Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
Freathy
Dougie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Fletcher Gone - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
As ridders said about Reid, its all about results.

Indeed. Let the man who led the mutiny be hung by his own petard.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 am

I don't think Fletcher was anywhere near crucified by public opinion. He had a tenure that lasted too long overseen by a board without the necessary football nous and surrounded by ennobled fans who very status is owed to Brents largesse.

Fletcher would have been hounded out of other clubs months ago unprotected by FV and little drummer boy drowning out any nascent dissent. The retweet of Mrs Fletchers tweet by the club president told you all you needed to know about Fletcher esteemed position within the club. Fletcher wasn't going anywhere fast with that kind of protection. Can't help thinking that Sexstone has blown a big hole in all that REAL mate bonhomie. It certainly didn't take long after his arrival to give Fletcher the boot. Heck Brent was prepared to add another layer of management in the form of the DOF to protect the manager and placate the fans. A DOF of Fletcher's choosing for goodness sake.

Think about the number of players loan and permanent that Fletcher has used (or sometime hasn't used). Think of the number of formation he's tried. The number of starting line ups. And think of the stale same old same old worked their socks off excuses he used.

He was given enough time and help with little abuse or threat from the fans. When the result of that is 5 wins in 25, crappy cup exits, losing to 2nd bottom club in the League to sink even closer to relegation even the most aviva of avivas has to see his time has come.

Certainly not drummed out of the club. Although I'm sure The President can arrange with Charlie to produce a final flourish as Fletcher clears his desk if needs be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 am

Has everyone got their "I won't go near the ground as long as............" new reason worked out yet? If not, time to start formulating the new statement which can still start with "I won't go near the ground as long as (fill in new blank)"
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:40 am

I hope Brent has got his 'New Year Business Plan - How To Get People Back At Home Park' ready
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Watching that interview for the first time I actually felt genuine sympathy for the guy.

At one point he's clearly fighting back tears and you can see just how much this meant to him.

Despite obviously being out of his depth you can't say he didn't work his hardest.

Good luck for the future Fletch, might see you as a mural before long.

I agree with all the comments about his ineptitude, but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to feel something for the guy after watching that.

Yep, had to be done, a few months too late, but never mind.

The one thing that strikes me is that the club couldn't even do this in the right way. There is no way Fletcher should have been allowed out to talk to the press about the game having just been sacked.

I've never heard a manager tell the media that he's been sacked before it's announced by the club.

Another first in football.

Still, onwards and upwards, as someone once said. Keith Hill anyone?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm

PP, surely if he's been sacked by the club then they can't "not allow" him to do anything? I get your point but I found the interview quite poignant-it made me reflect on the human side of it anyway even if I did and still do believe that sacking him was the right decision and not before time/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
As ridders said about Reid, its all about results.

Indeed. Let the man who led the mutiny be hung by his own petard.

I think that is a good point and forgotten within the malaise created. What goes around, comes around?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Didn't know where to put this one

New Manager Thread - There won't be one before the weekend

The President Thread - Pontificating again. Right appointment needed - go figure. Biggest in clubs history - since the last biggest thing in the clubs history

Muriel Thread - Fletcher is closer than ever to get one 'He is truly an Argyle legend' - yea right
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Triffic! So the remaining two of Three Stooges will be 'in charge' for the Vale game! And how many matches after that I wonder???!!!!!!!

Vale 4-0 Argo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 am

Im a little sad for carl to get the boot lord knows he tried but at the end of the day he just wasnt suited for this job and did as good a job as anyone could have done when your swimming against the tide with no proper support needed.
In truth he should have been fired two months ago but better he has gone now so it allows the new guy a bit of time to assess the squad and wheel and deal.

I believe Fletch can be succesful in this field in the future but only if he goes the right way about it ie does the coaching badges works as a assistant/coach for a few years build up his know how then and only then should he give it another go at a lower league club. Right now he should just enjoy life as a free man perhaps lace up the boots for a swansong with a club next season.

thanks for what you tried to do for the club but your firing was right and well overdue.

Keith Hill for manager.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 am

I see your prediction Freathy, difficult to argue with, has to be at least 50/50 chance Argo will be bottom come 5pm Saturday.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
:cheers cheers cheers

4 months late, but thank fukk anyway!!

Now go and get O'Driscoll or Keith Hill

If they go for Purse or Wotton I think I will self combust.
ide pay to see that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Gone   Fletcher Gone - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher Gone
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5