Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?

Go down 
+3
Earwegoagain
Yea Man
VillageGreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? Empty
PostSubject: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Following the hoo-ha after the Rovers game, two possible penalties and the ball that looked to have crossed the line, will VAR ever enter League One, League Two and The National League anytime soon?.

Back to top Go down

Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 6:07 pm

leagues 1 and 2 definitely inside 2-3 years not so sure about the national league though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Angry wrote:
leagues 1 and 2 definitely inside 2-3 years not so sure about the national league though.

Why that long just out of interest ? Would that be to get all the technology in place and recruit the VAR officials.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 7:38 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

Why that long just out of interest ? Would that be to get all the technology in place and recruit the VAR officials.

i think they will look at grounds having the facilities in place to allow for it yes. Our ground certainly is good to go for VAR now but sid james park isnt atm and that will be the problem bringing it in any earlier but nothing says it cant be done sooner but realistically i feel 2/3 years.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 11:29 am

I think the goal line technology system will be in but not so sure about VAR.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Every time there's a dispute they would have to send someone round to the outside of the Demport/Lyndy corner to view the replay on the screen there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 7:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:

To be fair that's all that's needed in all the leagues - this var is a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Yea Man wrote:
just what league 1 and 2 need goal line technology
L1 & 2 won’t be getting VAR the technology to expensive for L1 & L2 plus who’s gunna pay for it league 1 and 2 clubs couldn’t afford it any plus can’t see the powers that be forking out that kind money for L1 or 2 but the premiership is another kettle of fish altogether ££££££ that’s why
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 10:49 pm

You would need to pay 3-4 trained and badged officials just to sit in a room and look at a screen for L1 & 2 games, no doubt the mandarins at the EFL would expect the clubs to foot the bill themselves.
Never going to happen and neither should it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:38 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Every time there's a dispute they would have to send someone round to the outside of the Demport/Lyndy corner to view the replay on the screen there.

laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 am

I fookin hate VAR, it ruins the premiership for me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 12:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I fookin hate VAR, it ruins the premiership for me.

And there was way too much stoppage in the rugby world cup. Lose all momentum in the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 12:36 pm

it needs to be improved alot but var/goal line tech is very much needed as the refs make far too many mistakes and miss incidents for there not to be var/goal tech in place.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:47 pm

But then it does tend to even out in the end, we've suffered terribly with that shit but we've also benefited from being given penalties that would be ruled out by var. I think I'd rather see play carry on unless you could have a VAR panel review the incident whilst play continues, could get complicated though. I say leave alone aprt from maybe just a goaline sensor just like the tennis one.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 7:32 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

To be fair that's all that's needed in all the leagues - this var is a nightmare.

Son Heung-min would definately agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?   Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will VAR Enter The Lower Leagues (L1, L2 and National League) Anytime Soon ?
Page 1 of 1