piece of fish.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Got some kangaroo and moose steaks in the freezer ready for the bbq.Had them last year and they tasted great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Well I've had eight of my five a day today.

Meanwhile, I managed to get a new cafetiere thing after all. Sainsbury's had one for half price, making it just £6. Forgot to pay with nectar points innit though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 am

im eating honey nut shreddies in bed.....hardcore eh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next