Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sky on Rhys Griffiths

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Sky on Rhys Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Sky on Rhys Griffiths   Sky on Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Johnny Phillips blogs on firefighter-turned-Plymouth Argyle striker Rhys Griffiths

Last Saturday we got a chance on Soccer Saturday to go down into the lower divisions. It's often where the best stories can be found.

It provides a chance for players who wouldn't always attract much national attention to grab a bit of the limelight usually snaffled by the all-consuming Premier League. It didn't take long for one player in particular to announce his arrival. After just one minute 10 seconds Rhys Griffiths scored from a penalty to set Plymouth on their way to a fine 4-1 away win at Barnet.

Rhys Griffiths: in the thick of the action against Barnet

The previous week I had travelled down to Devon to find out how the 32-year-old was settling in at his new club. In some ways his transfer from his part-time playing days with Llanelli in the League of Wales was the most interesting deal of the summer. It was his first professional contract and I doubt there has ever been a player who has waited so long to become a professional footballer. The temptation was to ask what kept him?

The early signs are that Griffiths is making the most of his late, late chance in professional football.

Quotes of the week

"I've got a great job back in Wales which was another ambition of mine, something I'd always wanted to do. I was enjoying playing part-time football in the League of Wales, I'm proud of that league and enjoyed playing in it. But it got to the stage where I thought, 'Well, it's now or never!'

Lot more on this link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sky on Rhys Griffiths   Sky on Rhys Griffiths EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Good article. I really want this guy to do well for us, and the early signs are good.

He's made a big career decision coming down here and putting the Firefighting on hold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sky on Rhys Griffiths   Sky on Rhys Griffiths EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 am

If he can stay fit i reckon he will score a few for us this season. I do feel like i said at the time some where too quick to right him off when he was injured earlier in the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky on Rhys Griffiths   Sky on Rhys Griffiths Empty

Back to top Go down

Sky on Rhys Griffiths
Page 1 of 1