seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Went to the range crownhill for paint for the kitchen and some potting compost(lockdown essentials?) Was surprised at how busy it was and even more surprised at the lack of effort shown by some to maintain a safe distance.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 pm

One of our local garden centres has been taking online orders for certain postcodes in the area, closing the web site, delivering the goods and then re opening for the next set of postcodes. It seems to be working well.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 5:53 am

I dont think any country comes out well in this screenshot from Friday but nevertheless we are stone cold bottom....... Pleased to see the weekend media have finally come around to outright criticising this hapless government and the 1000s they've killed. Scientists revealing that Boris ignored their recommendations for 5 weeks !!  Just mind boggling

Ran out of PPE running short of Oxygen yet the blond ponce continues to sit on his fat arse whilst feeding Hancock to the wolves

As regards the screenshot I havent chopped it at 20 thats where it ended. Utter incompetance

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:00 am

Sunday Times absolutely crucifying the useless twat.
Indefensible words fail me

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:07 am

I almost look forward to whatever early morning quote/chart/graph/rant Harve finds each day now. Very Happy It’s as if Franny is alive and kicking on ATD.

Just to show how utterly pointless selection stats can be, there are 210 countries or territories hit by Covid 19. So for another pointless selective stat, we’re 20th out of 210.

That said, absolutely we should be testing waaaaay more than we have. Obviously we should.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:15 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I almost look forward to whatever early morning quote/chart/graph/rant Harve finds each day now.

Whilst a few still believe that Boris is doing a grand job I'll continue to crucify the useless cowering idiot. I acknowledge however that number has dwindled hugely. Nobody can be unaware of how hopeless this lump is.

As for the graph it was showing in the main all the first world countries and not the other 200 odd banana republics
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:48 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I almost look forward to whatever early morning quote/chart/graph/rant Harve finds each day now.

Whilst a few still believe that Boris is doing a grand job I'll continue to crucify the useless cowering idiot. I acknowledge however that number has dwindled hugely. Nobody can be unaware of how hopeless this lump is.

As for the graph it was showing in the main all the first world countries and not the other 200 odd banana republics

With our number of dead and dying I think you’ll struggle to find too many that think the government is doing a grand job.

What is most alarming for me is the fact that we are all but four weeks into a supposed lockdown. The fact that we are still getting over 5000 new cases every day, tells you all you need to know about how half-arsed, flimsy, and totally unregulated that ‘lockdown’ has been.

B&Q is opening again today by all accounts. Beggars belief.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:55 am

Covid-19 testing only means something if the testing kits are actually genuine and working....if they are sub-standard then that will be criminal and will bring about wave after wave of further cases....watch and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

With our number of dead and dying I think you’ll struggle to find too many that think the government is doing a grand job.

What is most alarming for me is the fact that we are all but four weeks into a supposed lockdown. The fact that we are still getting over 5000 new cases every day, tells you all you need to know about how half-arsed, flimsy, and totally unregulated that ‘lockdown’ has been.

B&Q is opening again today by all accounts. Beggars belief.

A group of "big hitters" has urged the gov to get us all back to work in a few weeks. It did amaze me me that they didnt give big business a go in the drivers seat from the off after all they have been running the country for ever anyway.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:25 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Trouble is Harve literally everything you post is manufactured by remainers for remainers to try and bring Bojo down for implementing Brexit and that is a fact.
What annoys me more is that all these piss poor facts and graphs give Bojo and the government a get out of jail free card because then all opposition becomes fake news, just look at Trump if you want proof of that.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:51 am

Micheal Gove just got utterly utterly slaughtered by Sophie Ridge Live on Sky
Simply couldn't answer simple questions !! Fake news Ears just watch these clowns !!
19 Minutes of yap and he said absolutely nothing. The Sunday Times have absolutely mullered them and Gove knows it talk about wriggling on the hook. Embarrassing....

Ridge managed to nail him on the 100,000 tests daily in 11 days time. They're completely fvcked
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:40 am

Yet untouchable, once Doris has recovered from his liposuction or whatever he has been treated for, he will rise Trump like from the ashes, burbling Greek to a nation of moist panty wearing fans.

I am fine, back at work, the crew are fine and all our families are well, worldwide.

Good to hear that ATDers are in rude health too, stay safe folks.

We are lucky that such a fine statesman like Dom Cummings is in charge, I look forward to the next advice from the Royal family too, and Jesus.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:44 am

Cheers Boris
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:51 am

Trump is now trying to suggest that the Chinese may have started this covid-19 virus deliberately - or it was a problem that got out of hand.

LINK

War talk !!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Ok we have had 25 pages on here and 16 on Mayflower about covid 19. Lots of claims, questions and articles have been posted but one of the most important ones hasn’t.

How are you all coping and are you well?

Personally I am fine with no symptoms at all. I have been a bit snuffly but I think that is more to do with hayfever. My family are all well but I have to admit that we have to spend some time apart to stop us killing each other! I tend to sit outside in my car for a while to clear my head. We are lucky to live in a 3 bed house with a garden and we need time apart so I hate to think what it is like for those in a flat.

As I said I hope you are all well and try to appreciate what you have even if you want to kill them! Very Happy

I am not coping with this very well at all now. I was ok at the start but, it is getting to me a tad. I live in a small flat and I am starting to go stir crazy, on top of that I have a stinking cold too.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:13 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Micheal Gove just got utterly utterly slaughtered by Sophie Ridge Live on Sky
Simply couldn't answer simple questions !! Fake news Ears just watch these clowns  !!
19 Minutes of yap and he said absolutely nothing. The Sunday Times have absolutely mullered them and Gove knows it talk about wriggling on the hook. Embarrassing....

Ridge managed to nail him on the 100,000 tests daily in 11 days time. They're completely fvcked

WTF are you on about now? Michael Gove is a lying oily faced back stabbing little bastard with the moral fibre of an earthworm and is more interested in his career than the British public, that's a fact not fake news. The lack of testing has been mentioned by me several times. The fake news was the graph you published the other day which when I looked I could find no CREDIBLE agencies backing up at the time. It's the sources of your facts that make less than credible.
If you want a stick to beat the government with then just wait for someone to whistleblower on operation Cygnus carried out in 2019 which was us practicing for a pandemic.

"Exercise Cygnus was a simulation exercise carried out by the British government in October 2016[1] to estimate the impact of a hypothetical influenza pandemic on the United Kingdom. The exercise showed that the pandemic would cause the country's health system to collapse from a lack of resources,[2][3] with Sally Davies, the Chief Medical Officer at the time, stating that a lack of medical ventilators and the logistics of disposal of dead bodies were serious problems.[4][5] As of April 2020, the full results of the exercise remain classified."

At no time have I been supportive of the governments handing of this but I fully believe that there is enough credible evidence to show the government has handled this very badly without resorting to skewed Facebook opinion pieces heavily biased by people with ulterior motives. You are playing into their hands by posting such shite.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:18 am

VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Ok we have had 25 pages on here and 16 on Mayflower about covid 19. Lots of claims, questions and articles have been posted but one of the most important ones hasn’t.

Personally I am fine with no symptoms at all. I have been a bit snuffly but I think that is more to do with hayfever. My family are all well but I have to admit that we have to spend some time apart to stop us killing each other! I tend to sit outside in my car for a while to clear my head. We are lucky to live in a 3 bed house with a garden and we need time apart so I hate to think what it is like for those in a flat.

As I said I hope you are all well and try to appreciate what you have even if you want to kill them! Very Happy

I am not coping with this very well at all now. I was ok at the start but, it is getting to me a tad. I live in a small flat and I am starting to go stir crazy, on top of that I have a stinking cold too.

If I could suggest one thing Village, I’d say stop scouring the news pages. Seriously. Literally all it will do is depress you. I was like you about a month ago. Then I stopped reading 90% of it, and started reading books instead. study

I’ve found it to be very therapeutic. flower

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:22 am

VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I do feel for you mate. All you can do is look at the bigger picture and try not to watch the news. Hope it is just a cold although maybe you should phone the Covid hotline to check your symptoms? I would love to have a test as myself and several people I know had an awful cold in November/December personally I haven't been so I'll since I had Hong Kong Flu in the early eighties. I also caught it from my brother in law who works in Derriford.
Have you got people who can do your shopping for you? If not there are plenty of people in every community who will help if you reach out to them and in the meantime just bash the box sets and look after yourself and obviously get well soon mate.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:37 am

China could be seeing a second wave

This virus ain't going away anytime soon and it could be far worse a second time around. I read something the day before last that covid-19 is a unique virus and acts in a certain way that is not common in other corona viruses, now that is terrifying.

The World Health Organisation are saying that there is no concrete proof to suggest that people can't get the virus a second time, they have issued a caution warning regarding the immunity testing kits that are big in the news, saying the research is simple not there at the moment to 100% say you can't get it a second, or third, or fourth time.

On the radio last night an expert was saying renewed lockdowns every few weeks will become the norm as this virus goes around and around.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 am

Here you go Harve some actual dirt on operation Cygnus,

• NHS England prepared for and participated in Exercise Cygnus, a
three-day exercise looking at the impact of a pandemic influenza
outbreak, and the significant impacts on health delivery a widespread
pandemic in the UK would trigger.

8. Our preparations for pandemic influenza were exercised in October 2016 with NHS
England participating in Exercise Cygnus. The exercise was set seven weeks into a
severe pandemic outbreak and challenged the NHS to review its response to an
overwhelmed service with reduced staff availability. Plans are currently being
revised to incorporate the learning from this exercise and ensure our continued
preparedness for future pandemic influenza outbreaks. We are also continuing the
challenging work around the management of surge and escalation decision making
processes.

Source NHS England Paper: PB.30.03.2017/10

So we actually planned for this eventuality in 2016 now if the hidden report says that the government should allow unrestricted travel until the pandemic has taken control then Bojo will have a get out of jail free card however Im pretty sure they have ignored all the advice from it. One thing in particular, and it was wide;y reported in march and april in the broadsheets is that a lack of ventilators was a key concern.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 12:35 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

This virus ain't going away anytime soon and it could be far worse a second time around. I read something the day before last that covid-19 is a unique virus and acts in a certain way that is not common in other corona viruses, now that is terrifying.

The World Health Organisation are saying that there is no concrete proof to suggest that people can't get the virus a second time, they have issued a caution warning regarding the immunity testing kits that are big in the news, saying the research is simple not there at the moment to 100% say you can't get it a second, or third, or fourth time.

On the radio last night an expert was saying renewed lockdowns every few weeks will become the norm as this virus goes around and around.

You’re not helping yourself !

But yeah it ain’t rocket science. While there’s no vaccine and the virus is still there, of course cases will rise again as soon as we come out of lockdown. It’s only people with their heads still in the sand that haven’t yet woken up to that reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

There may be something in that:

“Fears are growing that patients who recover from the coronavirus may not have immunity, after South Korea revealed that increasing numbers of people are testing positive for a second time.

Some 163 patients there have been found to have Covid-19 again, having previously being discharged following a first bout.

The findings raise the disturbing possibility that contracting the infection once does not guarantee a natural defence in the future.

Speaking at a press conference on Friday, Kwon Joon-wook, deputy director of the Korea Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, said authorities would now test 400 people who had been infected, with the aim of determining specifically how much – if any – immunity they appear to have.

However, he emphasised there was no concrete evidence that patients who had tested positive twice had actually contracted the virus again.

Listen to the latest episode of The Independent Coronavirus Podcast
Rather, officials said that, while possible explanations are still being investigated, they suspect it may simply be a sign that the original virus had not disappeared from the body entirely: the hyper-sensitive tests may have detected fragments of the destroyed virus’s RNA.

“That’s one possible and very strong explanation,” Kwon said.

The same theory was posited by Zhong Nanshan, one of China’s top respiratory experts, earlier in the week.

In a press conference, he said that a recovered person can test positive because elements of deactivated disease remained in their body. “I’m not too worried about this issue,” he added.”
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:19 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

This sort of statement is why some people are giving the WHO grief. It provides only half the story. The other half being, that if you did become reinfected, it would be the first time it ever happened for this type of virus.

I watched the esteemed Dr Fauci on TV recently say he "doubted very much that you could become infected again so soon with Covid-19".  In fact he said he's bet his house on the fact that you couldn't.

I'll go with what he believes.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Some good news on PPE not taken up by the paper press

Coronavirus: Logistics company flies in tonnes of PPE as imports procedure gets tricky

Far Logistics has chartered a flight carrying thousands of PPE pieces to the UK after orders were made from various suppliers.

By Emma Birchley, news correspondent
Sunday 19 April 2020 16:47, UK

A plane loaded with 68 tonnes of disposable gloves, masks and visors has arrived at Heathrow and is already on its way to the frontline.

The flight packed with personal protective equipment from China landed at the airport in west London on Saturday afternoon.

It had been chartered by global freight forwarders Far Logistics after orders were placed by multiple suppliers with manufacturers in Asia.

Managing director Louis Phillips, based in Felixstowe, said the first discussion about bringing in the cargo was only a week ago but that this would be the first flight of many.

A plane carrying 10 million face masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) from China landed at Glasgow’s Prestwick Airport. Credit: NHS National Services Scotland

He said: "There were tens of thousands of individual pieces on this one and there are tens of millions to come behind that."

Many of those items will be imported by other companies like his.

He added: "When you are working on a project like this, it's about contributing to the national effort to the frontline, which is struggling currently."

From the airport, the goods head to distribution centres, and, by Sunday afternoon, Mr Phillips expected some of the items to have already arrived where they are needed most.

"The NHS is a primary concern but it's going to care homes; it's going to GP surgeries and police forces; anyone who requires PPE in the UK," he said.

The pandemic has made importing goods more tricky than normal, removing the ability to move them in the holds of passenger planes.

Ships are also out of the question considering the necessary timeframe.

Mr Phillips added: "Goods from Asia to the UK depart and arrive in one day by air. With ocean freight, it takes a month to transit from port to port.

"Usually, we would have lots of options to get planes in but because of the lack of commercial airlines operating, there are fewer options."

Importing is also made complicated after becoming more heavily regulated due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As part of the process, he said the company was in contact with the government "on multiple levels".

And Chinese authorities are carrying out additional checks on each shipment, issuing commodity inspection certificates to ensure standards are met.

Mr Phillips says further flights are planned at least weekly.

He added that his company has "been knocking on doors looking for this business," but ultimately "it's all about being able to help".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next