Czarcasm
hippo
Sandford_Grecian
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lidl at Roborough. A supermarket that doesn't have hand baskets.

WTF is that all about then? scratch

I must say I'm not a lidl regular, but I'm pretty sure the Lidl at Transit Way had hand baskets the last time I was there.

Do they think that by not having hand baskets, you are going to get a trolley and therefore buy more of their awful crap?

I only went in for veg because someone said that theirs was better quality, and cheaper, than tesco.

On top of all that, it's bin day tomorrow, so a showdown awaits if they once again fail to take the bag in the bottom of my bin. Mad

Lidl's have never had hand baskets... you basket case Wink

Top quality goods at up to 50% the price at terrorsco or sainsbugs, you carry on being ripped off, after all your used to it at gargoyle, ha, ha, ha lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lidl at Roborough. A supermarket that doesn't have hand baskets.

WTF is that all about then? scratch

I must say I'm not a lidl regular, but I'm pretty sure the Lidl at Transit Way had hand baskets the last time I was there.

Do they think that by not having hand baskets, you are going to get a trolley and therefore buy more of their awful crap?

I only went in for veg because someone said that theirs was better quality, and cheaper, than tesco.

On top of all that, it's bin day tomorrow, so a showdown awaits if they once again fail to take the bag in the bottom of my bin. Mad

Lidl's have never had hand baskets... you basket case Wink

Top quality goods at up to 50% the price at terrorsco or sainsbugs, you carry on being ripped off, after all your used to it at gargoyle, ha, ha, ha lol!

I agree with you, Sandy. I do half my shopping in Lidl and have rarely been disappointed in price or quality.

It's a hard choice, though. Do I go for the nearby Tesco with that company's plans for world domination and the desecration of the small trader or do I go for Lidl with its questionable treatment of staff and anti-union policies? Hmmm. I am short of money so have limited options. Living where I do I have lots of roadside stalls selling local produce but they don't sell all that I need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm

There's always loads of hand baskets in Lidls up Wolseley Road innit.

Peggy's rules for shopping on a so-tight-it's-non-existent budget are as follows:

1. Avoid unnecessary car journeys: no point saving a few pence when petrol costs a bleddy fortune

2. Keep an eye on offers and reductions down the local Co-op(s) (and remember to use your divvy card)

3. When in the vicinity, get what you can at Lidl: very good for fruit and veg, cheap toiletries and cake

4. Get the rest at Sainsbury's, usually en route to or from somewhere else: much better for vegetarians than the other supermarkets, plus nectar points innit

Enough of this mundanity already, though. I'm building a website today.

Or I would be if the Virgin server wasn't having problems.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Peggy wrote:
There's always loads of hand baskets in Lidls up Wolseley Road innit.

Peggy's rules for shopping on a so-tight-it's-non-existent budget are as follows:

1. Avoid unnecessary car journeys: no point saving a few pence when petrol costs a bleddy fortune

2. Keep an eye on offers and reductions down the local Co-op(s) (and remember to use your divvy card)

3. When in the vicinity, get what you can at Lidl: very good for fruit and veg, cheap toiletries and cake

4. Get the rest at Sainsbury's, usually en route to or from somewhere else: much better for vegetarians than the other supermarkets, plus nectar points innit

Enough of this mundanity already, though. I'm building a website today.

Or I would be if the Virgin server wasn't having problems.

There's ya problem... no such thing in Plymouth lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 pm

I have a problem with Lidl here; maybe not applicable in the UK. When we first got here, the prices for fruit and veg were rather intolerable when compared to the minimum wage (other shops- Ecomarche etc). We looked forward to our local Lidl to open but after a few loss leaders everything has now gone to a pricing level of Sainsbury's. They have allowed us the joy of baskets (about 10 per shop) but only at our expense. In my opinion, (worth nothing) have care with Lidl, here the meat (when we had to buy it) did not take long to go off. You spend hard earned dosh there and get cheated at every opportunity (most likely the same for their staff), now we are very reluctant to use the store. Maybe it is the demographics here, I don't know but I have a rather large problem with that place. Sorry for the rant, and I must also add good luck with the bins tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

hippo wrote:
I have a problem with Lidl here; maybe not applicable in the UK. When we first got here, the prices for fruit and veg were rather intolerable when compared to the minimum wage (other shops- Ecomarche etc). We looked forward to our local Lidl to open but after a few loss leaders everything has now gone to a pricing level of Sainsbury's. They have allowed us the joy of baskets (about 10 per shop) but only at our expense. In my opinion, (worth nothing) have care with Lidl, here the meat (when we had to buy it) did not take long to go off. You spend hard earned dosh there and get cheated at every opportunity (most likely the same for their staff), now we are very reluctant to use the store. Maybe it is the demographics here, I don't know but I have a rather large problem with that place. Sorry for the rant, and I must also add good luck with the bins tomorrow.

Thanks. It was actually bin day today, and guess what?

They emptied my bin, lock stock and barrel. cheers Loaded it on the lorry and everything. I was so pleased I had to stop myself from standing by the gate to give them a round of applause. On reflection, this was probably a good decision.

By way of celebration, I went and bought one of those reciprocating saws.

Cutting and chopping is fun. Even when you're all grown up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am

Spent a couple of hours on my business accounts this morning. So far, I'm about £350 down.

Going out for the day in a bit. Might spend some money to cheer myself up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 pm

While I was out a frolicking, I remembered something I should have reported last week after I went into town.

I saw one of those living statue people. All painted bronze, he was, even his hair and face. Walking up the road carrying a Sainsbury's carrier bag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Peggy wrote:
While I was out a frolicking, I remembered something I should have reported last week after I went into town.

I saw one of those living statue people. All painted bronze, he was, even his hair and face. Walking up the road carrying a Sainsbury's carrier bag.

Not much of a statue then! I could do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 pm

I suppose living statues still have to get to work.

As do the people who drive snowploughs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Years ago, before most people had cars, I used to wonder how bus drivers used to get to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm

My eldest, having finished her college course has been unable to find a job, was sent on one of those training courses with a work placement. The course promised to obtain an interview for each of the young people. The placement ofered to my daughter had the three 'students' in. They were given a form to complete that took about a half hour and then sent them away. That was the last they heard. The training provider didn't want to know. Evil or Very Mad

What a load of tosh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:55 pm

This morning a load of workmen arrived to fill in a mahusive pothole round the corner. This also entailed resurfacing virtually the whole width of the road, and it all took several hours.

The four year old was in my charge, and showed a lot of interest in the progress of the work, stopping to watch on the way to and from the park and on the way to and from a visit to my mum. She didn't want to come home for her dinner, and I couldn't take her to nursery without some proper food inside her, so we packed up a little lunch in my Bob the Builder lunchbox* and she ate it on the pavement, still entranced by the little roller and the smell of hot tar. Thankfully, they couldn't hear her singing "Yes we can" in between bites of her cheese sandwich.

*I did used to work in construction, you know.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 am

listening to micheal jackson 'rock with you' - great track...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Had a load of errands to do over Plymstock way today. As it was such a lovely, sunny, mild morning, I packed up a little lunch and took my book with me, intending to go and sit up on Jennycliff once I'd done all the serious stuff. By the time I got there, it had clouded over.

In other news, I have to say it's a relief that men no longer have these
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

We don't?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 am

One of my drivers reversed into a lampost last night. Totally destroyed the passenger door on my Citroen C8.

Bad news - £180 from a breakers yard in Birmingham

Good news - £60 from a breakers yard in Brissle

Bad news - it's dark metalic blue and will need spraying silver.

Good news - At least the taxi will be back on the road, even if it has a blue door for a while.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 am

What happens to the driver?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 am

He's going to pay for it!

His carelessness and lack of observation.

Change of plan, going to Birmingham now to get a silver door. Local robbing paint sprayers wanted £180 to paint a door!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Had a few hours' paid work today - the first in exactly a month. When I'd finished (early of course) I walked down to Poundland and bought four rolls of masking tape.

Only cost £1.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Peggy wrote:
Had a few hours' paid work today - the first in exactly a month. When I'd finished (early of course) I walked down to Poundland and bought four rolls of masking tape.

Only cost £1.
That is really cheap ( not p taking). Must get PTFE tape next week. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:52 pm

It certainly is.

Mind you, I'm hoping the cheapness means it doesn't stick very well, because I don't want it to. If I wanted decent masking tape, I'd have gone to Homebase (nectar points innit).
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Peggy wrote:

Only cost £1.

This is a poignant tale for me. I often frequent DIY establishments such as Homebase, or B&Q.

Do you know, the exact same roll (singular) that you pay £3.98 for in B&Q, is available in many £ or 99p shops. Only difference is you get four, yes FOUR of them.

Only problem is that unless you've got a lot on in terms of DIY, by the time you get round to using them all, they're about as sticky as a sheet of A4.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 am

listening to brand new heavies - how do you think. great vocals from Nicole Russo..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:24 am

I've got a headache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next