Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 4:52 am

Earwegoagain where you going on holiday to out of interest ?? I recall you mentioning time difference of five and a half hours before or did I get that wrong ??
Goa is 5.5 in front (I think)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:31 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I know a couple people who are due to fly out soon but they are in limbo because until the foreign office gives an official advice warning not to travel, if you take it off your own back to cancel, then your insurance won’t pay out.

Bizarrely when we arrived at Heathrow Thursday morning I was expecting E Gates off and everyone face to face to immigration.
Not a sausage no thermal scanners no special lanes if you'd been in the Far East absolutely nothing and yet both Bangkoks two main airports have thermal scanners taking tempertures on inbound flights.
I had really been expecting a tug after being in Manila and Bangkok.....nothing !

I would not and will not be booking any trips until this is under control.....its a recipe for being stranded overseas for potentially months. If I'd already booked for say next month I would abort and take the flight cost loss FCO advice or otherwise

People are literally going to get marooned here

You wait until this takes off in India Jesus wept....

You are a ray of sunshine aren't you? Lol. I'm off tomorrow and hopefully in the month I'm away it will sort itself out. No way will I cancel.

Hardly...today Kuwait have started evacuating their citizens from Thailand.
When someone like me who worries about nothing and would have zero problem in being stranded for a year declines a trip others should take notice...
The chances of any of us catching it is probably 0.00001% but the chance of associated disruption I'd now put at 40-50%

Life can and will go on and anyway getting stranded in a sun kissed country sounds way more preferable to staying in this rain sodden shithole for the next month.

Totallly agree Ears.
America overnight now banning any foreign citizen that has been in Iran in the last 14 days.

Can't see the point in doing that now as covid-19 is in the USA, heard a spokesman from Washington DC on the radio saying it's here and we can expect more cases.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 am

This LINK gives the number of known cases globally.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 2:46 pm

A chappy from Washington saying last night that the virus has probably been in the area for around six weeks.

He went on to say that many are probably unaware that they have got covid-19 - instead thinking they have a winter cold - and are spreading it willy-nilly.

He stated that cases could rise into the hundreds over the coming weeks.

A UK boffin has said the same for here.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 2:31 pm

Another 32 cases this afternoon in UK
Just a matter of time before all large gatherings are curtailed. Still if Sky are covering at least we'd still see the derby match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 6:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spray 3 times a day
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 pm

I believe 87 people out of 65 million = approx. 0.000133% of the UK population.

I won't be worrying about this virus for a while yet.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 7:57 pm

I know every news agency is busy shouting from the rooftops every time anyone so much as sneezes in the UK.

What would be interesting - and indeed far more newsworthy, is to know exactly what the situation is now in Wuhan. What is the current rate of infection/recovery/contingency planning etc etc.

I can't remember the last news bulletin I saw or read that gave any China information, and that surely is the blueprint in terms of restrictive measures in a worse case scenario over here.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:51 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I believe 87 people out of 65 million = approx. 0.000133% of the UK population.

I won't be worrying about this virus for a while yet.

I wont be worrying period (my mate now laughing his socks off) having returned from Far East but the spread of this could escalate wildly into the population in the uk. Christ even the chief medical officer says possibilty of 1 in 5 off sick moving forward

To answer the other question I was reading early February that the true death figure from China was 93,000 in local media rags (Not Chinese before our friend avidly bites)
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:08 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I know every news agency is busy shouting from the rooftops every time anyone so much as sneezes in the UK.

What would be interesting - and indeed far more newsworthy, is to know exactly what the situation is now in Wuhan. What is the current rate of infection/recovery/contingency planning etc etc.

I can't remember the last news bulletin I saw or read that gave any China information, and that surely is the blueprint in terms of restrictive measures in a worse case scenario over here.

It's quite instructive to compare Europe as whole with China as, in terms of geography, they are roughly similar size (3.931 and 3.705 million square miles respectively). Population is a bit more different 747.5 million for Europe, 1.4 billion for China, in effect doubled.

Yesterday, China reported 131 new cases, whereas all European countries combined reported 897 new cases.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 pm

I wonder how bad this really will get and how far down the line it could stretch, in the UK that is. Been reading reports of two to three months.

This was informative.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 3:34 am

Been in Sri Lanka for nearly a week Heathrow saw about ten aisians wearing masks otherwise total normality. All staff on plane wearing masks and we're scanned by infa red at Colombia on arrivAl.
First time I've looked at news and wish I hadn't I haven't missed the hysteria at all.
Talking to an Italian yesterday his gf said he predicted a major world crisis last for the money people to work to their own advantage and here it is. I don't usually go for conspiracies but it wouldn't shock me.
BBC made me laugh picture of a huge tourist area CLOSED for deep cleaning followed by one of the same place on its busiest day ever. Calm down ffs.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Been in Sri Lanka for nearly a week Heathrow saw about ten aisians wearing masks otherwise total normality. All staff on plane wearing masks and we're scanned by infa red at Colombia on arrivAl.
First time I've looked at news and wish I hadn't I haven't missed the hysteria at all.
Talking to an Italian yesterday his gf said he predicted a major world crisis last for the money people to work to their own advantage and here it is. I don't usually go for conspiracies but it wouldn't shock me.
BBC made me laugh picture of a huge tourist area CLOSED for deep cleaning followed by one of the same place on its busiest day ever. Calm down ffs.

Very little chance of any of us getting it I agree but what happens if leisure travel flights are locked down. Dr at Reading University yesterday leading the development of a vaccine is saying 12-18 months before available because of mandatory testing required.
Fair play that you went though have to say I wouldnt have and certainly wont be anytime soon.

Europe maybe where if worse came to worse you could return home overland but not Asia or further east (or the States for that matter)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 10:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Very little chance of any of us getting it I agree but what happens if leisure travel flights are locked down. Dr at Reading University yesterday leading the development of a vaccine is saying 12-18 months before available because of mandatory testing required.
Fair play that you went though have to say I wouldnt have and certainly wont be anytime soon.

Europe maybe where if worse came to worse you could return home overland but not Asia or further east (or the States for that matter)

Was it this chap

If not, it was a good interview and chappy laid it out on the table.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 11:09 am

For those of you that like a good conspiracy theory on covid-19, then this is for you
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 7:33 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Why not? Have you not looked at the data?

If Thailand's your destination of choice...?....they currently have just 50 cases and one death. Bearing in mind they were the first county outside of China to have a recorded case of Covid-19, that's a pretty impressive containment record.

At present, you are far more at risk in Europe in...

Italy 5883 cases....
Germany 800
France 716
Spain 503
Switerland 268
UK 206
Netherlands 188
Belgium 169
Sweden 161
Norway 155
Austria 79

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 8:03 pm

If someone on here has the ear of the club or indeed if they read this can they explain why they bothered to put posters up about washing your hands in toilets and kiosk areas which is great and should be done in anycase why they only supply cold water to do so?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 6:50 am

Czarcasm wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Why not? Have you not looked at the data?

If Thailand's your destination of choice...?....they currently have just 50 cases and one death. Bearing in mind they were the first county outside of China to have a recorded case of Covid-19, that's a pretty impressive containment record.

At present, you are far more at risk in Europe in...

Italy 5883 cases....
Germany 800
France 716
Spain 503
Switerland 268
UK 206
Netherlands 188
Belgium 169
Sweden 161
Norway 155
Austria 79

Czar
If you think Thailand the most racist country on planet earth and in the top 5 of corruption are even remotely telling the truth because of the huge "face" issue involved than think again.

100's are returning from Korea infected. I'd be surprised if the real figure is less than Italy at best and highly likely more with their 39 Million annual visitors (rapidly dropping)

More to the point though where the hell is India on that list !! The most depraved disgusting dirty snot blowing underpants in swimming pool filthy buggers alive
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 8:11 am

This is what you're up against in Thailand.....not a chance in hell that figures are accurate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Post by # Dlock half hour ago tells you all you need to know about these jokers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 8:33 am

As I said I'm in Lanka where they have had one case which turned out to test negative. Meanwhile the Chinese have invested shut loads over here and as a result want their workers doing all the labour. They have all been sent home and travel from China has been stopped for some time. In that time the EU and UK have really done fook all bar running around with their arms in the arm whilst screaming and wetting their knickers. At the end of the day I'm far safer here than in Blighty imo.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 8:36 am

But your figures don't add up Harv.

If it was as rife as you think, then a proportion of the thousands that have come back from holidaying there in the last two months would have been bringing infection home with them - there's no opportunity for Thai authorities to lie with figures then, is there? And then we'd have had the same restrictions as travelling from Italy put on it.

In fact, have there been any actual confirmed reports of any Brits infected after returning from Thailand? I don't recall seeing any, and I'm keeping a very close eye on it.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 12:07 pm

It's rife in Italy where people socialise more daily.
Seria a in jeopardy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 6:08 pm

This could seriously affect MP's holidays in Tuscany.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 2:52 am

What the experts say and conclude...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Went to the local co op yesterday to get a paper and the like, low and behold, all the toilet rolls had been hovered up by the panicked ones, along with various tissues too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next