Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .

Go down 
+3
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . Empty
PostSubject: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:56 pm

What has happened to Argyle just of late, not too long ago Argyle were the form side in League Two and had a solid back line also. Now, Argyle seem to have hit a slump in form which COULD threaten a Play-Off place, or even an automatic place.

Are the players feeling the heat, or is it just one of those football scenarios where a form side fizzles away and struggles to recapture previous gains.

Argyle have had an awful Christmas period and it ended yesterday with a 0-0 draw against a 10-man York City.

Can Argyle pick themselves up, dust themselves down and get back to the form we saw not too long ago.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 pm

I refer you to your avatar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I refer you to your avatar!

Indeed

We fecked it up royally last season right up at the point where the metal meets the meat.
This year we've done it earlier but the damage has already been done.

Bottled it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:50 pm

With no depth in the squad beyond a strong 11 and Shezza not being willing to try something new when Plan A fails then we will be lucky to make the play offs by the skin of our teeth.

January sales are apon us Shezza needs to add to the squad and keep the key players otherwise there is no point anyone booking a day out in London in May.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Squad small and full of loan signings with no realastic prospects of reinforcements other than untried youngsters, with chaos off the pitch following the collapse of brents Fantasy Park Scheme, i would say promotion was never really on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:45 pm

We've only had 3 poor-ish games, I wouldn't call it a mjor issue. Just a blip. January will be a real test though, and we seriously have to be taking points from both Southend and Luton.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
We've only had 3 poor-ish games, I wouldn't call it a mjor issue. Just a blip. January will be a real test though, and we seriously have to be taking points from both Southend and Luton.
Absolutely right Josh. Awful lot of doom merchants around. This blip coincides with losing Nelson and Hartley and as you say the real test is Jan. I do chuckle at comments like ''damage has been done'' Laughing There is still 22 games to go and a lot of points to play for. Even during Luggy's championship season we went 3 games wothout winning.
Cheer up guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:22 pm

tigertony wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Absolutely right Josh. Awful lot of doom merchants around. This blip coincides with losing Nelson and Hartley and as you say the real test is Jan. I do chuckle at comments like ''damage has been done'' Laughing There is still 22 games to go and a lot of points to play for. Even during Luggy's championship season we went 3 games wothout winning.
Cheer up guys.

whatever still doesnt answer the glarring faults in the squad depth and john's lack of additional tactics does it.

#stripesareback #lookhowfarwehavecome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Of course not angry and if it continues into the next two games I'll be getting seriously worried.

Currently it's gone from blip to bad form and real cause for concern is the next step.

Squad depth is an issue but hey, it's January.. Lets see what happens!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Of course not angry and if it continues into the next two games I'll be getting seriously worried.

Currently it's gone from blip to bad form and real cause for concern is the next step.

Squad depth is an issue but hey, it's January.. Lets see what happens!

Very political answer lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:26 pm

A bit of a dip, but if we finish this month in the play off zone then we're still on track. Need a couple wins on the bounce to keep pace with the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 am

Womble wrote:
A bit of a dip, but if we finish this month in the play off zone then we're still on track. Need a couple wins on the bounce to keep pace with the top 3.

We'll be lucky to get a point from the next two matches.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 am

Endless excuses and unfounded optimism have been the norm for many years.

Exactly what, about the state of play at HP, inspires anything other than wishful thinking ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:35 am

We bottle the games that a proper team would grind out a point from. Anybody remember when we got beaten by Phil Browns Hull in a boring 0 1, I announced after the game that Hull would go up and I was told that no they were a shit team with no decent playmakers or strikers, what they did have and what I had seen was a bit of steel, some backbone, workmanlike effort and belief through the team, feckin priceless it is unforch you just can't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:37 pm

FFS, there's nothing wrong at all at PAFC!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This GreenArmy84 fella really is priceless. He seems like the kinda guy who, if noticing potential burglars casing his joint, would invite them in, make them tea and toast before applauding loudly as they walked out his front door with his TV and PS4.

Either that or he is the absolute King of Whooshers.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:48 pm

But until recently a team scoring against us made national news ... almost! Even at York, where we were dire and under a cosh for long spells, they did not score. Before someone says ''Luke saved us'' - well in the words of the mighty Clough ''that's why we pay him''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
FFS, there's nothing wrong at all at PAFC!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This GreenArmy84 fella really is priceless. He seems like the kinda guy who, if noticing potential burglars casing his joint, would invite them in, make them tea and toast before applauding loudly as they walked out his front door with his TV and PS4.

Either that or he is the absolute King of Whooshers.

#stripesareback numpty would proudly shit on his mum's doorstep if nool told him to do it. A sheep and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:20 pm

We've blipped that's fore shore. I just hope that's all it is.

We were going well until Newport. Even though I think we deserved to lose it was a game of few chances and RReid hit the bar, their goalie made a great save from a Bentley header and RReid blazed over when it looked easier to score. Despite conceding the 2 soft goals we could easily on another day have won the match.

Hot on the heels of that came the Oxford debacle. A game we had 3 parts won until the red card. A classic case of shooting ourselves in the foot and confidence must have nose-dived as a result.

Which led to a timid performance at York.

Every one of those games was up for grabs and we really should have had at least 5 points from them and then ought to have been disappointed we hadn't taken all 9 but as Iggy has said it is all about making it happen and we didn't do it.

We don't lack ability: Kellet, the Reids, Alessandra, Banton, Mellor are all offensive threats we should savour and defensively the record over a season suggests that we're not bad there.

So I remain optimistic but it is really all about heart in the winter months: "can they do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in..." and so on. Can they? That's the question.

Sturrock would have called it blood & snotter time but I prefer to think of heart and in my more macho outbursts I might refer to winners... It's all the same thing. We need to find that stuff as a team right now.

If we can we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .   What has happened to Argyle just of late ? . Empty

Back to top Go down

What has happened to Argyle just of late ? .
Page 1 of 1