Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?

Go down 
+13
Tgwu
Coxside_Green
Hugh Midde
Graiser
VillageGreen
Freathy
Rickler
Les Miserable
Greenskin
RegGreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Grovehill
PlymptonPilgrim
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 10:46 am

NB the usual suspects please take note: These are only RUMOURS not FACTS at this time so all to be taken with a pinch of salt and not used as an excuse to moan about budgets or lack of ambition if any or all don't materialize...

So far the 'Earld has us linked with....  

Swansea City defender Joel Latibeaudiere (free transfer)
Burton Albion midfielder Terry Taylor (free transfer)
Ipswich Town and Tunisia midfielder Idris El Mizouni who was at Leyton Orient on loan (possible fee)


Its worth asking the question to all should the club be looking abroad aswell for players using the same method of data and analytics we use now alongside old school scouting? i know they seem to like looking at Australia and Ireland but i was think more in and around central Europe ie France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain etc etc where there are bigger ponds to fish in and land a special catch or two that could be found rather than just looking in the same ponds over here all the time and Australia and Ireland. Work Permits are easy for EU nationals to get (within reason) to come here so that wouldn't be an issue so in your opinion is it worth expanding our reach when it comes to finding talent?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2592
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 11:11 am

I wouldn't be too upset with those players signing. Chris Errington has named them as well, he doesn't get a lot wrong, although it is early days yet.

As for foreign players, we haven't had many but those that have been here have been quality. Friio and Larrieu, the 3 Hungarians, and more recently, Lumeiras all made significant contributions to the club.

If they're out there available and they fit to what we need then go for it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2247
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 12:58 pm

Several of last season's loans came from Championship clubs who will be reluctant to loan to a "rival" this season. Unless we get 5 loanees form the premiership, we will have to look further afield.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully


Posts : 962
Join date : 2012-04-24

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Given out location is often a hinderance to signing English players, I've often wonder if we should try and take advantage of our location more and look to sign some players from Northern France or even Spain, after all they're just a ferry ride away from Plymouth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
RegGreen




Posts : 5908
Join date : 2015-07-08

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 6:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Several of last season's loans came from Championship clubs who will be reluctant to loan to a "rival" this season. Unless we get 5 loanees form the premiership, we will have to look further afield.
unless they agree to pay a higher percentage towards there wages
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 pm

Fairly sure that one of the backroom team, may have been Dewsnip, mentioned awhile back that Argyle were indeed thinking about European markets for recruitment. May not necessarily need to be from one of the bigger countries, there may well be some talent in countries such as Austria or Rumania capable of playing in the championship.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7481
Join date : 2014-03-30

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 10:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Fairly sure that one of the backroom team, may have been Dewsnip, mentioned awhile back that Argyle were indeed thinking about European markets for recruitment. May not necessarily need to be from one of the bigger countries, there may well be some talent in countries such as Austria or Rumania capable of playing in the championship.

There can't be many 18 to 35 year old men left in Romania.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler


Posts : 6523
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 1:33 am

Angry wrote:

Its worth asking the question to all should the club be looking abroad aswell for players using the same method of data and analytics we use now alongside old school scouting? i know they seem to like looking at Australia and Ireland but i was think more in and around central Europe ie France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain etc etc where there are bigger ponds to fish in and land a special catch or two that could be found rather than just looking in the same ponds over here all the time and Australia and Ireland. Work Permits are easy for EU nationals to get (within reason) to come here so that wouldn't be an issue so in your opinion is it worth expanding our reach when it comes to finding talent?

Not true post Brexit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel."


This is being revised to make things slightly easier, however... Argyle will find it hard to discover eligible players who are not on somebody's radar!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7079
Join date : 2011-05-12

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 2:09 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Its worth asking the question to all should the club be looking abroad aswell for players using the same method of data and analytics we use now alongside old school scouting? i know they seem to like looking at Australia and Ireland but i was think more in and around central Europe ie France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain etc etc where there are bigger ponds to fish in and land a special catch or two that could be found rather than just looking in the same ponds over here all the time and Australia and Ireland. Work Permits are easy for EU nationals to get (within reason) to come here so that wouldn't be an issue so in your opinion is it worth expanding our reach when it comes to finding talent?

Not true post Brexit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
• Senior and youth international appearances
• Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
• Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel."


This is being revised to make things slightly easier, however...  Argyle will find it hard to discover eligible players who are not on somebody's radar!
So that particular avenue for new signings is pretty much closed off then.  More benefits of Bozo's "sunlight uplands of brexit".  The biggest act of self harm any country could possibly inflict on itself.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 1:36 pm

I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 4:09 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5908
Join date : 2015-07-08

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:15 pm

We signed anyone yet ?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 6:21 pm

The silence is deafening but the avalanche of new signings is nearly upon us!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 7:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
The silence is deafening but the avalanche of new signings is nearly upon us!

i prefer that way i rather they did their buisness on the quiet without everything being leaked everywhere especially in the old days on the farm by a bathing ape who was sloops son i recall.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7079
Join date : 2011-05-12

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 7:56 pm

Schuey better pull his finger out.  Need at least 8 or 9 new players.  As good as if not better replacements for:
Niall Ennis
James Bolton
Conor Grant
Danny Mayor
Bali Mumba
Jay Matete
Sam Cosgrove
Finn Azaz
Also need to replace Adam Parkes

We're (very understandably) bookies early favourites for the drop.  Probably still will be favourites even after we've made all our signings.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 8:03 pm

Freathy wrote:
Schuey better pull his finger out.  Need at least 8 or 9 new players.  As good as if not better replacements for:
Niall Ennis
James Bolton
Conor Grant
Danny Mayor
Bali Mumba
Jay Matete
Sam Cosgrove
Finn Azaz
Also need to replace Adam Parkes

We're (very understandably) bookies early favourites for the drop.  Probably still will be favourites even after we've made all our signings.

FOR fecks SAKE....... Honestly Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


PS we already have replaced parkes one of the YTS that turned pro with an contract offer Zak Baker is a goalie.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5908
Join date : 2015-07-08

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 11:21 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Schuey better pull his finger out.  Need at least 8 or 9 new players.  As good as if not better replacements for:
Niall Ennis
James Bolton
Conor Grant
Danny Mayor
Bali Mumba
Jay Matete
Sam Cosgrove
Finn Azaz
Also need to replace Adam Parkes

We're (very understandably) bookies early favourites for the drop.  Probably still will be favourites even after we've made all our signings.

FOR fecks SAKE....... Honestly  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing


PS we already have replaced parkes one of the YTS that turned pro with an contract offer Zak Baker is a goalie.
take with a pinch of salt the bookies had us at 25-1 last year…but you will see different kind of quality at this level ..just hope Mr Chairman & the board buy into it
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.


They are bound to be on the ball even while on holiday, which would be good. Names banded about and all that, possible contact with players/agents by another on behalf of Shuey/Dewsnip. Just the waiting that does you in.

I see we are favourites for relegation so I read in the local rag.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 1010
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The Happy Isles where nobody grows old

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 3:42 pm

Freathy wrote:
So that particular avenue for new signings is pretty much closed off then.  More benefits of Bozo's "sunlight uplands of brexit".  The biggest act of self harm any country could possibly inflict on itself.

But it could mean that a citizen of....

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
this fortress built by nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men might get a
fecking job that might otherwise go abroad.

W S

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 3:58 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.


They are bound to be on the ball even while on holiday, which would be good. Names banded about and all that, possible contact with players/agents by another on behalf of Shuey/Dewsnip. Just the waiting that does you in.

I see we are favourites for relegation so I read in the local rag.

im sure they have their targets and have irons in the fire ready to pick up once the players are back and ready to talk. I am also postitive that we have pre season games all but confirmed ready to announced very soon too.

We will be faves to go down even if we signed up all of our targets now still its how bookies work. Im expecting a relegation dog fight next season regardless though given how tough this league is
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2247
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 4:45 pm

No wonder we are not announcing any new signings yet- we have to compete with the Saudi's and Inter Miami. If it wasn't for them deals for Messi, Bellingham and Benzema would have been sorted by now!

As it is we will now be reduced to signing players who can't get in the first team with their current clubs.


Last edited by Grovehill on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 5:10 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.


They are bound to be on the ball even while on holiday, which would be good. Names banded about and all that, possible contact with players/agents by another on behalf of Shuey/Dewsnip. Just the waiting that does you in.

I see we are favourites for relegation so I read in the local rag.

im sure they have their targets and have irons in the fire ready to pick up once the players are back and ready to talk. I am also postitive that we have pre season games all but confirmed ready to announced very soon too.

We will be faves to go down even if we signed up all of our targets now still its how bookies work. Im expecting a relegation dog fight next season regardless though given how tough this league is

Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2247
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 5:16 pm

Freathy wrote:
Schuey better pull his finger out.  Need at least 8 or 9 new players.  As good as if not better replacements for:
Niall Ennis
James Bolton
Conor Grant
Danny Mayor
Bali Mumba
Jay Matete
Sam Cosgrove
Finn Azaz
Also need to replace Adam Parkes

We're (very understandably) bookies early favourites for the drop.  Probably still will be favourites even after we've made all our signings.

3 struggled for fitness/injury and another was only at the club for 4 months!

4 fully fit players would cover all of them!



As for bookies odds, last season we were never favourites to go up until it was a mathamatical certainty!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.


They are bound to be on the ball even while on holiday, which would be good. Names banded about and all that, possible contact with players/agents by another on behalf of Shuey/Dewsnip. Just the waiting that does you in.

I see we are favourites for relegation so I read in the local rag.

im sure they have their targets and have irons in the fire ready to pick up once the players are back and ready to talk. I am also postitive that we have pre season games all but confirmed ready to announced very soon too.

We will be faves to go down even if we signed up all of our targets now still its how bookies work. Im expecting a relegation dog fight next season regardless though given how tough this league is
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 9:29 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I hate this time of the year from the season end to when the fixtures are released, friendlies announced.

Lots of speculation on certain players that may come to Argyle. We will have weeks of this no doubt, I trust Shuey and Dewsnip in bringing in players that will add to the squad when it eventually happens.

i persume like with most of our summer transfers they will start to springing up once players start arriving back from their holidays which usually starts around mid to late June. With that said Schuey and Dewsnip will also be on their richly deserved holidays too so no doubt their plans in motion ready to act apon when they return too.


They are bound to be on the ball even while on holiday, which would be good. Names banded about and all that, possible contact with players/agents by another on behalf of Shuey/Dewsnip. Just the waiting that does you in.

I see we are favourites for relegation so I read in the local rag.

im sure they have their targets and have irons in the fire ready to pick up once the players are back and ready to talk. I am also postitive that we have pre season games all but confirmed ready to announced very soon too.

We will be faves to go down even if we signed up all of our targets now still its how bookies work. Im expecting a relegation dog fight next season regardless though given how tough this league is


Agree with the relegation dog fight. Just got to hope that Argyle will just about have enough in the tank to avoid a swift return to L1.

The 2023-2024 season is going to be a long old journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.
» TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY ARGYLE TRANSFER NEWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
» Transfer window
» Employee off sick but is abroad
» Silly rumors that start on twitter and get believed by some FV1886 freaks

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: