Grovehill
Freathy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:00 am

Iggy wrote:
Pasoti needs monitoring and scrutinising, they (and we know who they are) are trying to re-write history, silence real debate and are rapidly becoming a mouthpiece for the club to only say on message things. The bickering will only stop when everybody realises that there can be differing viewpoints without one being good and the other bad.

That's what I was trying to say Knecht. Haven't got the time or the strength just now for playing games.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:01 am

Cerbera wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
I think he's intimating you may be in line for 'contact', as a means to an end for those who seek to control Argyle cyberspace.

What?!

Let me get this straight, Rickler thinks I am in Ian Newell's pocket?

Who else believes this?

Bit of a worry since I help administer this site. Think of the potential damage I could do! Ask yourself one question, if that were true, why haven't I already started disassembly from within?

Also, why do I not post on or read Pasoti, am I that deep a 'sleeper' then?

No. More a potential target.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It was implied previously many posts ago that I might be a "spy" from the other place or something similar. That is just a cheap jibe of course and an easy response to somebody who questions the main occupation of some posters on here. The similarity in accusations made on PASOTI as well as here to anyone who doesn't sing the party tune so it is same thing for both which numerous people criticise PASOTI for apparently doing.

Of course the saving of Argyle was not down to the famous duo. Even the thought is quite ludicrous. But, if they want to believe that and their faithful followers also believe them then what odds does it make. Anyone with half a brain knows it made little difference and at best only was a bit of a prompter to the Administrators to look elsewhere or at Brent.

I said previously that I do look at PASOTI from time to time but never feel a compunction to join it or join in. The decenting voices on there are not easily silenced these days and they are more and more as Argyle sink towards the BSP. There are those that always jump in and support the party line but they are not as successful as they perhaps once were in shutting people up and more come to the defence of the picked on than ever before. What is comes down to is that PASOTI itself is evolving once more and there are growing questions and less party line following as the days go by. In further time the "leaders" of the pack will also lose their following and influence. History shows that all empires crash in the end. This will happen with or without a watchful eye from ATD or help. What bullying people hate is to be ignored. If people on here could bring themselves to ignore rather than engage with them the end game might come sooner rather than later.

I don't agree with your last paragraph. The reason Grovehill and co have 'survived' is because we are here. The farm controllers know they are being scrutinised by their own members as a result and are trying to prove how inclusive they are.
Just as I and others were in the past, Grovie is regarded as the oft quoted' one trick pony' and he is both articulate and persistent. They hate that but they have to grit their teeth and put up with it or we would be proven correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 am

Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Pasoti needs monitoring and scrutinising, they (and we know who they are) are trying to re-write history, silence real debate and are rapidly becoming a mouthpiece for the club to only say on message things. The bickering will only stop when everybody realises that there can be differing viewpoints without one being good and the other bad.

That's what I was trying to say Knecht. Haven't got the time or the strength just now for playing games.

Thought so ..... Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

You make ATD sound like the watchdog of the superhighway Tringreen. I have to say I think that somewhat over eggs it's importance to the World and things Argyle. ATD is a football chat site like PASOTI is all and I just cannot see how one can hold the other one to account.

You also do a diservice to the intelligence of the posters on PASOTI. They are not daft or at least most of them aren't. As the plight of the club goes from bad to worse the decent is bound to increase naturally. The defence of Brent and the blowing of own trumpets becomes less and less important to the masses and safety paramount. The more people who question and moan then the more it grows and eventually nobody will be interested in saying the right thing only. The fame of the superfans as you call them will also deminish as all things do in time. As I said, history tells us that all empires eventually fall.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 am

It is all rather inconsequential isn't it ?

I mean, who cares whether we're at Forest Green or Burton. Doubt I'll be there either way.

There must be something in the water.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 am

It's you Tringy!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 am

Cerbera wrote:
It's you Tringy!

Ha ha ! Am in Tring as it happens. I was even considering popping up to Northampton next week but then I thought, could be a pain getting a ticket, the football will be crap, the stadium tinpot, the nearby pubs are basic and will be full of Avivas, Boothroyd will probably be the difference and anyway, they don't come and see me when I'm bad !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:01 am

Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
It's you Tringy!

Ha ha ! Am in Tring as it happens. I was even considering popping up to Northampton next week but then I thought, could be a pain getting a ticket, the football will be crap, the stadium tinpot, the nearby pubs are basic and will be full of Avivas, Boothroyd will probably be the difference and anyway, they don't come and see me when I'm bad !

That's where I struggle Tring. If I'd been abroad for a period of time and was an hour from where Argyle are playing a vital game I would be there. That would be irrespective as to what I thought of the manager, players and owner.

Why spend so much time commenting on the club if you can't be bothered to travel an hour for such an important game?

The Avivas you talk about are offering what is known as support and that will include some of the respected members who post on this site and agree with you on many issues.

Why not host an ATD Away Weekend Tring? Everyone could doss at your house. It could be called the "Freaks and Weirdo's Tour" Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
It's you Tringy!

That's where I struggle Tring. If I'd been abroad for a period of time and was an hour from where Argyle are playing a vital game I would be there. That would be irrespective as to what I thought of the manager, players and owner.

Why spend so much time commenting on the club if you can't be bothered to travel an hour for such an important game?

The Avivas you talk about are offering what is known as support and that will include some of the respected members who post on this site and agree with you on many issues.

Why not host an ATD Away Weekend Tring? Everyone could doss at your house. It could be called the "Freaks and Weirdo's Tour" Wink

lol! Nahhhhh . I'm afraid decades of missed opportunities, the events of the last few years in particular, the emergence of the all controlling superfans, football in general, has left me cold. If I lived in Plymouth I'd probably still go but travelling more than 20 mins. is not really on the radar just now. Having said that , I did go to the Oxford game. Took an hour to park, left early to avoid further congestion, lost 5 - 1 . It was emotional.

I know I'm naaaaat a praaaaaaper fan anymore but the futility of it all and the mind numbing, arrogant stupidity of some, means that there is more to life than bleddyargo for me. Guess I've simply been 'turned off' by it all. Doesn't mean I don't care.
Enjoy the ride.

ps hate to mention it old bean but Boothroyd does seem to be turning the Cobblers round recently. Perhaps Freathy will be proven correct all along................ again ! ?
Just out of interest, would you still prefer to have Errrrrrm Fletcher, than say Boothroyd in charge for the rest of the season ?
pps Avivas don't join ATD unless they are intent upon dimwitted or childlike mischief making. They are easily recognisable .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

Fair enough, each to their own.

Yes, Northampton's results have picked up which Freathy said would happen. However I am not prepared to annoit Freathy the sage of all things Argyle until he is able to correctly predict an Argyle win or when for example we may be on an upward curve. If all he does is continue to predict Argyle losing and others doing better then (sadly recently) he is going to have his day in the sun. What was his prediction for the Wimbledon or Acrington games?

As for Fletcher then there are many other managers I would rather have in charge but we have 10 games to go and I believe we have a squad of people at the club from Deehan down that can escape relegation as long as they are performing to their abilities over the next 10 games. If it doesn't happen then of course mistakes have been made. I mentioned on another thread that I hope we achieve safety and we can all have a breather, take stock and for the first time in three years and have a considered and successful pre-season.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:19 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Fair enough, each to their own.

Yes, Northampton's results have picked up which Freathy said would happen. However I am not prepared to annoit Freathy the sage of all things Argyle until he is able to correctly predict an Argyle win or when for example we may be on an upward curve. If all he does is continue to predict Argyle losing and others doing better then (sadly recently) he is going to have his day in the sun. What was his prediction for the Wimbledon or Acrington games?

As for Fletcher then there are many other managers I would rather have in charge but we have 10 games to go and I believe we have a squad of people at the club from Deehan down that can escape relegation as long as they are performing to their abilities over the next 10 games. If it doesn't happen then of course mistakes have been made. I mentioned on another thread that I hope we achieve safety and we can all have a breather, take stock and for the first time in three years and have a considered and successful pre-season.

Freathy's forecasts are trivia in the overall scheme of things.On wider matters,he has been proven 100% correct on every prognosis of Argyle's "state of club" dating back to attacking the complacent and submissive acceptance by most fans of Stapleton's stewardship.I hope to God that you're right about Argyle having the ability to avoid the drop,i must confess that my gut feeling is one of impending doom but we shall see.BTW,love your cool understatement that "mistakes have been made". lol!
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

Just had a text from Argyle.
Fletcher will once again have no injury or suspension worries as his RESURGENT(who wrote that)side entertain Shrewsbury tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

We really don't need to worry about the game tomorrow or the threat of relegation,because I read in my paper today that Fletch beieves the goals will come and we are creating chances and he is confident we will beat the drop.So I can confidently dismiss the fact we are 2nd from bottom,that we have'nt scored in the last three home games and that we have only scored 17 at Home Park all season (the lowest in league 2) behind me.So we are all confident,are'nt we? cheers
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm

sensible - history also says we will be relegated Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't dispute that necessarily gregcampbell but what has that got to do with the differences between ATD and PASOTI which was what my comments were about.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:05 am

Argye's downward trend was pretty obvious from the point *****wallet said he would "go for it" just before selling Ollies team off cheaply. Every sale (Ebanks-Blake, Norris, Gosling, Buzsaky, Halmosi) was greeted with the same sycopahntic approval on the farm - "what a great bit of business by stapes" they said. Sickenning! Ever since then the club, both on and off the pitch, has been one big cluster f*** and the decline is still continuing as strong as ever under the non-investing brent and his bunch of clowns. There's a lot worse to come yet unless the club is put up for immediate sale and brent does a proper marketing job to get the right investor in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 am

Tringreen wrote:

ps hate to mention it old bean but Boothroyd does seem to be turning the Cobblers round recently. Perhaps Freathy will be proven correct all along................ again ! ?
Just out of interest, would you still prefer to have Errrrrrm Fletcher, than say Boothroyd in charge for the rest of the season ?
pps Avivas don't join ATD unless they are intent upon dimwitted or childlike mischief making. They are easily recognisable .

As soon as Northampton swiftly acted and brought in an available and proven manager I knew they'd be safe. There were some inevitable shrieks from the brent and fletcher lovers of "the cobblers change of manager hasn't done much good" after an initial few dodgy results for Boothroyd but it was only a matter of time before he turned things around. Northampton are a serious club serious about league survival. As for Argyle............well...................we've got a big flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:25 am

Don't worry Freathy Fletch has said today that we are just having a blip like Man. Utd. and Aresenal had recently. Razz Champions league anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
It's you Tringy!

Nick I have a free day today and I live about 15 minutes from Home Park. It's not often I get a free Saturday but to be honest I really can't be arsed to spend what will amount to be at least 30 quid on what will probably be a shockingly shyte afternoon watching crap, there's been too many of those for me and I'm happy to risk that Argyle may put on an entertaining performance on the basis that the odds are stacked heavily in favour that they won't.

The reasons people comment even though they can't be bothered to attend to watch the crap that's fed to us, is because we still care and we want to attend, be entertained and receive just a hint of value for money, just like the thousands of others that are slagged off as part timers from the minority brainwashed lemmings that chuck their pay packets off the cliffs of doom, the same part timers that supported the club in their tens of thousands and the same part timers that kept the club afloat in the good times when all along Stapes was taking the piss out of them, and God knows there's been so few of those good times in my 40 years of supporting Argyle and I'm certainly not going to allow James Brent to join Stapes in the piss take that with each passing day seems to be the agenda of our latest proclaimed Superfan. - It's worth remembering that without those like Tring there would be no chance of getting out of the bottom two divisions and when the Superfan snobs stop getting off on slagging potential customers you may just see one or two return for the occasional misery.

I'm not having a pop at those that attend every match, but I am having a pop at those that attend, or pretend to attend when really they are sat in Old Trafford, that like to deflect criticism and slag of potential customers.

That's my rant for the day! clown
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:53 am

I'm no longer a regular attendeee at Home Park for a couple of reasons.

One is because I'm still struggling to get the memory of a vast number of dire matches out of my mind (mostly under Sturrock #2, and inept performances against very poor teams in the last two seasons) Perhaps it's an age thing, but as I get ready to go to Home Park these days I remember the bad games rather than the good ones, or perhaps it's just that the good ones are so long ago.

Also, I travel a lot more in my job now and the thought of another 70-80 miles to watch the likes of Shrewsbury isn't as enticing as the thought of seeing say Palace or Wolves.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Under Ollie, Pulis and even Bobby in the Championship missing a home match for me was unthinkable. Yes - even when we were shite under Bobby. Then with sturrock mk 2, Japs, new world and the decline in full swing I went less and less. This season I have completely stopped as I can't face watching us get played off the park by no mark shit teams knowing it's never going to get any better. And it will be far too painful to watch the end of PAFC, at least as we knew it, over the next few months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:18 pm

GOB wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
It's you Tringy!

Nick I have a free day today and I live about 15 minutes from Home Park. It's not often I get a free Saturday but to be honest I really can't be arsed to spend what will amount to be at least 30 quid on what will probably be a shockingly shyte afternoon watching crap, there's been too many of those for me and I'm happy to risk that Argyle may put on an entertaining performance on the basis that the odds are stacked heavily in favour that they won't.

The reasons people comment even though they can't be bothered to attend to watch the crap that's fed to us, is because we still care and we want to attend, be entertained and receive just a hint of value for money, just like the thousands of others that are slagged off as part timers from the minority brainwashed lemmings that chuck their pay packets off the cliffs of doom, the same part timers that supported the club in their tens of thousands and the same part timers that kept the club afloat in the good times when all along Stapes was taking the piss out of them, and God knows there's been so few of those good times in my 40 years of supporting Argyle and I'm certainly not going to allow James Brent to join Stapes in the piss take that with each passing day seems to be the agenda of our latest proclaimed Superfan. - It's worth remembering that without those like Tring there would be no chance of getting out of the bottom two divisions and when the Superfan snobs stop getting off on slagging potential customers you may just see one or two return for the occasional misery.

I'm not having a pop at those that attend every match, but I am having a pop at those that attend, or pretend to attend when really they are sat in Old Trafford, that like to deflect criticism and slag of potential customers.

That's my rant for the day! clown

Rant away GOB all opinions welcome here Wink

I wasn't particularly criticising Tring, I was more mystified than anything. I was making comment on the basis that I'm guessing from Tring's photo and location that he is rarely in the UK. If it were me I would go and be looking forward to the game - absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I base the games I attend on John Lloyd's travelling drinking club comparison. Sometimes the football gets in the way but attending the match is much more than just 90 minutes of football to me.

I've never not attended a game because of who owns the club. Why deprive myself of the day out is my opinion but each to their own.

I'm sure whatever people's viewpoints, locations, or games attended that we all have our fingers crossed for 3 points today.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:24 pm

I wasn't having a dig Nick, I just felt like releasing tension Wink

Yes fingers crossed for three points and I'm still tempted, I wish it would hurry up and get the the point of no return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 pm

GOB wrote:
I wasn't having a dig Nick, I just felt like releasing tension Wink

Yes fingers crossed for three points and I'm still tempted, I wish it would hurry up and get the the point of no return.

Aye, agreed there, it's the hope that kills you of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

get this feckin idiot out now before its too late
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7