Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptySun May 09, 2021 11:11 am

With end of a season come The start of the summer long silly season!!

I have no doubt some beard on pasoti right now will cream themselves linking kanu or David James to Argyle as fact for the 20th year in a row while bringing up the time they conned a journalist into thinking Argyle where linked with Daniel Pasoti etc etc


instead of falling into that boring predictable shite trap lets do it right. What little birds have you sang you a song about a rumored player we are linked too and where did you here it and you and we can rated it out of 5 for probability. Lets see who gets the most right/wrong first inn a sort of predictions league if you will.

NB: OF COURSE ALL RUMOURS ARE NOT FACTS till proven.


Last edited by Angry on Sun May 09, 2021 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptySun May 09, 2021 11:12 am

I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

Ordinarily that sort of striker would be ideal to be linked with atm I cant see that materializing myself seeing as we bought 2 strikers in january in Ennis and Hardie and vastly overrate Jephcott after his purple patch.
I do see another striker coming in though but i cant see Paul wanting to come here and compete with 3 other strikers we recently invested in.

i give this rumor a 2/5
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyMon May 10, 2021 6:17 am

Angry wrote:
I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

Ordinarily that sort of striker would be ideal to be linked with atm I cant see that materializing myself seeing as we bought 2 strikers in january in Ennis and Hardie and vastly overrate Jephcott after his purple patch.
I do see another striker coming in though but i cant see Paul wanting to come here and compete with 3 other strikers we recently invested in.

i give this rumor a 2/5
Nor can I for the same reasons you give
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyMon May 10, 2021 8:44 am

Taribo West to replace Sawyer?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyMon May 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Might not happen soon, but ex Argyle loanee Paul Gallagher has been appointed first team coach at PNE

When Argyle are next looking for a manager, he will be near the top of the list for people who think the best qualification to be Argyle manager is having played for the club in the past
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12963
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 8:49 am

Angry wrote:
I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

i give this rumor a 2/5

Cambridge United head of football Ben Strang accepts that it will be down to  Paul Mullin to extend his stays with the club.

He has been instrumental in United’s success this season, he was nominated for the League Two Player of the Season award, which Mullin went on to win.
He was named in the League Two Team of the Year,

Mullin has had a prolific season for the U’s, breaking both League Two and Cambridge United goalscoring records, with 34 strikes to his name this season.

Strang is understandably keen to keep the League Two top goalscorer for next season, but acknowledged that the forward is in “fantastic position” heading into the summer transfer window.

“We put a contract offer in front of Paul at the start of this season for longer than the year that he signed. It was at a financial level that he wasn’t prepared to commit longer term, so he put himself in the shop window,” the head of football said.

“What better way to put yourself in the shop window than scoring 32 league goals. He’s put himself in a fantastic position.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 9:28 am

We (ie the Club) shouldn't even be thinking of signing another forward until we work out how to get Jephcott performing at his best on a consistent basis.

To waste a rare home grown talent would be little short of criminal.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
We (ie the Club) shouldn't even be thinking of signing another forward until we work out how to get Jephcott performing at his best on a consistent basis.

To waste a rare  home grown talent would be little short of criminal.

agreed and its bottom of the list for areas that need attention during the summer months. I do think however we would benefit greatly from having a tall bulky striker in a Akinfenwa mold but maybe a tad younger and a tad faster to give us options and a fresh approach to make an impact when brought on in games but again its not a dire need over the defence mainly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 1:09 pm

I think the trouble with Lowe is that he is too stubborn to relent on his "brand" of football. Any other manager would have played the whole team around Jephcott yet Jephcott has had to try and slot in to the tippy, tappy game which really doesn't suit him, Lowe has coached his style out of him IMO.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'll start

on twitter journalist Alan Nixon (his twitter) who usually on the ball with his whispers suggests we along with brizzle rovers are interested in Cambridge Utd striker Paul Mullin. Scored 32 goals this season.

i give this rumor a 2/5

Cambridge United head of football Ben Strang accepts that it will be down to  Paul Mullin to extend his stays with the club.

He has been instrumental in United’s success this season, he was nominated for the League Two Player of the Season award, which Mullin went on to win.
He was named in the League Two Team of the Year,

Mullin has had a prolific season for the U’s, breaking both League Two and Cambridge United goalscoring records, with 34 strikes to his name this season.

Strang is understandably keen to keep the League Two top goalscorer for next season, but acknowledged that the forward is in “fantastic position” heading into the summer transfer window.

“We put a contract offer in front of Paul at the start of this season for longer than the year that he signed. It was at a financial level that he wasn’t prepared to commit longer term, so he put himself in the shop window,” the head of football said.

“What better way to put yourself in the shop window than scoring 32 league goals. He’s put himself in a fantastic position.

Makes me laugh, every year we get linked with the hottest property in league 2, next will be a story about how Us, Peterborough and Swindon are all in the chase for the highly rated prospect and in a months time he will sign for Swindon.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12963
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Ryan Lowe is ‘99 per cent sure’ that player-of-the-year Joe Edwards, Conor Grant and Danny Mayor will sign new deals with Plymouth Argyle this summer.

The trio have contracts which run out later this summer and Lowe is keen to see them continue as ‘a big part of us going forward’.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5245
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 61
Location : Tavistock area

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I think the trouble with Lowe is that he is too stubborn to relent on his "brand" of football. Any other manager would have played the whole team around Jephcott yet Jephcott has had to try and slot in to the tippy, tappy game which really doesn't suit him, Lowe has coached his style out of him IMO.

Seems rather strange in that case that Jephcott scored 18 goals in 25 games in the first half of the season under Lowe and his apparently intransigent style of football.Not sure what happened to Jephcott but it would seem a bit simplistic to state that tactics and style are the sole reasons for the decline in his output.What style would you advocate in it's place? I'm no tactical expert but a change to knocking the ball into channels or over the top certainly wouldn't be of benefit to Jephcott.It could be speculated that Jephcotts head was turned by all of the £3m transfer talk in January,maybe he felt the pace of a first season in professional football which is by no means uncommon,maybe he was carrying an injury-who really knows?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Jephcott ended the season as 10 highest scorer in L1 with 16 goals from 49 shots.

The rest of the team don't even get that percentage of shots on target!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I think the trouble with Lowe is that he is too stubborn to relent on his "brand" of football. Any other manager would have played the whole team around Jephcott yet Jephcott has had to try and slot in to the tippy, tappy game which really doesn't suit him, Lowe has coached his style out of him IMO.

Seems rather strange in that case that Jephcott scored 18 goals in 25 games in the first half of the season under Lowe and his apparently intransigent style of football.Not sure what happened to Jephcott but it would seem a bit simplistic to state that tactics and style are the sole reasons for the decline in his output.What style would you advocate in it's place? I'm no tactical expert but a change to knocking the ball into channels or over the top certainly wouldn't be of benefit to Jephcott.It could be speculated that Jephcotts head was turned by all of the £3m transfer talk in January,maybe he felt the pace of a first season in professional football which is by no means uncommon,maybe he was carrying an injury-who really knows?
That’s probably the more common sense answer
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6353
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Jephcott ended the season as 10 highest scorer in L1 with 16 goals from 49 shots.

The rest of the team don't even get that percentage of shots on target!

For a man who regularly takes the piss out of the use of data by Argyle, you sure use it a lot to make your points...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8497
Join date : 2017-09-09

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I think the trouble with Lowe is that he is too stubborn to relent on his "brand" of football. Any other manager would have played the whole team around Jephcott yet Jephcott has had to try and slot in to the tippy, tappy game which really doesn't suit him, Lowe has coached his style out of him IMO.

Seems rather strange in that case that Jephcott scored 18 goals in 25 games in the first half of the season under Lowe and his apparently intransigent style of football.Not sure what happened to Jephcott but it would seem a bit simplistic to state that tactics and style are the sole reasons for the decline in his output.What style would you advocate in it's place? I'm no tactical expert but a change to knocking the ball into channels or over the top certainly wouldn't be of benefit to Jephcott.It could be speculated that Jephcotts head was turned by all of the £3m transfer talk in January,maybe he felt the pace of a first season in professional football which is by no means uncommon,maybe he was carrying an injury-who really knows?

It does seem strange on that we can both agree but we went from being a very watchable side that scored goals to an absolute joke, not only did Jeppers goals dry up but we shipped loads of goals as well, I think Lowe has got off very lightly. As for the ball over the top why not try it? At least Jeppers would have had the odd fifty fifty ball to contest instead of watching Mayor, Grant and Hardie tap the ball around behind him for five minutes before losing it. We had no one slipping a ball in the box we tried to walk it into the net and I hardly saw Jeppers touch the ball in the later parts of the season, he wasn't missing goals he never had the ball.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 6:24 pm

But if Lowe does sign another striker, I'd suggest Jayden Stockley-6'2" CF who would provide an alternative outlet and may be a good partner for Jephcott or Ennis. Also scored a goal every other game
for some team in L2. Currently seems unwanted at PNE.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Ryan Lowe is ‘99 per cent sure’ that player-of-the-year Joe Edwards, Conor Grant and Danny Mayor will sign new deals with Plymouth Argyle this summer.

The  trio have contracts which run out later this summer and Lowe is keen to see them continue as ‘a big part of us going forward’.

Hmmmm he was 99% macfadzean would and he took an extra 2 months to say no so i truly hope he has set a deadline and has a plan of action in place should one or indeed all 3 say no so we dont end up screwed and short in areas.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-24

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm

Quiet a few players (not just at Argyle) may be waiting until after the playoffs to see what offers they might be getting.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12963
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 7:28 pm

Are we going for anyone from Exeter
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Are we going for anyone from Exeter

Well last season i would have said definitely Randell Williams but this season he's done next to nothing for the Greeks so now im not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 887
Join date : 2020-03-25

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptyWed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Are we going for anyone from Exeter

We’re trying to improve our squad!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 14899
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 36

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptySat May 15, 2021 12:05 pm

From the herald from the article where Ryan is asking fans to trust him to bring the right players in over the summer break...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

taken from the link wrote:
........With it being common knowledge that is the case, it is no surprise whatsoever that agents and others within football are linking players with Argyle via stories on social media.
Names mentioned already include Cambridge United’s 32-goal top scorer Paul Mullin, Rotherham United left-back Clark Robertson and Fleetwood Town midfielder Wes Burns, who are all out of contract.
Lowe declined to comment on any specific speculation, but he did say: “Sometimes it’s a privilege that you are getting linked with good players.


Two new names there in Robertson a former Scotland U21 player not done alot at Rotherham in 3 years there only made 68 league appearances and Burns a former Wales U21 player who plays as a right back aswell as forward so would be a straight swap for Byron Moore it seems if that rumour has any legs. 

not seen alot of either to know if they are an improvement on what we had but they do seem to be lowe type of players so this could have some legs  3/5
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6012
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptySat May 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Angry wrote:
From the herald from the article where Ryan is asking fans to trust him to bring the right players in over the summer break...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

taken from the link wrote:
........With it being common knowledge that is the case, it is no surprise whatsoever that agents and others within football are linking players with Argyle via stories on social media.
Names mentioned already include Cambridge United’s 32-goal top scorer Paul Mullin, Rotherham United left-back Clark Robertson and Fleetwood Town midfielder Wes Burns, who are all out of contract.
Lowe declined to comment on any specific speculation, but he did say: “Sometimes it’s a privilege that you are getting linked with good players.


Two new names there in Robertson a former Scotland U21 player not done alot at Rotherham in 3 years there only made 68 league appearances and Burns a former Wales U21 player who plays as a right back aswell as forward so would be a straight swap for Byron Moore it seems if that rumour has any legs. 

not seen alot of either to know if they are an improvement on what we had but they do seem to be lowe type of players so this could have some legs  3/5
Most of Lowes signings up to now dont appear to have legs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12963
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. EmptySun May 16, 2021 8:55 am

Woods is the only loanee defender that may return next season with all the other loan signings Jerome Opoku, Kell Watts and Jerome Opoku have all returned to their parent clubs,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.   Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Transfer Rumors whispers sponsored by the bald bloke from GOT.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: