Czarcasm
Angry
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New signings update from Steven Schumacher Empty
PostSubject: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 5:36 pm

Plymouth Argyle are working hard to complete one or two more new signings before the start of the season, manager Steven Schumacher has declared.

Schumacher wants to bring in at least one more striker, and possibly a couple depending on how his squad strengthening unfolds over the coming days, as well as the finances available to him.

Schumacher has made seven signings so far this summer, with the latest one being the season-long loan of 20-year-old midfielder Lewis Warrington from Everton.

"We are still working hard to try and do them deals," said the Pilgrims' boss. "Obviously, it's getting close to the start of the season so other clubs will be making their minds up as well about what they are doing with their players.

"We are positive that we will have one or two more, but if we don't then we think we have got a decent squad as well to start the season with."

He continued: "We spoke for a while with Everton over Lewis and it got to the point where Sean Dyche is trimming his squad down and knows now what he can let go on loan.

"That will be the same, I'm guessing, with a number of the Premier League clubs because they are a week behind us in starting their season so we just have to be patient of when they are ready."

Although the season starts on August 5 the summer transfer window does not close until 11pm on Friday, September 1, so deals for players can be done up until then.

Schumacher said: "That's something we did with Sam Cosgrove last year. We started the season with Luke (Jephcott) and then he moved on and we brought in Sam.

"That's the beauty I suppose of the window, it can work for you or against you, shutting in September. If we are still looking for players throughout the start of August, that's fine.

"I think the squad is in a good position where we can handle the first few games if necessary."

Argyle's only two strikers at the moment are Ryan Hardie, last season's top goalscorer, and Ben Waine so that is an area of the squad which clearly needs attention when it comes to further Home Park arrivals.

Schumacher said: "Most certainly one, possibly two. We will have to see what we think. Waineo and Ryan have got different attributes to each other.

"If we can bring in a striker that's going to complement their attributes then that's what we will look to do. Hopefully, we can get one done, and we will see what happens with the rest. We will see how much money we have got left."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 5:40 pm

ive said it in another post but ill say it here again if we are after 4 then the majority of them will probably be loan signings and after reading that hes waiting for his targets to be made available which may indeed take it right to the wire on deadline day.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Angry wrote:
ive said it in another post but ill say it here again if we are after 4 then the majority of them will probably be loan signings and after reading that hes waiting for his targets to be made available which may indeed take it right to the wire on deadline day.

Not sure it’ll need to go to the wire, that’s nearly 5 weeks away. As Shuey says, the Prem teams are a week behind us in preparation for the season. So once they know their solid plans, we can pick up the loans we’ll need.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 6:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

Not sure it’ll need to go to the wire, that’s nearly 5 weeks away.  As Shuey says, the Prem teams are a week behind us in preparation for the season. So once they know their solid plans, we can pick up the loans we’ll need.

for youngsters certainly but if schuey wants to add experience which the squad does need then those kind of players will be made available later on when other clubs have finished up their squads and need to offload.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

Not sure it’ll need to go to the wire, that’s nearly 5 weeks away.  As Shuey says, the Prem teams are a week behind us in preparation for the season. So once they know their solid plans, we can pick up the loans we’ll need.

for youngsters certainly but if schuey wants to add experience which the squad does need then those kind of players will be made available later on when other clubs have finished up their squads and need to offload.
if that’s the case isn’t it more importance to try and get in quick for them type of signings before your left with whatever’s left over
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 2:47 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

if that’s the case isn’t it more importance to try and get in quick for them type of signings before your left with whatever’s left over

probably but there isnt alot you can do about it as if the club involved want to get their new defender in first they wont let the defender argyle wat go just incase they dont get that defender leaving them short.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:26 pm

I see that Aaron Collins nor JCH are still at their respective clubs, bit surprised at that and you never know where any of them are going to turn up
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 1:57 pm

We signed anymore of the 4 players that are needed yet ?
Don’t want to start worrying but the season starts in 4 days still very light on bodies time is ticking on now ..2 strikers & a CB needed urgent otherwise there got no option but to pack the bench with inexperienced youth players otherwise
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:51 pm

The clock is ticking, at least 1 midfielder and 1 striker required in my opinion. Sort it out Shoe E, my prediction of 23rd is starting to look optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 6:34 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The clock is ticking, at least 1 midfielder and 1 striker required in my opinion. Sort it out Shoe E, my prediction of 23rd is starting to look optimistic.

the Azaz rumours seem to have died down lately. I did see someone tried and failed to start up a Josh Maja rumour but he has since signed for WBA. I am hoping at least one of the 4 players needed signs by saturday.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:00 pm

Starting the season weaker than we finished last season in a couple of areas, particularly upfront where we are very significantly weaker is really not good.  The striker situation I'm sure will be remedied with Prem loans but highly unlikely it'll be before Saturday.  We have one effective striker in Hardie as Waine I'm afraid is not Championship standard.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
Starting the season weaker than we finished last season in a couple of areas, particularly upfront where we are very significantly weaker is really not good.  The striker situation I'm sure will be remedied with Prem loans but highly unlikely it'll be before Saturday.  We have one effective striker in Hardie as Waine I'm afraid is not Championship standard.

We don't even know if Hardie is raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We don't even know if Hardie is raised eyebrow
We're certainly not talking a 20 goal Championship striker but I'm hoping he'll bag a few this season.  I can see Morgs or Bali getting a goal on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 10:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

the Azaz rumours seem to have died down lately. I did see someone tried and failed to start up a Josh Maja rumour but he has since signed for WBA.  I am hoping at least one of the 4 players needed signs by saturday.
soon as they signed Warrington you kind of knew the Azza deal wernt gunna happen perhaps it was just a big rumour With a touch of wishful thinking throw in as well or perhaps it was to take everybody’s mind off that there were no more in coming who knows but we still seem to be a bit short specially the strikers we only have two strikers Hardie & waine plus I can’t see Hardie going the whole season without getting injured plus still think we’re short of a decent CB as well
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:21 pm

Somethings in the air. Azzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:37 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

the Azaz rumours seem to have died down lately. I did see someone tried and failed to start up a Josh Maja rumour but he has since signed for WBA.  I am hoping at least one of the 4 players needed signs by saturday.
soon as they signed Warrington you kind of knew the Azza deal wernt gunna happen perhaps it was just a big rumour With a touch of wishful thinking throw in as well or perhaps it was to take everybody’s mind off that there were no more in coming who knows but we still seem to be a bit short specially the strikers we only have two strikers Hardie & waine plus I can’t see Hardie going the whole season without getting injured plus still think we’re short of a decent CB as well

i wouldnt have said that reg as we need a central midfielder aswell hence the Warrington signing so him joining wouldnt have had a bareing on Azaz at all. However, if Azaz isnt coming back then the club need to move on and find someone else rather than hold on and it be too late to act if he doesnt come here.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Somethings in the air. Azzzzzzzz

Call out the instigators
Because there's something in the air
We got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here
And you know it's right
And you know that it's right
We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Lock up the streets and houses
Because there's something in the air
We got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here,
And you know it's right
And you know that it's right
We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

I think your right!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:22 pm

A couple of Facebook sites are saying Azza is at the ground now meant to have been spotted ..but no photos to prove it ..as of yet but that’s todays rumour on the rumour mill
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 pm

Argyle’s website gone offline

Back again must have been me!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:06 pm

Confirmed, back on a season long loan
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Confirmed,  back on a season long loan
what a touch !! cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:28 pm

So pleased to have Azaz back for another season.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:32 pm

great news hes back Very Happy even if its on another season long loan!

given its taken this long to get this deal over the line i can only assume that we couldn't agree a fee with villa to sign him on a perm which would shock me if true as i cant see them haggling too much on a price as he has little to no future at Villa despite him signing an extension to his contract so opted for another loan or we truly did spunk the majority of the transfer budget on Mumba and Whittaker and it left us with little so could only afford to sign Finn on a loan at least for now maybe the club know his contract is up next season or something i don't know.  

whatever the reasons at least hes ours again this season and that is great news Smile

Last edited by Angry on Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:36 pm

Brilliant, not sure if there may be an option to buy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 pm

Azaz, Whittaker and Mumba - by far the best loanees last season.   Really great to have Finn back again albeit on loan.  Beginning to think this wasn't happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings update from Steven Schumacher
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next