+4
pepsipete
Greenskin
LondonGreen
tcm
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Chadwick > Griffiths Empty
PostSubject: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Gotta say, Chadwick did more when he came on than Rhys Griffiths has done since the Northampton game.

I really don't rate the fireman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:20 pm

If Chadwick is better than Fireman Sam then he really must be shite!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Got to agree with Cobi - Griffiths was anonymous today; Chadwick made a difference up front, especially his part in Young's goal.

Mind you, it makes me laugh that Fletch could look at any of Griffiths, Chadwick and Feeney and think "There's the answer to our goalscoring problems"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Where on earth was Madjo? sat on the bench.

This thread was not just a dig at Griffiths, but it was praise for Nick by the way, he made a difference, set up our second goal and won plenty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Where on earth was Madjo? sat on the bench.

This thread was not just a dig at Griffiths, but it was praise for Nick by the way, he made a difference, set up our second goal and won plenty.

Played well for 20 minutes a season. Not quite the 20 goals a season striker we're missing, but chuffed the lad worked his socks off for 20 minutes this week. Earned his grand!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Griffiths stands and expects the ball to go to him, and if it doesn't go to his forehead then he is a pinball machine, chadders offered more mobility today and a little more work rate.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

this thread is wrong,,,good shift from the fire man,,,,why oh why arnt we man united,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I know you're pissed Mike, but you watch us week in week out so what do you make of Griffiths? Depends which match report I read, and the piss poor display I saw against Dorchester, some seem to think he's doing a good job while others slate him.

He kept Madjo on the bench today, who is supposed to be our best striker, even though he's not ours, but you know what I mean.

Would you rather have Griffiths or Madjo, or would you play them together?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

i thought he was ok today jock,,,,the bro didnt agree but hes a tory cnut,,for me the fireman pch,,,,thats what ide go with Very Happy the argy behind them and then spend a couple of mil in the middle,,,,,,the middle worries me a bit,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 pm

tcm wrote:
i thought he was ok today jock,,,,the bro didnt agree but hes a tory cnut,,for me the fireman pch,,,,thats what ide go with Very Happy the argy behind them and then spend a couple of mil in the middle,,,,,,the middle worries me a bit,,

Just a couple of Mil? Cheapskate Razz

It sounded as though the midfield was ok today. I think we missed Hourihane midweek, he's developing into a good player, still young but he needs to screw his head on and cut out the bookings.

I'm desperately trying to picture your Tory cnut brother:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Totnes Comie Mike - the guiding light of sensibility on ATD
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 pm

tcm wrote:

Actually,i agree with you.I'll say that again-actually i agree with you.Didn't think Griffiths was bad today,won a few headers,brought other players into the game from time to time,had a couple of efforts saved.It was the right time for him to go off and Chadders pepped it up when he came on but i''d give Griffiths six and a half out of ten,not earth shattering but not bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Nick Chadwick has been constantly slated this season, by me as well, however he came on today and offered about 50 times as much as Rhys Griffiths. Rhys Griffiths plays like a fireman, because he is one, he is a pinball machine, poor signing!
This should be our striker order.

Madjo
Feeney
Chadwick
Griffiths

Madjo is a strong unit and a good tactical player who for some reason was on the bench today! Warren is a good striker who uses his experience to create play and hassle defenders. Chadwick isn't a great player but he does try and move towards the ball and win it. Griffiths is poor and a poor signing.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Perhaps not playing Madjo because he is not ours. Seeing what it would be like when he leaves us next month.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Gotta say, Chadwick did more when he came on than Rhys Griffiths has done since the Northampton game.

I really don't rate the fireman.

That's great, the guy we signed from Stockport benchwarming duties did better than the guy who's only played a handfull of games in full time football-very reassurring.

Sadly, they both make Jimmy Hinch look a class player- and Jimmy's well over 70 now.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Chadwick did nothing , a complete waste of space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:45 pm

That's not true Old Timer. Normally he does nothing but today he actually did make a difference despite me being loathed to admit that. Griffiths was ordinary without being bad. The 20 minute first time cameo was not the player we actually got sadly. I don't think anyone was stand out today but that was more to do with a decent performance throughout than anything else.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am

Yesterday, Chadwick > Griffiths. Overall Griffiths >>> Chadwick.

I honestly think that was the only good game Chadders has had since his first 5-out of the games I've seen anyway.
Back to top Go down
BadBoy67

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 am

GreenSam wrote:
Yesterday, Chadwick > Griffiths. Overall Griffiths >>> Chadwick.

I honestly think that was the only good game Chadders has had since his first 5-out of the games I've seen anyway.

As opposed to griffs one good half hour cameo, I suspect griff can trap a ball further than Chadwick can kick it, I hope he improves with time I really do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 am

What I don't understand about Griffiths is everyone is commenting on his first touch/trapping and saying he's like a pinball machine, but this isn't something that can be taught, so he must have always had a poor first touch, even when he was scoring for fun in Wales.

Stepping up to professional football is obviously difficult, but I would have thought it was things like speed, timing of runs and decision making that are noticably different, and of course the standard of defenders you face.

So Griffiths must have had a poor first touch for years and when he was on trial? Or am I wide of the mark and his first touch has deteriorated perhaps as a result of his confidence taking a dent?
Back to top Go down
BadBoy67

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Think its probably the step up in standard has found him out a bit, having said that he has ability in and around the box he's just not a target man, hold up type would like to see him paired with Madjo just to see if they can hit it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm

This is my problem with Fletch, he seems to struggle to find players to keep us out of the bottom of the lowest league, we need players capable of stepping up to the next league, how many of our present team could cut it in league 1?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

BadBoy67 wrote:
Think its probably the step up in standard has found him out a bit, having said that he has ability in and around the box he's just not a target man, hold up type would like to see him paired with Madjo just to see if they can hit it off.

I've wanted to see Griffiths and Madjo together, and given a run of games together instead of Fletchers obsession with playing either Feeney or Chadwick every game.

Let them know they're your number one pairing and give them a few games to gel. At the moment you couldn't say for sure what our formation is going to be or which of our pool of strikers are going to start.

Fletcher seems to go half and half with one striker and one of PCH or MacDonald who are kind of attacking midfielders.

Play Madjo and Griffiths for 5 games, can't be any worse than Chadwick or work your socks off Feeney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

In answer to the op, neither. Chadwick should have gone in the summer, Griffiths was worth a punt he could he have been a wee nugget, but he isn't I don't think.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:

Just a couple of Mil? Cheapskate Razz

It sounded as though the midfield was ok today. I think we missed Hourihane midweek, he's developing into a good player, still young but he needs to screw his head on and cut out the bookings.

I'm desperately trying to picture your Tory cnut brother:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
he was the one next to me in the german shirt jock,,,member? when i was GOS super star,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chadwick > Griffiths   Chadwick > Griffiths Empty

Back to top Go down

Chadwick > Griffiths
Page 1 of 1