PlymptonPilgrim
Angry
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 10:39 pm

I don’t think we’re going to be disappointed chaps, just got to hold your nerve a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 9:07 am

Jambo Pasty wrote:
Little/No comfort to know that the equivalent thread on my Hearts forum  has now amassed over 19,400 posts on this transfer window alone so far. We’re page 389 and we have not made one single signing yet. The frustrations levels are really through the roof.

Personally I would give Hallett and the team time to pull them together. - they’ll be busting a gut to secure the right players and they will get them. Our experience is  increasingly they get signed closer and closer to the season starting and indeed we’ve even picked up a couple of absolute gems after the start on frees. It’s difficult & frustrating but I have confidence Hallett will do you ok.

Obviously I gather & understand money’s incredibly tight to pay fees for players but what sort of wages are typically offered?  Is it £3k/£4k or more £8k/£10k per week?

Difficult to know how much we are offering in terms of salary as we haven’t been at Tier2 for 13 long years. It’ll obvs be a fair bit more than last year. The last time we were at Tier2, paying players 10k a week ( the Belgian fella springs to mind) was a lot to do with us going into Admin and parachuting down through the leagues as a result.

I’m not sure what salaries Europa Conference level teams in the Dutch league pay, but the fella we signed turned down a new Twente contract, to come to us.

Players have the power at this stage of the season, particularly if they have multiple options. As with every year, the closer we get to August, the more things start moving.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 9:29 am

Thanks Czarcasm

That’s really interesting as Hearts & Argyle are pretty much fishing in the same pond for players. While we seem to be able to stretch to offer £200k-£400k transfers for a few select players (for maybe 2 or 3) there is absolutely no chance we can compete with £10k per week salaries. Our top players (Current Internationalists) are on £4K Max and most of the squad are below this figure. No wonder Hallett is so reluctant to pay fees as the budget goes on players salaries.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:43 am

Graiser wrote:
I don’t think we’re going to be disappointed chaps, just got to hold your nerve a bit longer.
Won't be disappointed as really not expecting much now. Doubt we'll get much in the way of Championship experience. We've more than likely missed out on some of our top targets and working our way down the list.  But still clinging to the hope we may still see Azaz return on a permanent.  Or much less likely Whittaker.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 10:30 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Jambo Pasty wrote:
Little/No comfort to know that the equivalent thread on my Hearts forum  has now amassed over 19,400 posts on this transfer window alone so far. We’re page 389 and we have not made one single signing yet. The frustrations levels are really through the roof.

Personally I would give Hallett and the team time to pull them together. - they’ll be busting a gut to secure the right players and they will get them. Our experience is  increasingly they get signed closer and closer to the season starting and indeed we’ve even picked up a couple of absolute gems after the start on frees. It’s difficult & frustrating but I have confidence Hallett will do you ok.

Obviously I gather & understand money’s incredibly tight to pay fees for players but what sort of wages are typically offered?  Is it £3k/£4k or more £8k/£10k per week?

Difficult to know how much we are offering in terms of salary as we haven’t been at Tier2 for 13 long years. It’ll obvs be a fair bit more than last year. The last time we were at Tier2, paying players 10k a week ( the Belgian fella springs to mind) was a lot to do with us going into Admin and parachuting down through the leagues as a result.

I’m not sure what salaries Europa Conference level teams in the Dutch league pay, but the fella we signed turned down a new Twente contract, to come to us.

Players have the power at this stage of the season, particularly if they have multiple options. As with every year, the closer we get to August, the more things start moving.

the wages in the Eredivisie with exceptions with some of the star players in the big teams are probably on a par with most championship/league one to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 1:44 pm

Are Argo sniffing round Wes Harding at all? Saw he’s declined a new contract at Rotherham as he’s looking for a Championship club. He’s the sort Hallett should be all over - Tree, talented and looking for a Championship gig
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 1:45 pm

Are Argo sniffing round Wes Harding at all? Saw he’s declined a new contract at Rotherham as he’s looking for a Championship club. He’s the sort Hallett should be all over - Free, talented and looking for a Championship gig
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Rotherham are a championship club jambo.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 6:26 pm

Tbh …it’s starting to worry me a bit ..we still need at least 7 players in be on loan or transfer fees time is ticking on now .and still not many bodies coming through the door and the season nearly upon us ..im not convinced so far hope who ever does comes in need to hit the ground  running we ain’t got that luxury of time to gel as well time is ticking now & what with the pre season pub fixtures and all the way to Blackpool for a behind door friendly it’s not ideal preparation For very important championship season I’d have thought …im not convinced
So far
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:30 pm

Sorry Les Miserable you are correct - I was having a brain fart. I read an article whereby the Rotherham manager was stating he wanted him to stay, had offered Wes a new contract but Wes had decided to pursue other options in the Championship. Tbh I’m still being thrown remembering Luton are going to be in the Big Boys’ League !!!

Jack Fitzwater is a CB that’s a free agent - he’s English, declined a contract extension at Livingston to head back south. Was pretty tidy for Livi - solid, nothing too flash and free transfer.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 9:14 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Tbh …it’s starting to worry me a bit ..we still need at least 7 players in be on loan or transfer fees time is ticking on now .and still not many bodies coming through the door and the season nearly upon us ..im not convinced so far hope who ever does comes in need to hit the ground  running we ain’t got that luxury of time to gel as well time is ticking now & what with the pre season pub fixtures and all the way to Blackpool for a behind door friendly it’s not ideal preparation For very important championship season I’d have thought …im not convinced
So far

Me too. I was hoping the behind closed doors friendly might have involved some trialists (hence being not open to the public) but that hasn't turned out to be the case. We actually uses 2 youth team players as subs in the match because the squad is so short.
My concern is that pre-season is supposed to partly be about getting new players to 'gel' with the rest of the team before the season starts. We've only got 3 preseason matches left, one of which is on Tuesday, and we're probably about 6 players short. By my calcs we only have 2 senior strikers and 5 midfielders - some serious recruitment needed in those areas.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 8:08 pm

lots of murmurs about Azaz and Whittaker on social media and that both are re signing with the club. They dont mention if its another season long loan for each or a permanent deal but the murmurs are coming from both fans and journalists alike from all 3 clubs involved.

Could be a great week next week if these two do return but again this isnt confirmed as fact before it gets poo pooed.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 8:32 pm

Angry wrote:
lots of murmurs about Azaz and Whittaker on social media and that both are re signing with the club. They dont mention if its another season long loan for each or a permanent deal but the murmurs are coming from both fans and journalists alike from all 3 clubs involved.

Could be a great week next week if these two do return but again this isnt confirmed as fact before it gets poo pooed.

And nobody likes a poo poo, a poo poo from someone whose been poo pood by a poo poo will feel very poo pood!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 8:38 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

And nobody likes a poo poo, a poo poo from someone whose been poo pood by a poo poo will feel very poo pood!

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 8:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 9:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Re: Is Whittaker closing in on Plymouth Argyle return?

I have it on good authority Morgan’s having a medical at HP on Monday very reliable source.

He has been a rubbish signing for us should have let him go to Rangers in hindsight.
Did nothing in January when he came back Derby fans warned us about his attitude and they were right.

Very well run club are Plymouth but when you are talking with them looking at players rated 2M and above then it's a different level for them.
If its talk of Burton plus cash for Whittaker then they are still handing us over 1M.........maybe a straight swap with their main keeper Cooper and we could be in business but he is injured currently.

We've been linked to that Burton before, I think he is Welsh, but he very much is a number 2 keeper.

If he's part of the deal the discount I'd hope would be very minimal.

Wasn't the papertalk a few months back and in January wanted him for about 2.5/3mill?

I'd be gutted if he goes for anything less than 2mill.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 16, 2023 9:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I have it on good authority Morgan’s having a medical at HP on Monday very reliable source.

He has been a rubbish signing for us should have let him go to Rangers in hindsight.
Did nothing in January when he came back Derby fans warned us about his attitude and they were right.

Very well run club are Plymouth but when you are talking with them looking at players rated 2M and above then it's a different level for them.
If its talk of Burton plus cash for Whittaker then they are still handing us over 1M.........maybe a straight swap with their main keeper Cooper and we could be in business but he is injured currently.

We've been linked to that Burton before, I think he is Welsh, but he very much is a number 2 keeper.

Wasn't the papertalk a few months back and in January wanted him for about 2.5/3mill?

if they want burton as part of the deal they can have him cause we arent handing over 7 figures for anyone atm. Which is why i cant see a return for him here being permenant but a loan with hopefully no recall clause.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 17, 2023 9:13 pm

Angry wrote:

Finn is not listed in the 1st team squad only in the under 21s
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 17, 2023 9:36 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

if they want burton as part of the deal they can have him cause we arent handing over 7 figures for anyone atm. Which is why i cant see a return for him here being permenant but a loan with hopefully no recall clause.

we not only not spend 7 figures, we signed him on a perm and we kept burton too Very Happy

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:

Finn is not listed in the 1st team squad only in the under 21s

22, 23 in september so i think they will be looking to move him on loan or otherwise i feel.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 9:04 am

Finn

I doubt he is going to become anything at this football club.

Probably best selling him this summer or loan him again and let him leave on a free next season.

Can see this happening, he won’t make it here. Probably back to Plymouth on a free with them owing 25% of any future fee.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 2:57 pm

i see camara has signed for charlton on loan. that means they will walk the league this season
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 7:32 am

An interesting comment from the best mate of a certain, ahem, Bali Mumba yesterday.

I’d be amazed if anything happened there though tbh.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 8:24 am

More and more coming out from the Norwich end. This could have legs. 800k being talked about.

What a steal that would be.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 9:42 am

Would love to see him and azaz back, but so much shit is being posted by the hard of thinking or kids that it's hard to know what to believe. Not saying that you fall into either of those categories btw Czar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 9:53 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Would love to see him and azaz back, but so much shit is being posted by the hard of thinking or kids that it's hard to know what to believe. Not saying that you fall into either of those categories btw Czar Very Happy

sunny

I think it’s time to get excited.

Just heard something and that is coming from as good a source as there could possibly be. In true social media style…..you have a PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?   Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors/Should we look abroad?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next