PlymptonPilgrim
Angry
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Argyle can look where they like, just wish they’d pull their finger out the suspense is killing!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 5:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
Argyle can look where they like, just wish they’d pull their finger out the suspense is killing!

window only opened yesterday dont be a freathy lol
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 6:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

window only opened yesterday dont be a freathy lol

Perish that thought!
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 8:05 am

Well the Scott Arfield “discussions with Argyle” didn’t come to pass - he’s signed for the MLS.
Shame as he is an excellent midfield playmaker who could have brought some class and experience to the team.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 2:41 pm

We signed any one yet or what ? Not one player signed yet of the 9 needed at least ..need to liven up other clubs seems to be doing buisness already or we gunna go with our usual carefree approach of not really giving a shit scraping the bottom of the barrel signings …that reminds me remember them Whitehawk FC cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 6:39 pm

Careful Reg, you'll be persecuted as a Hallett unbeliever.

Half of the signings will be loans so they may not arrive until closer to the start of the season.  Still need 4 or 5 permanent signings which is a tall order with time fast running out before the start of pre-season training.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 8:06 pm

Argyles first signing of the season last year was Matt Butcher….

….on June 20th.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 8:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

….on June 20th.

freathy's mind works differently to everyone elses.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 11:38 am

There's a summer xfer window rumours thread on Pasoti which is now up to 43 pages of absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 2:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

….on June 20th.

The trouble this season freathy will get more results right
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 2:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

….on June 20th.

The trouble this season freathy will get more results right

he orobably will be most have common sense and know next season will be hard and the chances are we will loose more than we win so everyone is in with shot with the prediction league
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Maybe more from across the border in very sunny Scotland, Jambo Pasty could be our scout.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 8:45 am

Not sure about being a scout Seadog and I’m certainly not an itk person but there are plenty of excellent players in the Scottish game that, more recently, get grouped into the “Scottish football is crap” mentality and so are wrongly dismissed.

As I’m sure you deduced Seadog from my moniker, I am a Hearts supporter (Jambo being the collective name for a Hearts’ supporter). Despite living in rural Hampshire these days I have a season ticket at Tynecastle and try to attend as many games as I can.

There are similarities with Hearts & Argyle - both recently faced extinction and having to compete against clubs with vastly superior revenues. Hearts went down the fan ownership route and so are now the largest fan owned club in the UK. The key advantage English clubs have is the TV money. Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland and yet we increasingly are competing against Argyle, Pompey, FGR, etc... for players. Nowadays L1, L2 clubs can pay players more as the TV money in Scotland is absolutely minuscule compared to England. What we can offer them is game time, European games, realistic Cup runs (been in 3 of the last 5 Scottish cup finals), more media exposure and living in a beautiful city.

Argyle will have a comparatively small budget this season and so I would imagine will be going down the same routes as Hearts for players - “Released players with potential” - we’ve recently brought in the likes of Beningeme (ex-Everton), Cochrane (ex-Brighton), “Academy” although we are experiencing more and more of our 16yo stars are being snapped up by English & Italian clubs (Marc Leonard - Brighton, Ewan Simpson - Aston Villa, Aaron Hickey - Bologna & now Brentford), “Australasia” (we have 3 current Australian international players at Hearts and a Japanese U21). I think this year we are also looking to South America for potential signings. We have only tended to have 2-3 loaners per season - indeed Alex Cochrane was a Brighton loanee we made perm. We hope we might be able to cash in 1-2 players this transfer window.

One player whose contract has just expired at Hearts that Argyle should be looking at is Josh Ginnelly. We have offered him a new contract but he’s reportedly got several Championship clubs after him. Hearts are hoping he values stability, happiness and quality of life so he re-signs. He’s a confidence player and we’ve put him in a new role that he’s thrived in (upfront centrally rather than on the wing). He is really enjoying life and developed a great partnership with Shankland combining for 40 goals this season.

My Argyle credentials come from the fact I was born in Tavy but lived on the other side of the Tamar. My parents divorced when I was very young and my mother took us back to her home city of Edinburgh. All school holidays were spent in Cornwall with my father and so I would go along to watch games at Home Park. Jim Furnell was still in goals in those days so I go back a far way.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 9:03 am

I neglected to mention in my previous diatribe that I do still go to watch the odd Argyle game - most recently away at Pompey but also Stevenage, Leyton , Northampton, Oxford and several others incl Wembley for the play-offs. I’m sure I will manage the Southampton game this coming season
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 9:23 am

Our last championship forays into scottish football were not very successful. Williamson made a few signings but Crawford, Milne and Makel all disappeared very quickly, Lasley couldn't get in the team, the only good one was Doumbe although it has to be said he was an important player in our relative success in the ccc. Sturrock made a string of signings who were average at best-Gow, Patterson, Clark etc-and Adams signed quite a few players whose names have evaporated from the memory although Carey and Ness were good. Maybe the standard in Scotland has improved since those times,Bristol City have signed a couple of players from north of the border in the pre season-the friendly between Argyle and Hearts [remember seeing them at HP years ago,0-0 draw i think] may give some sort of indication of relative standards.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 10:55 am

Yeah the preseason game should be fun - there’s normally around 200-300 Jambos that turn up for the training camp friendlies. I say that but one friendly (can’t remember if last year or year before) against a Spanish team ended up being abandoned after 30 mins after the players started scrapping cos of a juicey tackle !!
Hopefully we get players in early but nature of the beast being many players we target hold out towards the end of the window before committing. This doesn’t allow for much preseason bonding and formation work prior to us having to compete in the Europa Conference League qualifiers. Last season we were in the EC League and had great fun in Zurich, Riga, Istanbul and Florence against Fiorentina.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 3:09 pm

Fingers crossed for the Jam Tarts and Argyle this season.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 10:38 am

Oludare Olufunwa, 21, is set to leave Liverpool on a free transfer and Argyle are among the clubs to have registered an interest in him, according to Football Insider journalist Pete O'Rourke.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Oludare Olufunwa, 21, is set to leave Liverpool on a free transfer and Argyle are among the clubs to have registered an interest in him, according to Football Insider journalist Pete O'Rourke.
Get the impression he's never played a game at first team level in any division in his career.  And Bristol Rovers are also interested.  Not looking good is it.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2023 9:51 am

Olufunwa seems like a “develop for the future” IF Argyle are interested. Not a LFC player I’ve heard of and only 8 U21 games before being released doesn’t augur well imo.
One that has got away - didn’t realise he was available was Connor Shaughnessy. He had a loan at Hearts as a young CB. Did really well but Leeds wouldn’t sell him to us at the time. He’s now signed for Pompey.
One that apparently is available and I would thoroughly recommend is striker Ellis Simms at Everton. He had a loan season at Hearts and was very impressive - have a look at his goal in the Scottish Cup semi against Hibs a couple of seasons ago on YouTube. Absolute thunderbolt. We wanted him for another season but EFC decided to loan him to Sunderland. He been playing a Everton first team towards the end of season. It’s reported 3 clubs have registered their interest to buy him (Ipswich the only club named). I think he would be excellent in the Championship
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 9:06 am

The latest Swansea City news, views and transfer gossip making headlines on Wednesday, June 21

Swansea City transfer news as Michael Duff backed to lead play-off push and Plymouth Argyle hold talks amid Whittaker interest

Plymouth Argyle have held talks with some of the players they had at Home Park on loan last season amid confirmed interest in Swansea striker Morgan Whittaker.

The forward spent the first half of last term in Devon and was a hit on and off the pitch. He was recalled by Swansea in January but failed to make an impact back in south Wales. Pilgrims boss Steven Schumacher has already admitted they'd like to re-sign the former Derby man and director of football Neil Dewsnip has now confirmed their recruitment has ramped up to include talks with those who spent time with the club last term.

"Some of those conversations were stopped dead, some of them are very much alive," said Dewsnip, who did not get into the specifics.

Argyle made six loan signings last season - Finn Azaz, Sam Cosgrove, Nigel Lonwijk, Jay Matete, Bali Mumba and Whittaker.

Dewsnip told our colleagues at Plymouth Live: "I would love one or two of them, if not more, to return. They all have different circumstances.

"We have already talked about the possibility of some of them returning. Some of those conversations were stopped dead, some of them are very much alive."
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 11:07 am

i would move mountains to bring Azaz, Cosgrove and Whittaker back here on perm deals. Not to take away from Lonwijk who i think will be a class defender in the years to come and his year here will help with that no end but our defence needs championship ready now players not in 1-2 years time, mumba is just not an option sadly and matete i liked him but i would rather we found a lilian nalis esq midfielder more so as thats what we need and i dont see Matete doing what he did for us in the championship.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 12:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Argyle made six loan signings last season - Finn Azaz, Sam Cosgrove, Nigel Lonwijk, Jay Matete, Bali Mumba and Whittaker.

Dewsnip told our colleagues at Plymouth Live: "I would love one or two of them, if not more, to return. They all have different circumstances.

"We have already talked about the possibility of some of them returning. Some of those conversations were stopped dead, some of them are very much alive."

Mumba talks clearly one of those

Hope Whittaker and Azaz talks come under the very much alive category

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 12:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Mumba talks clearly one of those

Hope Whittaker and Azaz talks come under the very much alive category

would that be a shock to anyone really? Mumba im sure after the season he had will be given the chance to make an impact on the norwich first team im sure so they wouldnt entertain another loan out or permanent transfer from anyone at least not yet pending on how he does.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 1:49 pm

Chris Sutton talked about Mumba on Radio5 about 6 weeks ago. From what he said it was clear he would be in the first team squad next season-as an attacker/winger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next