+4
Flat_Track_Bully
Elias
Tringreen
Charlie Wood
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Why is Fletcher still in a job? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Other than Brent has been advised not to turn over the team to the unpopular Wotton and perhaps Purse not being interested in the Gig.

Why? this is getting beyond a joke. He is failing on every level.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I can only assume, despite all the fine words about him from the board members, it's all about the money stupid. (not you Watty)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Other than Brent has been advised not to turn over the team to the unpopular Wotton and perhaps Purse not being interested in the Gig.

Why? this is getting beyond a joke. He is failing on every level.

Appointing another player would be total folly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:03 pm

It would appear Brent is about as good at running a football club as Fletcher is at running a football team. Too meek and indecisive where his appointments are concerned. Doing it on the cheap with little REAL long term intimate interest..... perhaps he can't function when there is no profit motive... he wouldn't be the first Tory not to get the idea of successful community.. it's an alien concept.

Last edited by Penzance on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm

alfreton away cant wait !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

As Brent is covering all the budget shortfall, the cost of sacking Fletcher is going to come out of Akkeron's pocket. I suspect therefore that he is hedging his bets that Fletcher will keep us up this year and he can avoid having to pay him off. In the close season I suspect he'll either try to renegotiate Fletcher's contract to give the club more flexibility, or use the ST money to pay him off and get another manager in. What I don't understand is this DoF nonsense, surely given our financial situation the last thing we need is another 'mouth to feed' who isn't going to directly be affecting the playing side. Perhaps such a small wage is on offer that it doesn't make much difference to the budget. That might also explain the apparent reluctance of some candidates to take the job.

Giving Fletcher a rolling rather than fixed contract was a mistake, as was devising a vastly optimistic budgeted attendance figure. Both were no doubt problems caused by relying on advice from a shyster like Ridsdale, who had no long term commitment to the club over and above getting paid himself.

The subsequent lack of the promised 'transparency' is probably an attempt to hide how bad things really are, or at least to buy some time until some of the cracks can be papered over. Brent knows he has the ST money for this year. He'll only act if our league status is seriously threatened (which might come quite soon if the current winless run continues) or in the close season when ST income needs to be generated again. In the latter case expect more talk of 'competitive budgets' and 'fresh starts'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

When Errington states in today's Herald on the lines of ''when your top goal-scorer ends 2012 on only four goals,you know you have problems''.

One can't disagree with that kind of remark.

When Fletcher publicly states that Argyle are in another relegation fight again,one can't disagree at that remark either.

Any other club would have parted company with Fletcher an age ago,but Brent in his great wisdom,decides not to do that and carry on with Fletcher regardless..

I just hope Fletcher is not given another chance next season and that Brent finally sees sense and hires a more experienced Manager in the Summer [or before Cool].

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 am

Errrrrrrrrrrrm yeah yeah no......... Tyler has a calf and Pursey has a hammie yknowwhatimean ?

Errrrrrrrrrrr, yeah, I fink the changin rooms will be y'know good and errrrrm yeah yeah the pitch will be good and we have y'know a good game and yeah, get some good luck hopefully............. y'knowwhatimean ?

Jesus wept !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Same boat as us I'm afraid, in we both can not afford to sack the manager!! Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

How about a swap ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Fletcher is an exceptional individual.

Obviously. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

How about a swap ?

Would you really want a manager that leaves the top scorer on the bench, and at 2-0 up takes off the most influential play maker, player, against the leagues whipping boys, only to end up drawing 2-2?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Fletcher is an exceptional individual.

Obviously. Crying or Very sad

It's that statement alone that worries me most about Brent. Nobody can be sure exactly what his game is. His choice of 'friends' is another mystery.

Is he really just naive when it comes to football, or is he doing it on purpose ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

How about a swap ?

Would you really want a manager that leaves the top scorer on the bench, and at 2-0 up takes off the most influential play maker, player, against the leagues whipping boys, only to end up drawing 2-2?

Yes please..................... I 'm sure I could do a better job than Fletch.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Poor old Fletch is exceptionally clueless. What is Brent up to ffs ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:08 pm

brent is now 100% responsible for Argyle being thrown out of the FL next May and he is 100% responsible for any subsequent implications that may have for the club such as administration and liquidation. Not staplewallet, or any of the M7 but brent! Anger will soon be directed his way and rightly so.

F*** OFF BRENT AND TAKE YOUR DOG SHIT MANAGER WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Freathy wrote:
brent is now 100% responsible for Argyle being thrown out of the FL next May and he is 100% responsible for any subsequent implications that may have for the club such as administration and liquidation. Not staplewallet, or any of the M7 but brent! Anger will soon be directed his way and rightly so.

F*** OFF BRENT AND TAKE YOUR DOG SHIT MANAGER WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!
agree with every word freathy, brent is to blame for this mess no one else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Fletcher still in a job?   Why is Fletcher still in a job? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Fletcher still in a job?
Page 1 of 1