GreenSam
Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Looks like Jake was right.Players agent?Breaking news on PAFC Twatter is that he's back.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Is this inspired or barrell sraping? I'm far from convinced by Fletchers ability to pick a striker - MacDonland being the only one I was impressed by out of the four he signed. For me, either way, it makes a mockery of this 'competitive budget'.

He has scored more goals for Llanelli then our current strikers combined in their careers in all competitions. Would be interested to see him against Preston as opposed to Truro.

Last edited by Warny on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Ming wrote:
Freathy wrote:
My goodness you carry on being happy that fletcher is having to scour the league of wales for 32 year old 'strikers' as your beloved brent won't fund L2 standard players.

My beloved Brent. Forget that for sarters. I'm only interested in the football freathy. I couldn't give a toss about the board room. Brent has said where he intends the club to head for. It won't happen over night. We will all have to wait and see if he serriously means to run the the club properly and provide us with a the stadium that may allow us to kick on. Then if he isn't as good as his words there will be more than just you on his case.

I have read your posts with interest. I agree with a lot of what you say but I cannot for the life of me see what Brent has done to have earned the flack you throw at him. Unless you are blaming him for paying off such a small portion of someone elses debt.

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe Fletchers chooses to try and unearth gems rather than go for proven quality. It will take balls but if he is a good judge of players it will allow him to get more for the money he has available. I don't know that to be the case. I'm not saying it's likely. But it's possible. Can you say that. Or are you so entrenched in your critical stance that you won't allow that possibility to cross your mind.

It's more what Brent hasn't done and isn't doing. I'm sorry but PAFC is in completely the wrong hands if we want anything other than scraping L2 survival year after year. And no I don't believe Fletcher chooses to unearth gems. I believe Fletcher is forced to scrape the very bottom of the last barrel for players no other league club for very good reasons would even consider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Well Freathy, I can't say your wrong. I wish I could. I hate the fact that recruitment is being left to last moment. If they got in the quality we need for a promotion push and pruned the squad appropriatly ST sales as well as our prospects would be looking a lot rosier. I'm praying that there will be some big positives to come. If not I can see an angry blacklash to all the talk of healthy budgets and playing in higher leagues. I've just read that the spaniard is not staying. With Fletcher saying he did well for us you have to assume it was a wages issue. FFS, I'm trying so hard to believe but am getting drawn to the dark side.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Ming wrote:
Well Freathy, I can't say your wrong.

You can Ming. But you'll have those dastardly your('re) police on your back...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:30 pm

If he's 32 and still playing non-league football then he's hardly the next Rooney is he
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Desperate times require desperate measures and my take on this is that errr ya' know the gaffer was quite right to go public regarding the budget he has to play with. I do not believe for one moment that Harry is realistic when he suggests that Argyle are competitive. We are being fed sexed up propaganda from him and his cohorts. The Aviva boys are beginning to sense it as well. Far better to be honest then treat us like children and that goes for Webb as well its about time he stopped peddling the bullshit for his puppet master.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

However bad this bloke is he cannot be any worse than the present powerhouse of Chadwick and Feeney , two hard working players (when the former is not injured) , but unfortunately no footballing ability whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Griff Rhys Jones might turn out to be a wee nugget, however to me its another gamble like every other player Fletcher is signing and re-signing this season they're all bleddy gambles,they're either too old,too young,injury prone,fitness doubts,never played at this level, never played at any level,cant score in a month of sundays,Its a rag tag and bobtail of a team.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 pm

An older version of Nancekevill?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Nancekevill was treated disgracefully by the players at the time , they refused to pass the ball to him , hence he was never given a chance.I would hope that the current players are fully aware of their shortcomings and would fully accept a player from a lower league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

oddball wrote:
Griff Rhys Jones might turn out to be a wee nugget, however to me its another gamble like every other player Fletcher is signing and re-signing this season they're all bleddy gambles,they're either too old,too young,injury prone,fitness doubts,never played at this level, never played at any level,cant score in a month of sundays,Its a rag tag and bobtail of a team.

I'd agree with that.

The only thing I'd add is that we might be wrong and the new style of playing may come good.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 pm

If he was the 6th or 7th brand new signing of the season we would have barely raised an eyebrow as it is there are some people talking themselves into thinking it's a good signing. Not right here right now it wouldn't be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Its the most embarrising signing in my forty odd years supporting this club if he joins , all we need to find out if he has a poor disciplinary record and is injury prone to make our shame complete. promotion push my arse!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm

understand the currant training sessions involve a banjo and a barn door Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Dunno about that.Apparently Block3green was watching training today and got politely told to eff off.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Carl gives his views on RG in the Herald. The herald also confirms that the Spanish triallist has gone-

Carl y'know speaks
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Dougie wrote:
If he was the 6th or 7th brand new signing of the season we would have barely raised an eyebrow as it is there are some people talking themselves into thinking it's a good signing. Not right here right now it wouldn't be.

Quite. Those thinking this is a good signing need to remember there's a reason this player is still way down the non-league pyramid at 32. Fletcher or his 'scouts' haven't discovered a "wee nugget" here. Someone banging them as prolifically has he has will have attracted attention of many other league clubs over the years. But those clubs obviously all decided he's not good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Tony Book signed for us when he was 30.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Playing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

knecht wrote:
Tony Book signed for us when he was 30.

He did.Can't think of any other player from non league who has started professional football at that age or beyond though.And it was 48 years ago as well,possibly fitness and training standards have improved since then.I suppose the nearest thing to Tony Book would be John Brimacombe,who i think was about 27 when he started in pro football and who made a reasonable job of it before he got injured pretty badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Steve Highway for Liverpool was quite late in starting. As I remember it he played against them in the FA cup whilst with a non league outfit and they signed him. Think he did rather well going from non league to the top league in one hit. I have no doubt there are others although I couldn't name them. As I understand it he was happy to stay where he was in the Welsh league and it isn't as if he hasn't had offers. This isn't an advert for him or against him particularly but in life not everyone wants to climb the ladder and some are happy being a lesser light. It may well be that he could easily have been a league player long ago and who knows where he might have ended up if he had gone that route.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Top scorer so far this season
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Steve Highway for Liverpool was quite late in starting. As I remember it he played against them in the FA cup whilst with a non league outfit and they signed him. Think he did rather well going from non league to the top league in one hit. I have no doubt there are others although I couldn't name them. As I understand it he was happy to stay where he was in the Welsh league and it isn't as if he hasn't had offers. This isn't an advert for him or against him particularly but in life not everyone wants to climb the ladder and some are happy being a lesser light. It may well be that he could easily have been a league player long ago and who knows where he might have ended up if he had gone that route.

Steve Heighway was 23 when he started for Liverpool,not 32. I certainly can't remember anyone of that age making a football league debut,although i suppose things have changed in recent years with automatic promotion from the conference-there have probably been a few stalwarts who were in their thirties with clubs who got promotion to the FL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Quote :
‏@RhysGriffiths9:
@cobibudge yes thanks. Enjoyed training and the game. Seems like a 'people's club', with lots of good support

He couldn't be more correct Smile

I think this guy is worth a punt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths on trial?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next