GreenWhiteBlack
Greenskin
Dougie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Walked past the life centre at about 4pm today where he was doing some practice on the climbing wall in his argyle training gear with one of the coaches standing watching, he certainly seemed to be putting the effort in to that, maybe he should start on the pitch.

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Have we ever had a forward that was an excellent climber, another football first?
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

No longer leaps like a salmon but climbs above the defence like a ..... errrrr .....
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

I have a son who is into rock climbing. He is rubbish at football. Make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 pm

My wife climbed underground. Make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Walked past the life centre at about 4pm today where he was doing some practice on the climbing wall in his argyle training gear with one of the coaches standing watching, he certainly seemed to be putting the effort in to that, maybe he should start on the pitch.

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

Don't think there's any lack of effort on Griffiths part.It was always going to be a tough struggle for a 32 year old to step into full time pro football and the strain has shown- the football league is played at a consistently higher pace and provides better opposition to anything he would have faced in the Welsh league.Odd signing and really makes you wonder why any manager in his right mind would jeopardise his own career in this way if Griffiths and some of the other players signed pre season were his first choices.Calls into question the reality of the alleged £1.8m playing budget as far as i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

Don't think there's any lack of effort on Griffiths part.It was always going to be a tough struggle for a 32 year old to step into full time pro football and the strain has shown- the football league is played at a consistently higher pace and provides better opposition to anything he would have faced in the Welsh league.Odd signing and really makes you wonder why any manager in his right mind would jeopardise his own career in this way if Griffiths and some of the other players signed pre season were his first choices.Calls into question the reality of the alleged £1.8m playing budget as far as i'm concerned.

Disagree, even with a lack of match fitness he would be hungry on the pitch, however he doesn't look it. At exeter (and in other games) he seemed to lounge around the pitch, doing very little, didn't run once, didn't jump, refused to go for a fairly easy header, Wright Phillips was lazy, but he could get in to the right positions and score goals, rhys just can't. Feeno's effort puts him to shame.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Funny how a non League player fails to perform in our side when every time we play a non-league team the opposition non league players run rings round every one of our squad.
Maybe its a sign of where we are heading.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

He needs someone to play off him, completely ineffective up top on his own.

I dont really rate him, but the way we line up doesnt help him what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Maybe he's just plain shit
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

Disagree, even with a lack of match fitness he would be hungry on the pitch, however he doesn't look it. At exeter (and in other games) he seemed to lounge around the pitch, doing very little, didn't run once, didn't jump, refused to go for a fairly easy header, Wright Phillips was lazy, but he could get in to the right positions and score goals, rhys just can't. Feeno's effort puts him to shame.

Strangely the WMN Exeter correspondent Stuart James wrote on Monday;

"Rhys Griffiths was causing Exeter problems and won countless balls in the air,but for all his aerial dominance,he had no support"

Thats why i never really trust anyone else's opinion on away matches,prefer to see it with my own eyes and make my own judgement.From what i've seen of Griffiths,there certainly isn't a lack of effort,he just isn't up to the standards consistently demanded by professional football and was never likely to be at his age-basically,he was a duff,bargain bucket signing and you get what you pay for,by and large.I also didn't get any impression of laziness on BWP's part when he was at the club,always worked hard as far as i could see.Maybe running around like a blue arsed fly a la Feeney is the way to highlight effort but there's room for different styles in football and i would surmise that if you [or me when i was in my teens] played 90 minutes of pro football at a similar workrate to Griffiths or BWP then all conjecture about laziness would cease immediately.

Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm

IMHO Griffiths is playing the wrong role. He's shown in previous seasons that he's a goalscorer, yet Fletch seems to be working on the assumption that, because he's a big unit, he should be the 'target man', feeding others. I think his goalscoring record suggests that griffiths should be the one working off another Centre Forward, playing as a '10' rather than a '9' if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I think it is a whole team thing. Whoever has been the sole striker has looked weak this season because the midfield has been so poor in both supporting and supplying him with decent ball. It must be soul destroying for the player concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Maybe his goal is the peak of fitness.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Pitbull wrote:

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

So this useless limp of shit we should send back to Wales was putting in some training when I would guess the rest of the team were at Nando's or tweeting Ian Newell?

I don't think he's set the world on fire for us but as others have said he is almost always played as a lone striker. When he had his debut, or certainly one of his first games, didn't he come on and play alongside another striker?

I don't know about him yet. I think he should've stayed on the pitch on Saturday and one of Chadwick or Feeney, or preferably Madjo, should've come on a lot earlier and played off him. Until he's had a chance with some support I'll reserve judgement a little because I still think a goalscorer of his reputation, even if it was only the Welsh league, must have something about him and knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. That isn't something you can say about Chadwick or Feeney. They might well huff and puff but neither of them are real goalscorers.

I wouldn't mind betting than given a run of games with a decent strike partner that he would be able to score plenty of goals in League 2.

I'm all for calling a bag of shit a bag of shit, but this sounds like extra training he was doing so good on him. He's probably desperate to succeed when he already has a pretty good career.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Pitbull wrote:

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

bit of a racist tone isnt it!!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I really rate him. He's been excellent whenever he's played with a strike partner or with attacking wingers just in behind him. He's only struggled really when we've played a 5 man midfield with withdrawn wide men (like we did in the first half on Saturday).

Barnet and Northampton we played a mixture of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 and he was very good in both of them. His overall ability puts Feeney and Chadwick to shame imo. I'd even go as far as to say if utilized correctly he's one of our best players.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I really rate him. He's been excellent whenever he's played with a strike partner or with attacking wingers just in behind him. He's only struggled really when we've played a 5 man midfield with withdrawn wide men (like we did in the first half on Saturday).

Barnet and Northampton we played a mixture of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 and he was very good in both of them. His overall ability puts Feeney and Chadwick to shame imo. I'd even go as far as to say if utilized correctly he's one of our best players.

cobi will share this view next time he scores im sure. he is that fickle.
Back to top Go down
swampy

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

SEND HIM BACK TO WALES.

bit of a racist tone isnt it!!!
Why for goodness sake? That's where he's from isn't it? Would you interpret it the same if he had stated Reading, Blackpool or Swansea even?
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 am

Call me old fashioned, but surely climbing walls is more useful to a fireman than a footballer. Just what sort of coaching/training regime have they got up there ?

I don't buy the Griffiths fitness thing any more than I buy the Madjo excuse of defending corners... there have been a lot of successful poachers that have just swanned around... Wright Phillips wasn't exactly a hive of activity. More likely the guy is not able to perform up front on his tod ... a thankless task for someone who is patently a goalscorer, and nothing else... you almost constantly have your back to goal. Tynan would suffer in that sort of role.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 am

Wayne Rooney is half as effective when asked to play upfront by himself.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 am

GreenSam wrote:

Christ on a bike!!

I give up
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am

punchdrunk wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Christ on a bike!!

I give up
Punchdrunk the crusader for freedom of speech as ever, as long as it's freedom to speak what he agrees of course.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 am

He doesn't get enough support, he is isolated, we rarely get any bodies in the opposition box, it's unfair to judge the lone striker when the tactics are to blame, in Luggies day if we needed a goal to win or even draw we would play with a lone defender never a lone striker. We would have six or seven layers lined up along the opposition goal line hacking at the ball until it went in, it wasn't pretty but it worked, blood and snotters! Fletchers tactics are more like Spit and sawdust.
Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 am

I am prepared to judge the man when he plays up front with a partner and can prove he can stay fit. He has scored some goals already this season so im wait and see on him till.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhys Griffiths   Rhys Griffiths Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhys Griffiths
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next