Angry
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Still think we’ll be in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow

cant see it being anything exciting village just another kid on loan that we hope comes good for us this season or cosgrove.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 9:15 pm

UPDATE: COBURN DEAL OFF
31/08/23

Well, we finally have our first ‘five star’ rumour fail to come to fruition. Argyle have been linked with Coburn all window, and it appeared last week that a deal was imminent following reports in Football Insider that terms had been agreed. However, despite reports in Teeside Live today that a deal with Argyle had been agreed in principle, it now seems that parent club Middlesbrough have reneged on the deal.

In a press conference today, Boro manager Michael Carrick was quoted as saying “Josh is staying with us. It’s important for us as a club to look after our younger players, especially the ones coming through and develop and put them in the right place at the right time. Sometimes the right pathway changes.

“Coming back in pre-season, it was a case of getting to know Josh a bit more and deciding whether he went on loan or not, it was about what’s best for Josh and what’s best for us as a group and a squad. Over time it’s been pretty clear what Josh can bring. He’s back fit, looking really strong, we’re delighted to have him and all round it’s the best decision to have him with us.”

These quotes are confusing, given that a deal in principle was clearly agreed with Argyle less than a week ago. It is perhaps the case that Middlesbrough’s poor start to the season has led to a swift reappraisal of their targets for the campaign. They may now view Argyle as a genuine divisional rival, and have opted therefore to prevent Coburn from moving to Home Park.

In any case, Argyle will have to revert to a new plan for their final signing of the summer. Bringing in another striker will surely be a priority heading into deadline day tomorrow.

Source: Teeside Live
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 7:53 am

Focus today will be getting the excuses lined up ready
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:45 am

Freathy wrote:
Focus today will be getting the excuses lined up ready

gaging the feeling on line i hope the club dont do its usual on deadline day and post all its advertising stuff to wind up the fans waiting on transfer news.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 2:01 pm

Tick tock Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 3:13 pm

Just seen Peter Odenwingie sat in his car in the Home Park car park!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 3:23 pm

Just seen  ladapo in Nando’s top of town having lunch with dewsnip & parky…I kid you not
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 3:55 pm

is anyone we get now going to be seen as a panic singing now? this is not good from the clubs recruitment team when we have needed a striker since the very beginning of the summer break especially more so when Ennis left.

We cant go till janaury with Hardie and Waine alone. Issaka shouldnt be put in a postition where too much is expected of him too soon and thats if he plays as a striker and not a winger/striker.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 4:00 pm

Blackburn have signed a striker, bet he plays for them tomorrow.

Blackburn sign German striker
German striker Semir Telalovic, 23, has joined Blackburn from Bundesliga side Borussia Mӧnchengladbach for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal, with the option of an additional 12 months. CREDIT: PL
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 4:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Blackburn have signed a striker, bet he plays for them tomorrow.

Blackburn sign German striker
German striker Semir Telalovic, 23, has joined Blackburn from Bundesliga side Borussia Mӧnchengladbach for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal, with the option of an additional 12 months. CREDIT: PL

Ennis back on loan?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 6:06 pm

Angry wrote:
is anyone we get now going to be seen as a panic singing now? this is not good from the clubs recruitment team when we have needed a striker since the very beginning of the summer break especially more so when Ennis left.

We cant go till janaury with Hardie and Waine alone. Issaka shouldnt be put in a postition where too much is expected of him too soon and thats if he plays as a striker and not a winger/striker.
absolutely could ruin the poor kid’s career before it’s even started what I’ve seen of him I like and could became a good player but his still to young and need to handled with care and gradually learn his trade just slinging him In ain’t the way to go they done that to Matt le conte a few years ago ruined him ..plus they knew all pre season they needed a couple of striker’s & knowingly didn’t address it maybe they spent the most of the budget bringing Whittaker & mumba who knows but they knew that department was a bit thin to well prior to the start of the season
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 6:36 pm

If there’s anyone at Argyle who’ll go to bed with a smile on his face tonight if we don’t sign a striker….it’s Freddie Issaka.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 6:44 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

absolutely could ruin the poor kid’s career before it’s even started what I’ve seen of him I like and could became a  good player but his still to young and need to handled with care and gradually learn his trade just slinging him In ain’t the way to go they done that to Matt le conte a few years ago ruined him ..plus they knew all pre season they needed a couple of striker’s & knowingly didn’t address it maybe they spent the most of the budget bringing Whittaker & mumba who knows but they knew that department was a bit thin to well prior to the start of the season

le conte is a great example of rushing a top youth prospect and ruining them and there are others like him in different ways harvey, rooney and in some cases but not as much jephcott. All had great potential all now either out of the game through injury or in the non leagues with part time jobs. Jephcott is playing in scotland.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 7:05 pm

Abject failure by the club.  Leaves us right up shit creek.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Starting to look like we will be looking at out of contract players next week.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 7:58 pm

we all know who is to blame for this dont we. Saudi Arabia buying up all our targets Sad
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: L   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Starting to look like we will be looking at out of contract players next week.
that no one else wanted basically or there’d have already been snap up already before the season started.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:23 pm

Steven Schumache, I was in contact with Michael this week and he said to me 'Look, our plans have changed and we are going to keep him in'. When you are the club trying to get a loan player that's just how it is. I wouldn't say in hindsight I wish I had done something different because I think he would have complemented our team.

"But now he's not coming then it's no big drama. We will move onto the next target, which we have already got that plan in place and hopefully we can get over the line today."

Plymouth are expected to instead sign Sam Cosgrove from Birmingham City after the striker spent last season on loan at Home Park and netted 12 goals as they won promotion from League One.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:27 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Steven Schumache, I was in contact with Michael this week and he said to me 'Look, our plans have changed and we are going to keep him in'. When you are the club trying to get a loan player that's just how it is. I wouldn't say in hindsight I wish I had done something different because I think he would have complemented our team.

"But now he's not coming then it's no big drama. We will move onto the next target, which we have already got that plan in place and hopefully we can get over the line today."

Plymouth are expected to instead sign Sam Cosgrove from Birmingham City after the striker spent last season on loan at Home Park and netted 12 goals as they won promotion from League One.

if they knew then he wasnt coming then its pisspoor from the club to wait till now to execute their plan b and what a tag line to stick on whoever they sign now if anyone you werent our first choice... Cosgrove would be great addition but we really needed speed up front aswell as someone like cosgrove...

I hope we can do ok till january result and performance wise so we can address this then.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:49 pm

Cosgrove is Barnsley bound according to various online sources
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Here we go then…..
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 8:55 pm

apparently they have an incoming soon.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Mustapha Bundu a striker from anderlecht who plays for Sierra Leone.... On a perm deal also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

never heard of him either  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustapha_Bundu this might help i guess.  

welcome to the club be interesting to see who he is and what he can do. Seems to be a bit of a come down for his career to have started at cornish giants Newquay and end up here though Very Happy

at least this leaves us with a loan spot come january which will be very handy providing we dont sign someone else later which i dont think we will.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 9:10 pm

No-one saw this coming!! But thank f*** we signed a striker!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 9:11 pm

Played for Newquay so should settle in well !

We’ll done Argyle no beggar seen that coming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New signings update from Steven Schumacher   New signings update from Steven Schumacher - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New signings update from Steven Schumacher
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next