Rickler
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Rhys Griffiths on trial? Empty
PostSubject: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm

On pasoti rumours they feel we have the 6'3" 32 year old striker on trial. He has scored over 180 goals (in the Welsh league) since 2006 and has won their golden boot/ leek for the last few seasons. Has just signed for Port Talbot.

Wiki Info

Numberless Mystery Man (behind Purse) training-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rhys Griffiths picture-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Although he was in Ireland with Port Talbot on Monday-

Port Talbot's Ireland Tour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Looks like him that's for sure.

180 goals in 181 games for Llanelli, admittedly in the Welsh League, but I don't mind giving someone like this a try in our league.

He's a big guy and obviously knows how to score so i hope this works out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:21 pm

32 year old striker from the welsh league. affraid This seems to be getting worse.In fact,even if the guy is not signed or trialled,it still beggars belief that Argyle have sunk so low as to be rumoured to be considering someone of that age and pedigree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

A big lump who can score goals? Why not? Just to get us scoring and out of this league.

He could have played in Ireland on Tuesday and be in Plymouth now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:

180 goals in 181 games for Llanelli, admittedly in the Welsh League, but I don't mind giving someone like this a try in our league.

I have seen him play on a number of occasions. In fact I used to live very close to Stebonheath or if you prefer, Yr wyf wedi ei weld yn chwarae ar nifer o achlysuron, mewn gwirionedd Roeddwn i'n arfer byw yn agos iawn at Stebonheath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I have seen him play on a number of occasions. In fact I used to live very close to Stebonheath or if you prefer, Yr wyf wedi ei weld yn chwarae ar nifer o achlysuron, mewn gwirionedd Roeddwn i'n arfer byw yn agos iawn at Stebonheath.

I take it you had more to say but had to wipe down your screen first Razz
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I can translate that.

"This bloke is crap and don't touch with a rabies infected bargepole".
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Is he any good Lee? I'll expect an answer after you've wiped the phlegm from your keyboard/monitor Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I can translate that.

"This bloke is crap and don't touch with a rabies infected bargepole".

If it is him, he's having a trial. If he can hit the net as many times as Feeney in training, oh hang on Razz

If it is him and he is a right handful, we've got Purse and Blanchard to test him out on, then why not take the chance? Some players get better with age and at 32 he's not exactly over the hill for League 2. If he's not up to it then I'm sure it would become apparent pretty soon and nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Coming soon....

An Argyle player from a pub league that you've personally seen play on a your local sports field!

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 pm

It seems pretty shit looking at it initially but if he's good enough for one/two seasons in League Two to play a part in a side that pushes towards the top of the league, his age/pedigree is irrelevant I suppose. Those are big ifs though, which is why he's on trial I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

I think he would be a great signing. There is an untapped market amongst our Celtic diaspora.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Not Dane ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
A big lump who can score goals? Why not? Just to get us scoring and out of this league.

He could have played in Ireland on Tuesday and be in Plymouth now.

Jock, have you seen ay of those games on S4c?

Probably no better than Peninsula League:)

At best!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Is he any good Lee? I'll expect an answer after you've wiped the phlegm from your keyboard/monitor Very Happy

At that level!

The thecnical ability in the Welsh Prem is that of say Confrence North/South.

Just gone and purchased a new laptop it got soaking wet. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

At that level!

The thecnical ability in the Welsh Prem is that of say Confrence North/South.

Just gone and purchased a new laptop it got soaking wet. Smile
So if he's good enough to score a goal a game at that level, it's not inconcievable he could make the step up.

What mould is he Lee-big lump who draws others into play, creative link-up man, goal poacher or something in between?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Just go brent FFS
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Just go brent FFS
So you think he should what...sell the club and land to someone who'll gift the club lots of money to spend? Or will merely loaning us the money suffice, or perhaps paying off all historic debt so that all money can go towards the team? What if no such a person exists?

Just interested in the rational behind "Brent out".
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 pm

And Argyle are the only ones who have recognised his talent(?). Got to be an agents punt. Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose but really?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 pm

I really am trying to be excited about the coming season, but on reading this "I CONTINUE TO BE UNDERWHELMED". Still I'm sure uncle Carl knows what he is doing!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Innocent till proven guilty. Justice for the Taffy One!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:07 pm

I hope we get him.

Always liked 'Restoration'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Is this a serious rumour? A 32 year old striker from the Welsh league? Things are worse that I thought.

Still, not to worry, we probably won't be able to afford his wages anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I guess if we get him on a free and he comes good, what's really to be lost? Good luck to him if he comes.

I just wish we could sign a name that would get the adrenalin flowing.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths on trial?   Rhys Griffiths on trial? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths on trial?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next