pepsipete
Elias
Peggy
Old Timer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday Empty
PostSubject: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Reid is a "greedy black tw@t" apparently.

Gave him the eyebrow and a knowing look. His daughter told him to be quiet. Sad. Racism at football. He didn't sit near me in the second half. I've not heard anything like that since about 1988 when some drunk idiot was having a go at Lawrie Cunningham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:15 pm

thats tame compared to some of the stuff i have overheard in the past but still equally as wrong and bad.

Isnt there a number you can text to report racism in the grounds or has it been discountined?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Don't tell me , the stewards did nothing.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:56 pm

In fairness, Old Timer, the stewards probably didn't know anything about it. Complaining on a messageboard doesn't really get things done, but having a quiet word with a steward might have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Peggy wrote:
In fairness, Old Timer, the stewards probably didn't know anything about it. Complaining on a messageboard doesn't really get things done, but having a quiet word with a steward might have.
Perhaps he gave him the "eyebrow"
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

I have had occasion to report such behaviour to the stewards in the past and as I have come to expect they did nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 pm

I was at the Dorchester game and their fans were calling Paris Cowan hall a 'p*ki'. I asked a steward whether anything.was going to be done and he gave a 'boys will be boys' shrug. Maybe I should have give him an eyebrow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 pm

[quote="Hugh Watt"]I was at the Dorchester game and their fans were calling Paris Cowan hall a 'p*ki'. I asked a steward whether anything.was going to be done and he gave a 'boys will be boys' shrug. Maybe I should have give him an eyebrow? [/quotes
Shear savages in South Dorset Hugh - not like the North Dorset gentry!! Hahahahah!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:01 pm

you should have heard the things pericard was being called when he played for stoke against us it was like going back to 1985 !!

lawrie Cunningham ? when did he play against argyle 1986 for west brom ????
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 pm

For Leyton Orient.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

pepsipete wrote:
For Leyton Orient.
Remember that game,he absolutely tore Argyle to shreds,one of the best individual performances ever seen at Home Park.That was a lot earlier than 1988 though-it was during the Waiters era,i think he did come back to England after his spell at Real Madrid,not sure if he played down here though.Very special talent,died tragically young in a car crash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:59 pm

A great player and pioneer in that famous West Brom side. If you've got a spare 50 minutes or so this is a great documentary. Parts 2, 3 and 4 are on the link from this clip.

this game is widely recognised as one of the greatest top flight games. For those under the age of 25 this was called the First Division. It just goes to show, despite Hairy's experiences yesterday, how bad racism was. Lawrie Cunningham is simply superb in this game.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 am

Pokesdown wrote:
A great player and pioneer in that famous West Brom side. If you've got a spare 50 minutes or so this is a great documentary. Parts 2, 3 and 4 are on the link from this clip.

this game is widely recognised as one of the greatest top flight games. For those under the age of 25 this was called the First Division. It just goes to show, despite Hairy's experiences yesterday, how bad racism was. Lawrie Cunningham is simply superb in this game.

Great game, WBA were a very good side then,players like Regis,Cunningham,Brown,Cantello made them one of the best sides to watch under Big Fat Ron.Shame that the playing field isn't as level now to enable clubs like WBA to compete consistently in the top 3 but a sign of the times i suppose.Another sign of the times was BFR's rather non pc comment that he was awarding the champagne to "one of the front coloured people"lol! Not as non pc as his later comments about Desaiily of course,but they would certainly cause a stir if made in an interview now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 pm

I remember bananas being thrown at black players when I was a teenager, mid to late seventies?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
I remember bananas being thrown at black players when I was a teenager, mid to late seventies?
I think it also happened to Mark Walters (at Rangers) when he played against Celtic in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Iggy wrote:
My mate Gus use to do the same thing in the 70s.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Pretty sure I remember David Rocastle getting the banana treatment at our 6-1 FA Cup game at Highbury back in the 80's too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

On the club Facebook page recently they posted about the arrival of Lavery on loan and the first comment was that it would go towards evening up the black/white balance of the team!

I couldn't believe someone posted that in this day and age. That comment and my reply were both deleted pretty swiftly.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
On the club Facebook page recently they posted about the arrival of Lavery on loan and the first comment was that it would go towards evening up the black/white balance of the team!

I couldn't believe someone posted that in this day and age. That comment and my reply were both deleted pretty swiftly.
Surprised they allow you to post at all. I was banned for no other reason than Napoleon was commenting at the same time as my good self. Funny that lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:06 pm

It wasn't Lawrie Cinnignham, it was Mark Chamberlain for Portsmouth. 1988.

I was a bit, you wot m8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:49 pm

hairy j wrote:

Gave him the eyebrow and a knowing look. His daughter told him to be quiet. Sad. Racism at football. He didn't sit near me in the second half. I've not heard anything like that since about 1988 when some drunk idiot was having a go at Lawrie Cunningham.
Sounds like you bottled it Hairy.

Sit still, be quiet, avoid eye contact throughout study ... but most importantly, and this really is the important bit, update social media with a brave "to the guy who did this" message when you get home (that there is a 99% chance he will never see).

Always the best way of dealing with these things in the internet age.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:49 pm

ejh wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Sit still, be quiet, avoid eye contact throughout study ... but most importantly, and this really is the important bit, update social media with a brave "to the guy who did this" message when you get home (that there is a 99% chance he will never see).

He gave him the eyebrow, what more do you want.

There should be an 'eyebrow' emoticon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:54 pm

raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:20 pm

ejh wrote:
hairy j wrote:

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:26 pm

It was obvious I objected and his daughter told him to shut up - they didn't return in the second half. What more do you want? Blood? He was really elderly - about 53 years old. You just give 'em the eyebrow. My "look of disdain face" is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday   To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

To The Racist Idiot Behind Me yesterday
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next