Tgwu

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Griffiths Signs according to Port Talbot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Griffiths Signs according to Port Talbot

More confirmation from Wales, no new from Home Park

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Top scorer in the league for the last seven seasons. Picked for the league side six seasons running. 237 goals in around 300 games. He's clearly a top player in that league. Let's hope it translates to our lofty height!
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Hope...comes between faith and charity.Just about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Good luck to him. Was he one of the players to eventually lower his wage demands?
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Get on you Taffy. Maybe Port Talbot will do us a favour and take Chadwick off of our hands, and off the payroll.
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Well we've had Dockyardies and Milkmen who've made the transition to League football - Here's hoping Griffiths The Goal does the same from the Fire Service...
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 pm

And Joey Barton is about to sign for Fleetwood on a six month loan deal, to get his ban over with more quickly, or cheating in other words.

We don't play them until mid November so he'll probably have gone back to QPR by then, but it is a bit of a con.
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Good luck to the guy however the fact no other League Club has taken a punt on him before now is a worry to me and smacks of desperation.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 pm

We've been told recently he has turned down many moves to league clubs. More recent interviews suggest this is a dream move come true. Who to believe on an internet forum eh.

Anyhow, good luck once again.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Well we've had Dockyardies and Milkmen who've made the transition to League football - Here's hoping Griffiths The Goal does the same from the Fire Service...

Don't forget the roofer!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
Good luck to the guy however the fact no other League Club has taken a punt on him before now is a worry to me and smacks of desperation.

With his apparent prolific record in the league of wales you can be sure he has attracted plenty of attention from league clubs. Yet no-one took a punt on him. Why is that? Guess we'll find out next season when it's far too late.
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Freathy wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

With his apparent prolific record in the league of wales you can be sure he has attracted plenty of attention from league clubs. Yet no-one took a punt on him. Why is that? Guess we'll find out next season when it's far too late.

Not hopeful it's a good signing then Freathy Razz
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Bloody firemans dampened Freathy's spirits.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:02 pm

If he scores goals for us, I don't care where or who he has played for. He is an Argyle man.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Freathy wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Don't forget the fine winger that Burton didn't want.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Anyone got any info on Clubs he's supposedly turned down offers from in the past?

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Anyone got any info on Clubs he's supposedly turned down offers from in the past?

Trumpton Town?

Seriously, if he signed for us he'd sign for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Trumpton Town?

Seriously, if he signed for us he'd sign for anyone.

I'm of a similar opinion. It'd be easier to gauge a comparison though, if we could get hard evidence of offers being made, who they were from, and what league etc.

What saddens me most is that in the cold light of day, I find myself favouring having him on the teamsheet in preference to our resident hotshot pro's, Chadwick and Feeney.

(they will work their socks off, mind)

<<sigh>>
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:04 pm

More than prepared to give this guy a chance, hope he turns into a goal machine Smile
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 pm

i think most of us WILL (including Freathy) give him a chance the point is Block 3 Green this is the kind of signing a club STILL in administation makes.

32 year old league of wales player goodness me, hes really gonna compliment the hard working feeny & chadwick (always injured).

we'd have been better off signing Sharpe (former everton strikers son) from TNS hes about 10 years younger.

Brent wants to sell memberships, is this really gonna enocurage ANYONE?

PS Comparisons could be made with Dwight Marshall but he at least got a goal or two (?) in pre-season. time yet i know !
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Our resident hotshots....Chadwick and Feeney...made me smile,they sound like a comedy act.
Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
i think most of us WILL (including Freathy) give him a chance the point is Block 3 Green this is the kind of signing a club STILL in administation makes.

32 year old league of wales player goodness me, hes really gonna compliment the hard working feeny & chadwick (always injured).

we'd have been better off signing Sharpe (former everton strikers son) from TNS hes about 10 years younger.

Brent wants to sell memberships, is this really gonna enocurage ANYONE?

PS Comparisons could be made with Dwight Marshall but he at least got a goal or two (?) in pre-season. time yet i know !
6 years younger and he plays for AFC Telford but I get your point. FWIW I think Griffiths could surprise a few people. A couple of years service from him is not unrealistic. As long as he gets the service of course.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Lot of hopes being placed on Old Man Griffiths head. Was there a rumour about another experienced striker being in talks? Would take the pressure off a little.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Dougie wrote:
Lot of hopes being placed on Old Man Griffiths head. Was there a rumour about another experienced striker being in talks? Would take the pressure off a little.

Fletcher's Dad from Bournemouth?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Griffiths Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffiths Signs   Griffiths Signs Empty

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Signs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next