Czarcasm
Angry
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 9:34 pm

Middlesbrough make Josh Coburn loan decision - but move depends on arrivals

PLYMOUTH Argyle are in pole position to win the battle to sign Josh Coburn on loan - but the deal will only get the green light if and when Boro get another forward through the door.

Michael Carrick is keen for Coburn to benefit from another season of regular football on the back of his year at Bristol Rovers, with a move to Home Park and a chance to test himself week in, week out in the Championship the logical next step for the 21-year-old.

But Boro won't risk leaving themselves short up-top and the Coburn deal will only go through if another frontman arrives at the Riverside.

Boro want to sign a striker, a No.10 and a midfielder ahead of next Friday's deadline. Emmanuel Latte Lath arrived to bolster the forward line last week and impressed on his debut against Huddersfield, but Boro are targeting one more striker as well as looking for a forward player to replace Chuba Akpom after his move to Ajax.

Coburn scored 10 goals during his spell in League One with Bristol Rovers last season before returning to Boro at the start of the summer and signing a new long-term contract. Boro have high hopes for the striker in the future but would rather he benefited from another year of regular action this season rather than risk slowing his development on the fringes of the first team at the Riverside.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 9:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
Middlesbrough clearly don't see Argo as any form of serious rival to them this season if they're loaning players out to us LOL. Get the feeling if Argo weren't interested he'd be sent on loan to a L1 club.

Argyle are seen as a club that will develop players into better players while they are here.

If this Boro chap is indeed coming here then I wish him all the best and I hope he can improve himself and make a name for himself at that.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 10:12 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Middlesbrough clearly don't see Argo as any form of serious rival to them this season if they're loaning players out to us LOL. Get the feeling if Argo weren't interested he'd be sent on loan to a L1 club.

Argyle are seen as a club that will develop players into better players while they are here.

If this Boro chap is indeed coming here then I wish him all the best and I hope he can improve himself and make a name for himself at that.

i would prefer if we went for someone with the experience in this league which would be valuable in some games like last week for example where it could have been the difference up front and not gamble on developing someone elses player again.

Im sure he is a good player not saying he's not i'll back him if he does come here. but much like with cundle we are giving up another loan spot to a developmental player when have a squad full of talent under 30 and we really need to have a few who know how to play in this league especially if we have spent the season's transfer budget already with Mumba and Whittaker purchases. Can we see simon sanctioning another couple of big transfers in janaury pending on how we are doing on those kind of players cause i dont see him doing that , sure schuey will have some cash but not alot not the funds we want to see anyways. Worth mentioning we will have 5 loan singings already and clubs wont be keen to loan us anymore when we can only play 5 at a time. Another fun time will be if any of those 5 are doing the job for us is whether they get recalled during january also.

its a gamble and one i hope pays off otherwise we are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 7:13 am

If Coburn does well here he'll be recalled in January, especially if Middlesbrough are not top 6 by then.  Not at all  keen on this loan signing from another Championship club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:22 am

Yesterday

Up front, a loan might make sense as they look to add competition to fellow summer signing Emmanuel Latte Lath, who has made an impressive start since his arrival from Atalanta. The club have an agreement in place with Plymouth Argyle to loan out Josh Coburn for the season, but can only sanction that if they bring in another striker of their own. Therefore, with the future secured by Coburn's development, a loan in that position has merit, even if it's ultimately a player they'd have little prospect of signing permanently later.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:29 am

Tgwu wrote:
Yesterday

Up front, a loan might make sense as they look to add competition to fellow summer signing Emmanuel Latte Lath, who has made an impressive start since his arrival from Atalanta. The club have an agreement in place with Plymouth Argyle to loan out Josh Coburn for the season, but can only sanction that if they bring in another striker of their own. Therefore, with the future secured by Coburn's development, a loan in that position has merit, even if it's ultimately a player they'd have little prospect of signing permanently later.

So is schuey going to gamble and hope middlesborough sign a striker by 2300hrs on friday or is he going to start looking at the other targets on the list.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 2:20 pm

I don't think we are after the 'Boro lad. I think we are going to Lewis Dobbin the young Everton forward.

And I think it will happen today
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Don’t get all this about Coburn, he had a dodgy end of last season, Carrick doesn’t rate him yet for the Championship yet everybody seem to be having multiple orgasms over him, don’t quite understand it but if SS does that’s all that matters I suppose, I’m with grovy on this I think there’s someone else hovering.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:04 pm

tgwu mentioned him earlier in the thread the guy at west ham Divin Mubama would be ideal if we wont go sign a striker on a perm he will do on loan and get goals.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 6:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Don’t get all this about Coburn, he had a dodgy end of last season, Carrick doesn’t rate him yet for the Championship yet everybody seem to be having multiple orgasms over him, don’t quite understand it but if SS does that’s all that matters I suppose, I’m with grovy on this I think there’s someone else hovering.
jurys still out for me about this fella to I agree gaffer
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Our impressive league cup record looks set to continue for another year.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 9:38 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

what a collapse  wasnt our strongest 11 and we played a prem side after all but that worries me a tad that we cant defend anymore.  This new tactic experiment isnt work schuey time to go back to the old formation that worked last season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:34 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

what a collapse  wasnt our strongest 11 and we played a prem side after all but that worries me a tad that we cant defend anymore.  This new tactic experiment isnt work schuey time to go back to the old formation that worked last season.

Wrong thread, apologies
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 3:06 pm

The Coburn Saga could be coming to a conclusion finally, if Greenwood to ‘Boro goes through today/tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 3:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The Coburn Saga could be coming to a conclusion finally, if Greenwood to ‘Boro goes through today/tomorrow.

Mason Greenwood to middlesborough thats a brave move by them i have to say.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 5:26 pm

just heard from a mate of mine who works for the club that we are looking at 4 strikers atm.

a train driver,  a teacher, a postman and a nurse.

We should land one of those by the deadline.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 7:25 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Mason Greenwood to middlesborough thats a brave move by them i have to say.

Not Mason. Sam Greenwood from Leeds.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 7:35 am

Time fast running out to bring in a striker.  We actually need 2 strikers.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 7:48 am

And all the talk on pasoti is still about this Coburn from Middlesbrough who is not considered good enough for the Championship by Boro.  It's a worry that they are happy to loan him to another Championship club. If it happens not a good signing but I suppose better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:35 am

Freathy wrote:
And all the talk on pasoti is still about this Coburn from Middlesbrough who is not considered good enough for the Championship by Boro.  It's a worry that they are happy to loan him to another Championship club. If it happens not a good signing but I suppose better than nothing.

i rather have nothing than a guy not good enough to play here on loan in that situation.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Boro chap staying at Boro now according the Boro manager.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plan B ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 4:45 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Boro chap staying at Boro now according the Boro manager.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plan B ?
think boros bottle has gone and don’t fancy signing mason greenwood cos of the publicity there get and decided to keep him instead of the loan now
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 4:56 pm

Still think that Dobbin is our No.1 target. Another of the Goodison Park Alumni, a far better record than anyone else mentioned and ripe for a step up after a season with Derby County.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 6:57 pm

I'm glad we didn't take Coburn because Boro don't think he's good enough for them.  However, looking increasingly like he was plan Z and we are now heading into the first half of the season significantly weaker up front than we were last season.  Not good.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:11 pm

Still think we’ll be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings update from Steven Schumacher
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next