Angry
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 1:44 pm

Another midfielder (loan from Prem team) is on the cards this week, apparently.

Plus a striker who will be familiar to most.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 1:53 pm

Striker - not someone that particularly excites us then Czarcasm ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Plymouth Argyle in advanced talks to sign Wolves ace Luke Cundle.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

do we even need a midfielder we seem fully stocked atm. we need 2 strikers and a defender more than we need another midfielder.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

do we even need a midfielder we seem fully stocked atm. we need 2 strikers and a defender more than we need another midfielder.
Absolutely cos I can’t see Hardie lasting all season without getting injured that would leave just waine plus as you say another CB is a must as we saw yesterday the defence still looks a bit thin
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 6:10 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Absolutely cos I can’t see Hardie lasting all season without getting injured that would leave just waine plus as you say another CB is a must as we saw yesterday the defence still looks a bit thin

i agree Thin and not as strong as it should be. 2 are out injured which will be a common theme with those 2 this season, no idea if Pleguezuelo is injured or not too but he didnt feature yesterday so in anycase leaving us with just 2 defenders atm and having to play a makeshift formation with Edwards being the 3rd defender yet playing his usual role at times. At times we got caught out when Huddersfield broke and that could have seen us punished more so than we were if we did that against a Watford next week.

If we bring back Cosgrove great we need muscle up front but for me we need a pacey striker too . Hardie is a different kettle of fish and has his own strengths that benefit the team, but like last season the more differing options schuey has to use in different games and situations will be an asset to him so i hope by the end of the window we have that.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 6:30 pm

We need someone like Cosgrove up front it gives us options
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Hardie has his qualities which we need but strength isn't one of them as he's too easily out muscled by defenders, which happened a few times against Huddersfield. We deffo need a Cosgrove type striker but if it is to be Cosgrove himself then we would need to buy him as Birmingham aren't going to loan him to another Championship club. We also need another striker unless Schuey thinks Freddie is able to make the step up.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

seems a cert that Luke Cundle is on the way here on a season long loan.  I dont know what he is like as a player im sure he will be a success here but imoi i just dont see the logic behind us "wasting" a loan spot on another midfielder when we dont really need one still.

edited to add its now confirmed

Luke Cundle Signs on Loan
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 6:51 pm

He has plenty of Championship experience (as well as some Prem first team time) so all good.  We desperately need a striker before Saturday though.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 6:58 pm

Unlike most of the rest of our squad, he's got some decent championship experience - which is a big plus. However he seems to play in a similar position to Azaz and Callum Wright so isn't the most obvious position to strengthen given how good those two are.

Unless we've found some money down the back of the sofa to buy in a quality striker, it looks like the only striker that can come in now will be on the final loan spot. That would leave is with only 3 centre forwards, although I suppose Whitaker can play down the centre if need be. Maybe that's the idea, have someone to cover Whitaker's wide role so he can play more centrally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:25 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Unlike most of the rest of our squad, he's got some decent championship experience - which is a big plus. However he seems to play in a similar position to Azaz and Callum Wright so isn't the most obvious position to strengthen given how good those two are.

Unless we've found some money down the back of the sofa to buy in a quality striker, it looks like the only striker that can come in now will be on the final loan spot. That would leave is with only 3 centre forwards, although I suppose Whitaker can play down the centre if need be. Maybe that's the idea, have someone to cover Whitaker's wide role so he can play more centrally.

he probably could but Whitaker is best playing where he is on the left cutting inside. Im sure when Morgan gets older moving into the centre will be a natural transition right now the club should want to keep him where he is most effective and get the out and out striker soon before the clubs start jacking up the prices knowing we need one and taking advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 4:33 pm

After SS comments today I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Cosgrove arriving before the window ends
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:49 pm

Graiser wrote:
After SS comments today I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Cosgrove arriving before the window ends

says he only wants one more signing a striker which is good we need one and i guess hes going to be using issaka and whittaker inthe middle at times too to boast the options however i truly hope hes pulling a bluff cause if we go into the new year playing russian roulette with the defenders we have and with their injury records and 2 are already injured we may pay the price for it. we need another defender too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 9:03 pm

Rumour doing rounds Cosgrove could back coming back ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 9:06 pm

Graiser wrote:

That is the rumour doing the rounds at the moment, I'd be happy with him back for another season.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 10:07 pm

I thought we may have done better than him
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 9:00 am

Graiser wrote:
I thought we may have done better than him

I’m inclined to agree.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 10:01 am

Really can't see Birmingham loaning a player to another Championship club.  It wouldn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 10:40 am

Freathy wrote:
Really can't see Birmingham loaning a player to another Championship club.  It wouldn't make any sense.

wouldnt be unheard off, he wouldnt be allowed to play against them in anycase unless they are stupid enough like we were with seip to blackpool all those years ago to have that clause removed so it wouldnt affect them.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 3:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

wouldnt be unheard off, he wouldnt be allowed to play against them in anycase unless they are stupid enough like we were with seip to blackpool all those years ago to have that clause removed so it wouldnt affect them.
remember it well Stapleton & daughter giving seip the thumbs up after he scored ..that’s why the next home game when fletcher scored him and mackie gave the the board the famous thumbs up ..more like two fingers up to the board
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 4:07 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

remember it well Stapleton & daughter  giving seip the thumbs up after he scored ..that’s why the next home game when fletcher scored him and mackie gave the the board the famous thumbs up ..more like two fingers up to the board

i liked seip as a defender but he married into a family of total bellends.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

remember it well Stapleton & daughter  giving seip the thumbs up after he scored ..that’s why the next home game when fletcher scored him and mackie gave the the board the famous thumbs up ..more like two fingers up to the board

yeah weren’t a bad defender but yeah how’s he married her with her form let’s just say he weren’t the first player Smile  plus I believe old man Stapleton signed him to a new 12 grand A week deal rumoured at the time ..talking about keeping it in the family ..no wonder we went bankrupt
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 4:51 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

yeah weren’t a bad defender but yeah how’s he married her with her form let’s just say he weren’t the first player Smile  plus I believe old man Stapleton signed him to a new 12 grand A week deal rumoured at the time ..talking about keeping it in the family ..no wonder we went bankrupt

oh she got passed around the players locker room like a can of lynx that much is true. It always makes me laugh when i see staplewallet and seip at home park for games knowing they played their part in our fall from grace due to nepotism and poor business sense.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

oh she got passed around the players locker room like a can of lynx that much is true. It always makes me laugh when i see staplewallet and seip at home park for games knowing they played their part in our fall from grace due to nepotism and poor business sense.

Didn’t realise Seip lived in this country
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings update from Steven Schumacher
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next