GreenSam
Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Block3Green wrote:
Quote :
‏@RhysGriffiths9:
@cobibudge yes thanks. Enjoyed training and the game. Seems like a 'people's club', with lots of good support

He couldn't be more correct Smile

I think this guy is worth a punt

Someone should let him know what he's let himself in for Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Worth a punt at what price?

Because no one else is available, that he's the best available, that he fits in with Brents competitive budget or at the expense of signing a more league 2 experienced striker.

At the end of the day he's scored against the depleted part timers of Truro.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Dougie wrote:

Because no one else is available, that he's the best available, that he fits in with Brents competitive budget or at the expense of signing a more league 2 experienced striker.

Which is more than our other strikers did!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 pm

The only time I can remember hearing the word depleted, it goes along with Uranium, so on that basis we were better than dynamite, we were postively nuclear in fact.

Clutching at straws?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Dougie wrote:

True. Makes him first choice striker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Quite right Greenskin I have just looked him up and obviously the memory isn't as good as I thought it was. Didn't even play them in a cup match either. I had thought he was around 28 when he started.

Nonetheless it still doesn't mean he (Griffiths) hasn't chosen not to go professional over the years and couldn't easily have done so. Not everyone wants it and perhaps he was simply more than happy to stay where he was for personal reasons. Given the reports on the match it sounds as if he had a decent match so I suspect he will get a couple more games for people to have more looks at him. Time will tell but we haven't signed him yet and even if we wanted to he hasn't signed either.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Dougie wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Dougie wrote:

True. Makes him first choice striker.

And that gives us all the hope in the world! Very Happy

I say lets give the guy a break and let him do the talk on the pitch with goals. cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Quote :
Chris Errington ‏@ChrisErrington1
Carl Fletcher could be ready to offer a professional contract to trialist Rhys Griffiths. See The Herald @plymouthsport tomorrow. #pafc

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 am

Dougie wrote:

I'm quite happy with this. If he doesn't look out of place in training and was our stand out player in the Truro game then it could be a great signing for us. As someone of advancing years myself I find the comments about him being too old a bit silly. We need goals to get out of this league and that's what this guy has done year on year in Wales.

If our defence stands up to it's performances in the second half of last season, and Lowry injury isn't too bad, I see this as the first bit of bright news since the end of last season. For old you could substitute the word experienced, and if this guy was 32 and had been playing in League 2 or even the BSP with the scoring rate he has had in Wales then no-one would even bother about the age thing. It's being brought up because he will have no resale value. So what? I doubt many of our players would command a transfer fee.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:59 am

Greenjock wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I'm quite happy with this. If he doesn't look out of place in training and was our stand out player in the Truro game then it could be a great signing for us. As someone of advancing years myself I find the comments about him being too old a bit silly. We need goals to get out of this league and that's what this guy has done year on year in Wales.

If our defence stands up to it's performances in the second half of last season, and Lowry injury isn't too bad, I see this as the first bit of bright news since the end of last season. For old you could substitute the word experienced, and if this guy was 32 and had been playing in League 2 or even the BSP with the scoring rate he has had in Wales then no-one would even bother about the age thing. It's being brought up because he will have no resale value. So what? I doubt many of our players would command a transfer fee.

If you're not drunk... I will at least give you the benefit of being hungover!

If you wanna delete now.. I will too! Nobody will be none the wiser!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 am

Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Dougie wrote:

If you're not drunk... I will at least give you the benefit of being hungover!

If you wanna delete now.. I will too! Nobody will be none the wiser!

Wide awake Rickler Very Happy

I think we need a physical striker and this guy is big, but he also scores goals. If he's prolific in League 2 and gets us promoted I couldn't care less if he's not up to League 1, then the search for another striker starts again.

We re-signed Nick Chadwick from the BSP who's 30 this season and has never been a prolific scorer, and he's on the treatment table as often as he's on the pitch, and Warren Feeney who's 31 and has scored 13 league goals since 2007, and only 2 goals in the last 2 seasons.

WTF have we got to lose?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:28 am

Greenjock wrote:

WTF have we got to lose?

Time, energy, money... You name it... we will lose it.

Jeez...
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 am

Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

WTF have we got to lose?

Time, energy, money... You name it... we will lose it.

Jeez...

We will anyway, might as well give the guy a chance. There were those who moaned when we signed Paul Mariner as he had no league experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:41 am

We need a striker desperately and there doesn't appear to be anyone else on the horizon, as players like Alan Connell choose paradises like Bradford over the Devon countryside.

There obviously isn't enough in the kitty to sign anyone with a proven record in even League 2, and I would rather have a guy keen as mustard to show what he can do over sicknote Chadwick and Warren "works his socks off" Feeney.

Would you rather we stick with what we already have? I know we would all like somebody guaranteed to score 20+ goals a season, but it's not going to happen under Brent.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:44 am

Greenjock wrote:
We need a striker desperately and there doesn't appear to be anyone else on the horizon, as players like Alan Connell choose paradises like Bradford over the Devon countryside.

There obviously isn't enough in the kitty to sign anyone with a proven record in even League 2, and I would rather have a guy keen as mustard to show what he can do over sicknote Chadwick and Warren "works his socks off" Feeney.

Would you rather we stick with what we already have? I know we would all like somebody guaranteed to score 20+ goals a season, but it's not going to happen under Brent.

Well... Since you put it like that...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 am

Why did carl the clueless insist on giving feeney a new contract? If he hadn't then maybe we wouldn't need to scour the league of wales for 32 year olds. And if Griffiths is by far our best option up front then we are truly f***ed beyond any hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Don't think X-Isle is a big fan, but then he also isn't a big fan of the fire service either.

Freeloaders on a cushy number, in bed asleep whilst getting paid a decent wedge, only having to do the odd bit of bravery very occasionally like jumping into burning buildings risking their lives to save others, or more extreme cases like The Twin Towers disaster where they kept going in to save others knowing that they were unlikely to come out themselves.

That's the public perception, in reality they're all playing darts and snooker taking the piss out of taxpayers and having the cheek to have another paid job as well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:

That's the public perception, in reality they're all playing darts and snooker taking the piss out of taxpayers and having the cheek to have another paid job as well.

Apparently Roy Gardner's got ten jobs. It's a good job he's not a fireman.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:27 am

Looks like he's on his way.

A career break to play football - nice work if you can get it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am

He's probably got his window cleaning round sorted out down here already, just to please Smiffy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 am

It sounds as though he could still turn us down! That would maybe send a message to the people who think that Argyle are too big to have a player fro the Welsh League who is all of 32, no matter what he has shown while on trial, and what his goalscoring record is elsewhere.

I hope he does sign and is an instant hit, and the fact that he is a firefighter willing to take a career break to play at this late stage will possibly make him even more determined to be a success.

He's scored goals for fun and turned down the opportunity before for whatever reason, but now he knows the time is running out if he wants to play for a couple of years as a professional.

Oh and for the Smiffy's of this world who begrudge firefighters their wage because they're not always risking their life for the same pay as someone who's most dangerous task at work is popping the kettle during their tea-break, get a fuckin life dickhead.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am

Greenjock wrote:
Don't think X-Isle is a big fan, but then he also isn't a big fan of the fire service either.

Freeloaders on a cushy number, in bed asleep whilst getting paid a decent wedge, only having to do the odd bit of bravery very occasionally like jumping into burning buildings risking their lives to save others, or more extreme cases like The Twin Towers disaster where they kept going in to save others knowing that they were unlikely to come out themselves.

Just when you think he can't make an even bigger cock of himself - he does!

He's obviously bitter that he ain't brave enough or bright enough to not have to do a godforsaken manual nightshift job.

I'm torn between him stackng shelves at Tesco, or stacking cases at Gatwick. Doubt I'd be far wrong...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am

Griffiths mentions being offered a decent contract.If you want a decent contract you should have gone to Rotherham.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:11 pm

oddball wrote:
Griffiths mentions being offered a decent contract.If you want a decent contract you should have gone to Rotherham.

Hmm, decent contract. I wish him all the best and have reasonably high hopes he can produce...but...it seems a bit of a rickety old basket to be putting all your eggs in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths on trial?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next