Coxside_Green
Moist_Von_Lipwig
argyl3
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hippo

The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:52 pm

It would appear that someone over the road gets jolly batey with just a small amount of negative commentary. I hope he's not like that in real life.

Last edited by hippo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bloody fullstop missing :))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I've been a bit fragmented lately but what's all this that IJN now dissing the shoebox, roads and everything - thought he luved the Brent boy!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I've been a bit fragmented lately but what's all this that IJN now dissing the shoebox, roads and everything - thought he luved the Brent boy!!

He's just trying to cover his back for when it all goes tits up......................too late old boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:47 pm

But he's a fan that goes to millions of matches, he is the best Argyle fan in living memory and, he actually knows PERSONALLY, the silent majority, HE has even seen the famous lip quiver! How many can boast that then, eh!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Srsly, IJN is saying what we fellows with half a brain have been saying all along?!

Nice one nooly m8 now sit back and enjoy YOUR handy work in keeping Argyle a lower league club for the next 50 years

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
"it's different, in a Ricoh sort of way". (Porky)
Far be it from me to agree with a Garg but this just typical of the Pork Tw@, to draw a 'positive' comparison citing the the Ricoh just shows how lacking he is in appreciation of the match day experience, the Ricoh is a corporate shit tip whereas St.Marys and Pride Park are excellent fan orientated places to go.

Possibly a good example though of how good Brent is for you, Cov overspent and could never come close to filling a ground which was far too large for purpose, they are now playing at Norfhamton in front of  2k crowds, that is exactly the position you might be in had Brent not saved you, best case, ground sharing with the Turks where you wouldn't come close to selling out their cosy little ground.
Been to all of those grounds following the cause.How did you manage to get such an informed opinion on the respective merits of them? I suppose Exeter may have played at Southampton in the Saints darkest days but Coventry and Derby? Surely not.Way out of Exeter's reach i'd have thought,did you playthem in cup ties or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
......Been to all of those grounds following the cause.How did you manage to get such an informed opinion on the respective merits of them? I suppose Exeter may have played at Southampton in the Saints darkest days but Coventry and Derby? Surely not.Way out of Exeter's reach i'd have thought,did you playthem in cup ties or something?

More likely in their dreams.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Been to all of those grounds following the cause.How did you manage to get such an informed opinion on the respective merits of them? I suppose Exeter may have played at Southampton in the Saints darkest days but Coventry and Derby? Surely not.Way out of Exeter's reach i'd have thought,did you playthem in cup ties or something?
Surprised one of you twelve toed wonders from Tavvy could find your way to Torquay let alone the East Midlands, must have been on the Sunshine Bus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

6.The ground capacity will be seriously reduced in order to build an ice rink.- which leads to fans celebrating in the City Centre.

Well there's your problem, misleading comments like that.

Current capacity 16,388, new capacity with Diddy Stand, 17,400 ish.

Typical 'moderator', bleats when he gets moderated.
If you had the capability of reading the whole thing you would've noticed that I had quoted Grovehill of ATD so you wouldn't have felt the need to make a cnut of yourself again Tis.

Moderate that genius.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:33 am

In the Brent paper today a public notice out lining the land leased to Plymouth Argyle to be disposed of.

Can be seen at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It a bigger piece of land then I thought

Can we object?
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
In the Brent paper today a public notice out lining the land leased to Plymouth Argyle to be disposed of.

Can be seen at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It a bigger piece of land then I thought

Can we object?
Is that zoo field? I thought that was the memorial garden area?

Also this is land being handed back to pcc isn't it or are they selling the land off?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:48 pm

To sell or their words dispose

click on link and it shows the out line of the area to be disposed of and the other link the wording of the notice.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:

click on link and it out line the area.
Yeah couldn't work it out for the map, I gather it's the bit of land by the village.

Have you seen who the lands being disposed too? HHP Nominee ltd, no named directors. Nominee companies are usually used to minimise exposure to investors aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

click on link and it out line the area.
Yeah couldn't work it out for the map, I gather it's the bit of land by the village.

Have you seen who the lands being disposed too? HHP Nominee ltd, no named directors. Nominee companies are usually used to minimise exposure to investors aren't they?
This piece of land was mention at planning and said it was a piece of land not use and full of brambles. This was the excuse to sell it off to Mr Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:36 pm

But I thought it was only going to be a few yards!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Don't know why they don't chuck in Cottage Field and force Brent to build a grandstand and ice rink with sufficient seating to entertain top level sport. Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball.

As things stand Plymouth can't accommodate any of the three ffs !
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Don't know why they don't chuck in Cottage Field and force Brent to build a grandstand and ice rink with sufficient seating to entertain top level sport. Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball.

That's probably the first time I agree with anything you've said!

Bang on the money.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

That's probably the first time I agree with anything you've said!

Bang on the money.
That's what should have happened. Oh, some one did come with a plan for that. The AFT.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

At last able to copy plan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Looks just about the right size for a giant supporters bar, any chance Jimmy ?
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:39 pm

That looks like the area that up until recently was just a large heap (left overs from phase 1 I think). Then 6 months or so ago it was levelled and cleared by the council, maybe in preparation for handing it over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:04 pm

I posted about this in the "Heaney" thread on here where I put the links to the documents. Can't be bothered to do the links again but as far as I could tell it looked as though it had been discussed in council in July at the latest and then "suddenly" seemed to have emerged after the main plans were OK by the planning committee.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:08 pm

The area marked is where the hotel and cinema are going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Just a few yards which is approximately the same size as the grandstand!
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Just a few yards which is approximately the same size as the grandstand!
Half a football pitch is the size I believe. So technically a few yards.

That's not a disagreement btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The support for the stand sinks ever lower   The support for the stand sinks ever lower - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The support for the stand sinks ever lower
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next