Les Miserable
Dougie
Chemical Ali
Elias
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:55 am

ejh wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Rather quietly spoken, almost reserved sort of chap:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seems to enjoy a bit of a bust up-interesting chants from the St Mirren fans lol! ;

Could be some very compulsive touchline viewing next season.

How can you not LOVE that second link? He's almost like a supporter feeling the frustration, feeling every kick and hard tackle. He very nearly loses control though when he remembers he's 5 yards onto the field of play, let alone out of his technical area, and on his way to deck the CB!!

It really is the passion we have missed for a long time. Real everyone is against us, us against the world dynamics. You can see how he built teams of immense togetherness from that passion.

FFS - I'll be in tears in a minute. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 am

Appears a good choice to me, better than I had hoped, young and passionate.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 am

Strange that he's announced on official site before press conference? Unless they had to do that because Errington/ local media let the cat out of the bag. Welcome to Argyle, Derek!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:16 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

He looks like he's school,uniform there!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

And he can string a few sentences together................now all we need is to be rid of the reluctant one and his bucket rattling , janner jamboys.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 am

I wonder what changes he will make to the backroom staff and whether he will keep McCarthy,Wotton and Wilmot on (Harbin is going)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:33 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Welcome to the mad house Derek Adams, may your time with Argyle be a huge success.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

ejh wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Seems to enjoy a bit of a bust up-interesting chants from the St Mirren fans lol! ;

How can you not LOVE that second link? He's almost like a supporter feeling the frustration, feeling every kick and hard tackle. He very nearly loses control though when he remembers he's 5 yards onto the field of play, let alone out of his technical area, and on his way to deck the CB!!

It really is the passion we have missed for a long time. Real everyone is against us, us against the world dynamics. You can see how he built teams of immense togetherness from that passion.

He certainly has not just the look of a young Billy Davies, but the antics too, a bit Steve Evans but without the prospect of an imminent heart attack.

That sort of behaviour certainly irritates the hell out of us when the opposition manager does it but it's always a different thing when your manager is doing it. Several people have commented to me down the years what a loathsome shit they thought Colin was with his histrionics in the dug-out. But it's passionately endearing when YOUR bloke does it, stuff like the jumping the fence v Colchester.

Gotta love going toe to toe with Terry Butcher, not many would do that, like a west highland terrier taking on a pitbull Very Happy.

I'm sure I'll quickly learn to love it again, it'll take longer to overcome my nagging doubt about the effect of it all, outlined by this comment from a Ross County fan....

"No doubt our most successful manager. Took a team of discarded youngsters from the Scottish second division to the SPL. We had a Scottish cup final (beating Celtic to get there) and a 40 match unbeaten run on our way to the SPL, playing some wonderful football. He does have bad points though, his personality will split your fan base and your dressing room, he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills. Still think he'll achieve success with you though"

Well he's arguably achieved the fan base split already, fine, t'was ever thus. The dressing room bit matters more though, a high rotation of players is something we can't afford, literally.

There may be trouble ahead but if he goes on to achieve the success, geddon Del Bhey Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:55 am

Good appointment in my mind. Good luck Derek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 am

His first job will be tell the Nooligans to fek off.. i await a new Twatter account geing set up
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
And he can string a few sentences together................now all we need is to be rid of the reluctant one and his bucket rattling janner jamboys.

Looks good to me. Abrasive and ruthless when he needs to be. Suspect the Jamboys wouldn't dare introduce a Parody Twitter account for this guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

We must be the only club that does broadcast press conferences with new managers or signings.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

Welcome indeed.

Just out of curiosity, and at the risk of sounding a hundred years old, why does absolutely everything need a hashtag?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:47 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Welcome indeed.

Just out of curiosity, and at the risk of sounding a hundred years old, why does absolutely everything need a hashtag?

anti social media innit.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:55 am

X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Got a feeling something isn't right.

what do you mean?

Beat me to it, something not right with Adams or with the announcement kicking on into Thursday EJH?

Why ? Its reported on Club Website
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 12:12 pm

the ross county fans view of our new boss. Dont be fooled by the thread title on there though its not all anti and this where they talk about us (last 2 pages).
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 12:57 pm

This is a great appointment IMO. He's a young hungry manager who has had some phenomenal success and I am now looking forward to the season with some enthusiasm.
Now for some new signings  cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:03 pm

ST sells are going to soar. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:16 pm

"he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills" Shirley a career as a motivational speaker awaits?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 pm

X Isle wrote:
ejh wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

He certainly has not just the look of a young Billy Davies, but the antics too, a bit Steve Evans but without the prospect of an imminent heart attack.

That sort of behaviour certainly irritates the hell out of us when the opposition manager does it but it's always a different thing when your manager is doing it. Several people have commented to me down the years what a loathsome shit they thought Colin was with his histrionics in the dug-out. But it's passionately endearing when YOUR bloke does it, stuff like the jumping the fence v Colchester.

Gotta love going toe to toe with Terry Butcher, not many would do that, like a west highland terrier taking on a pitbull Very Happy.

I'm sure I'll quickly learn to love it again, it'll take longer to overcome my nagging doubt about the effect of it all, outlined by this comment from a Ross County fan....

"No doubt our most successful manager. Took a team of discarded youngsters from the Scottish second division to the SPL. We had a Scottish cup final (beating Celtic to get there) and a 40 match unbeaten run on our way to the SPL, playing some wonderful football. He does have bad points though, his personality will split your fan base and your dressing room, he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills. Still think he'll achieve success with you though"

Well he's arguably achieved the fan base split already, fine, t'was ever thus. The dressing room bit matters more though, a high rotation of players is something we can't afford, literally.

There may be trouble ahead but if he goes on to achieve the success, geddon Del Bhey Thanks/OK

He actually reminds me partially of Alex Ferguson, a man who could be an obnoxious bully at times, a sore (bad) loser, would have bursts of extreme temper (sacking Peter Schmeichel for answering back in the dressing room), and become hostile to his own players to the point they were terrified of him.

Ferguson made some big decisions that split the fan base, the likes of selling Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham and booting out Keane. Constantly reinvented his teams (I suppose you have to in 26 years managing one club). However he had the respect of the fans by and large by that point who largely kept the faith that their boss knew best.

Mourinho whilst not having the anger and alpha male characteristics of Fergie, also makes his own contentious calls, like getting rid of player of the season Juan Mata. Chelsea's best player at the time, but fast forward two years and Mourinho was right - he has a side of champions and Mata wouldn't get in that side.

We are clearly in for a rocky ride, especially if we're not getting the results. But the whole club has to unite behind this man through thick and thin and trust in his judgement. If he isn't getting a positive reaction out of Reuben for example, and wants to rid and replace, then that is what we have to do. If we trust the bloke and his instincts, could be surprising how far we go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Is not a little bit too soon to be likening him to sir alex or Luggy? At the moment all we truly know about him that he has in common with those two is he is scottish.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Harbin going? Thumbs
His motivational skills were very absent at times. As for PW and SMcC - its DA's choice. No room in footy for loyalty or sympathy.

Film of Graiser beh here
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Got a feeling something isn't right.

what do you mean?

Beat me to it, something not right with Adams or with the announcement kicking on into Thursday EJH?

Why ? Its reported on Club Website

It is now. It wasn't when EJH and I posted last night. An "I understand" tw@@t from Errington was all there was. Personally I didn't doubt Del Bhey was the man we were hiring at that point, like Angry I was just enquiring what EJH felt 'wasn't right'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:47 pm

tigertony wrote:
Harbin going? Thumbs
His motivational skills were very absent at times. As for PW and SMcC - its DA's choice. No room in footy for loyalty or sympathy.

Film of Graiser beh here

but his fitness work was top notch an that will need to be replaced before pre season with someone equally if not more savvy than Harbin. I can see wotton staying on over mcCarthy if there is a choice between the two however i'd keep both on myself as we had a strong defence due to the work of wotton and good at going forward thanks to the work of mccarthy. Im sure Del Bhey when he researches the squad inherited and his backroom staff before he starts making decisions going forward will see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next