PlymptonPilgrim
akagreengull
Grovehill
Freathy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
sensible they don't know the half of it.........you tell them how it is.......most of them are just twitter and bisted......and can only talk about that horrible and nasty PASOTI crowd.......they really just want to be accepted by that pathetic website........how good it is that there is somewhere else other than pasoti and atd to chat ?

What are you doing here then ? Rolling Eyes

Enjoying the read........you've just got to smile at some of the angst on here at times.

I quite agree ZYPH.What the hell is everyone getting angstious about? I mean the club has achieved so much in the last 5 years.Slipping from 4th position in the CCC to 91st in the football league and losing 8000 fans on the way,losing 2 managers who have since taken clubs to the premier league and players such as Norris,Buzz,Ebanks,Gosling,Easter,Mackie,Puncheon,Barnes,Noone,Mason,BWP,Stephens,Johnson and Doumbe.Why such bitterness?

TRUST IN STAPES! jocolor jocolor jocolor

Most clubs don't have half the fun we do..........no one falls asleep at PAFC...........imagine coming 15/20th every season year after year........there's more fun playing on the motorway I would think.

I think you may have forgotten to take your medication today. What a Face

Either that, or your mask is slipping again Suspect

I thought every Pilgrim had to take their medication before kick-off......just to cope with the chance that Fletcher might play the right cards........no...no....I'm daydreaming that'll never happen.......but still take the tablets anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Sometimes, the level of attention levelled at Ian Newell, Chris Webb and Pasoti winds my clock. There are a few posters on here that are clearly obsessed, but generally if you can look past that, the level of discussion and banter on here is very good.

This is a small site (members wise) with a small but active group of regular posters, the wit and insight is quite brilliant sometimes, especially from our red and white and yellow chums.

I agree with all that.

As for "our red and white and yellow chums", I guess it helps keep their minds off the awful teams they have to support (or at least claim to). I look on ATD as a haven for the tired, poor & huddled masses yearning to be free. It is our duty, no less, to give them a welcoming home.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

knecht wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Sometimes, the level of attention levelled at Ian Newell, Chris Webb and Pasoti winds my clock. There are a few posters on here that are clearly obsessed, but generally if you can look past that, the level of discussion and banter on here is very good.

This is a small site (members wise) with a small but active group of regular posters, the wit and insight is quite brilliant sometimes, especially from our red and white and yellow chums.

I agree with all that.

As for "our red and white and yellow chums", I guess it helps keep their minds off the awful teams they have to support (or at least claim to). I look on ATD as a haven for the tired, poor & huddled masses yearning to be free. It is our duty, no less, to give them a welcoming home.

If it weren't for the activities, past, present and probably future, of the Chuckle Brothers and the farm, this forum would not exist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm

You are right Cerbera the phrase "small members" does describe some who are analy retentive when it comes to PASOTI and certain characters who frequent that place.

In a nutshell what you said quite eloquently is what I was sort of trying to say originally. If people descend to the level of what is complained about on there then they are in fact no better than them. The one thing that stands out for me is that the sites are polar opposites although having read some of PASOTI lately I think they are beginning to come together somewhat. This mainly is due to the panic that is now setting in. I only ever read threads on PASOTI to get some information that was new. The statement that the heirachy there turned their wrath on anyone who dared to be negative was largely true. Any deviance from the party line was frowned upon and I get that a number of posters on here were unceremonially turfed out of the site because of it.

ATD on the other hand seems to have become the home of the totally disatisfied who take nothing Argyle do or say with any form of positive response. The polar opposite as I previously said. The criticism of PASOTI was justified but somehow at times this site does much the same to people who don't agree with the majority over some subject. If it disagrees then lets give them a name and use it to belittle their opinion. The difference remains that nobody seems to be banned for having an opinion that isn't common. Instead of banning posters, if you belittle and brand them as a certain kind of poster, you in the end drive them away. Most people would lose interest in joining in if they are going to get slatted constantly. Whilst not a banning it is tantamount to much the same only they ban themselves rather than it be formal.

(Another paragraph just for greenjock just to show I can) There is a sense of humour on here generally and posters are more likely to get an open response from the cliental even if sometimes the form of it is uncalled for. There is also an obsession with certain people on PASOTI and a number of threads end up being about them and a cyber finger in the air at them. I get that there is history between the sites and certain people. I am not interested why this is now or what it was about. The fact is that both sites can survive without the other and there is no need for anamosity to continue unabated forever. A reference to the other is fair enough in making a point but having a dig all the time is tiresome. I remember the outcry at the racism issue at Argyle recently. Well cyber bullying and name calling is just as bad and all I would hope is that people can think about what they say and how they say it and cut out the crap and stick to the opinion of the subject rather than the person individually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:53 pm

It probably would Tring, but in a different format - and much smaller.

It's the constant 'baiting' from here that pisses me off. Sure, there are members here that are banned on there and have an axe to grind, you being the most prolific Tring, but it is boring.

If we leave them alone, it would certainly do us no harm and would probably calm things down. It concerns me that this site is looked upon as a bunch of saddos with chips on their shoulders, and not all of us are!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:01 pm

This forum was created by people who believed Pasoti was partly responsible for the club's downfall. The methods used to silence dissenting voices and the gloating that followed ,has resulted in the pi$$ taking enjoyed by some of us, as our predictions became reality.

These dimwitted control freaks have caused the division. They continue, despite their disastrous record of backing the wrong horse, to hold sway at the club and they attempt to discredit anyone who disagrees with them. They have had to rein back on the likes of Grovehill [not banning him] purely because we are here. He would have been a 'one trick pony and broken the rules' long ago.

If we weren't here and on their case, they'd have a free ride.

This happy clappy, compliant, self promoting crap is sickening and doomed to failure. They are simply too village to carry it off.

ps You seem to be falling for Newell's line of picking out a few of us as weirdos n freaks but that the forum and the rest of you guys are fine. The end game is to get the majority to remove we weirdos. ATD becomes Pasoti's Little Brother, the law according to Pasoti mods is maintained and all is well in Chuckle Brothers County.
The reason many have left the farm in recent months is because of the bullying and control freak nature of how the forum is run and by whom.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Which is spot on, but it's the constant 'broken record' approach that is wrong.

This site is bigger and better than that now. It's popularity is growing, and because of that the whole site is in constant flux.

Don't forget it was my very public row with Ian Newell on Pasoti on Jan 4th that gave this site it's biggest readership. I am blowing my own trumpet somewhat (and I apologise) but I think ATD came out of that on the moral high ground. We held our dignity, the danger as SG rightly points out is that we are in danger of effectively banning members by the 'bullying and ridicule'. That makes us no better than Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Cerbera wrote:

This site is bigger and better than that now. It's popularity is growing, and because of that the whole site is in constant flux.

Don't forget it was my very public row with Ian Newell on Pasoti on Jan 4th that gave this site it's biggest readership. I am blowing my own trumpet somewhat (and I apologise) but I think ATD came out of that on the moral high ground. We held our dignity, the danger as SG rightly points out is that we are in danger of effectively banning members by the 'bullying and ridicule'. That makes us no better than Pasoti.

I don't think anyone has been ridiculed who hasn't come in with all guns blazing. On the farm, you only have to ask questions to cop stick.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Cerbera wrote:
It probably would Tring, but in a different format - and much smaller.

It's the constant 'baiting' from here that pisses me off. Sure, there are members here that are banned on there and have an axe to grind, you being the most prolific Tring, but it is boring.

If we leave them alone, it would certainly do us no harm and would probably calm things down. It concerns me that this site is looked upon as a bunch of saddos with chips on their shoulders, and not all of us are!

I really don't think that is how this site is seen Cerbs, quite the opposite in fact, but either way it's of little concern.

"leaving them alone" is the right answer and I believe that over time "they" will gain the tag of insignificant, I think that's already happening and I think it's noticeable on ATD with fewer comments directed at them. That said, it's important to remember that "they" are playing roles in club politics and they and their behavior is therefore placed under the microscope and, quite rightly so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Correct GOB.

What I should have said was 'concerned that this site might be seen'.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Correct GOB.

But what you mean is.... You might be seen.

Nothing worse than a whore turned nun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Rickler wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Correct GOB.

But what you mean is.... You might be seen.

Nothing worse than a whore turned nun.

Care to explain that?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Who the feck is trying to get anyone removed from here Tringreen? Who the hell do you think you are to tell me I am falling for somebody else's line as if I can't think for myself? You on the other hand demonstrate my point more admirably with your response than I could have if I'd typed your response myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Incidentally, it seems the obsession is not a one sided effort and the strange one continues to provide opportunity to promote ATD on Pasoti as I type. clown
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

I think the trick is to not take things too seriously. If you blew your top every time Freathy gave a "FLETCHER OUT" tirade, you'd be in coronary care before too long. Learn to be accepting of how a lot of the regulars are on this site, and it will continue to be a pleasurable experience.

There is massive history between many of the originators of this site, and Pasoti. People like SensibleGreeny, while well intentioned, need to realise that unease and ill-feeling will always be simmering under the surface. Bemoaning it constantly, in itself, can and does become tedious.

People talk about this site growing. I actually like it the sort of size it is right now. Big enough to lose the tumbleweed, but small enough to have a nice personable feel about it. flower

Tring is right in much of what he says. This site most definitely plays the role of the 'critical eye', and long may that continue, because by God it needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 pm

If you don't mind, we few weirdos will continue our bear baiting. The rest of you can be very sensible and witty. We are a broad church. That is why we exist.

TFC tried to control the old AT by doing deals with admin re not even being allowed to mention Pasoti by name . This forum must not go down the same route.

It is only a forum for a crap football club after all.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Who the feck is trying to get anyone removed from here Tringreen? Who the hell do you think you are to tell me I am falling for somebody else's line as if I can't think for myself? You on the other hand demonstrate my point more admirably with your response than I could have if I'd typed your response myself.

Settle down Tiger. I have bigger fish to fry. My reply was aimed at Cerbs ,a reminder of the games people play.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think the trick is to not take things too seriously. If you blew your top every time Freathy gave a "FLETCHER OUT" tirade, you'd be in coronary care before too long. Learn to be accepting of how a lot of the regulars are on this site, and it will continue to be a pleasurable experience.

There is massive history between many of the originators of this site, and Pasoti. People like SensibleGreeny, while well intentioned, need to realise that unease and ill-feeling will always be simmering under the surface. Bemoaning it constantly, in itself, can and does become tedious.

People talk about this site growing. I actually like it the sort of size it is right now. Big enough to lose the tumbleweed, but small enough to have a nice personable feel about it. flower

Tring is right in much of what he says. This site most definitely plays the role of the 'critical eye', and long may that continue, because by God it needs to be.

That's exactly how I see it Czar, a kind of Private Eye for Argyle fans. Yes it would be nice if ATD attracted more users but it's far from the end of the world if it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Sorry Cerbera, but I think you will find that I am the reason for the increase in membership! 112 new posters since I joined.

Shocked Shocked

Oh, all right maybe not!!! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Of course we don't mind Tring, it's why this site is what it is. Freedom to express your opinion.

It just winds me up sometimes when a perfectly good discussion descends into 'them and us' or 'him and us'.

I think it's quite funny that this thread has gone completely off topic and we haven't moved/split/locked it - in fact it's bloody marvellous. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Settle down Tiger. I have bigger fish to fry.

I had fish and chips for tea.

Are you stalking me??????????

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Bear baiting could be an olympic sport lol!

Whose up for setting up a team? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Settle down Tiger. I have bigger fish to fry.

I had fish and chips for tea.

Are you stalking me??????????

Laughing

So did I. The missus had squid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Of course we don't mind Tring, it's why this site is what it is. Freedom to express your opinion.

It just winds me up sometimes when a perfectly good discussion descends into 'them and us' or 'him and us'.

I think it's quite funny that this thread has gone completely off topic and we haven't moved/split/locked it - in fact it's bloody marvellous. lol!

Nail on head!

What's wrong with topics drifting off onto other discussions, it's perfectly normal human behavior and it doesn't require a dictator moderator to dictate everything.

How about "I love ATD" tee shirts? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Bear baiting could be an olympic sport lol!

Whose up for setting up a team? jocolor

Thank 'jimmy brent'[god] you've arrived mate. We need someone to pass the baton on to. I'm going to the pub, for a change.

Keep up the good work . You've all done very well ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get this feckin idiot out now before its too late   get this feckin idiot out now before its too late - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

get this feckin idiot out now before its too late
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next