Les Miserable
Dougie
Chemical Ali
Elias
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:35 pm

I was hoping for Jones as the new gaffer. I had a niggling suspicion that Jones could have been something special - just a feeling like. But, I am also happy with the appointment of Adams and his relative success north of the border.

I think Adams could bring the return of passion and excitement to HP, with his reported animation and passion for the game.

Welcome aboard DA.

COYG.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Happy with Dezza, this is as good as it gets with Jimmy! Naturally i will be backing Laird Dez from behind my keyboard and wish  him well,though i fully expect x isle to start sniping at him after the first defeat!!!.... och aye the nooo.

Must admit that the appointment, if it happens, would be worthwhile if only to piss on some smug, self satisfied chips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Scottish grit just what we need - welcome Derek, calls for a wee dram!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Just what is it with Argo's infatuation with Scottish managers? Ah well - didn't do Man U any harm, did it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Happy with Dezza, this is as good as it gets with Jimmy! Naturally i will be backing Laird Dez from behind my keyboard and wish  him well,though i fully expect x isle to start sniping at him after the first defeat!!!.... och aye the nooo.

Must admit that the appointment, if it happens, would be worthwhile if only to piss on some smug, self satisfied chips.

Steady skinner, the sussex wise man will have you down as a Rabid ATD beast like myself, which was a little unpleasant and not entirely accurate!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Another one for the The Dolphin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Dougie wrote:
He's in the best position to take the club forward in the past half dozen years.  The team stuttered to a near promotion on the back of dismal tactics and a half hearted enthusiasm by the board.

that board is still there though thats the problem. Who knows maybe Derek Adams will turn out to be a very shrewd appointment or maybe he will a disaster but it would have been nice to judge him going forward without the reluctant ones restrictions budget wise or lack of any ambition to see the cub rise up the leagues.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Another one for the The Dolphin
Didn't I read that he doesn't drink? laugh

Thing is though - do we want a Scotsman who knows his own mind and insists the players do as they are asked (like Luggy?) or a Scotsman who will kick teacups to get a point across (like SAF) or a Scotsman who will rant and rave on the touchline (like Steve Evans) or a Scotsman who will build with no money (Graham Alexander) or a Scotsman who will ensure consistency (Micky Mellon) or a Scotsman who will turn round a team at the blink of a season (Alex Neil)

D'you know what - I think we do Thumbs

:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Good luck to the guy, but does he know about the ovewhelming lack of ambition at board level and the reluctant one's quivering lip antics to avoid funding a serious promo push.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:
He's in the best position to take the club forward in the past half dozen years.  The team stuttered to a near promotion on the back of dismal tactics and a half hearted enthusiasm by the board.

that board is still there though thats the problem. Who knows maybe Derek Adams will turn out to be a very shrewd appointment or maybe he will a disaster but it would have been nice to judge him going forward without the reluctant ones restrictions budget wise or lack of any ambition to see the cub rise up the leagues.

Absolutely! raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Cant help but think his lack of knowledge of the English game will be a major factor. Mind you his big ego and even bigger gob will make sure for plenty of popcorn time for us on here next season, especially if it concerns the chairman lol.
C'mon Angry.
That applies to SAF / Luggy / Alex Neil

As someone else said ''things could get interesting'' popcorn
El Pres better watch out - reckon this guy would fight back Handbags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
Cant help but think his lack of knowledge of the English game will be a major factor. Mind you his big ego and even bigger gob will make sure for plenty of popcorn time for us on here next season, especially if it concerns the chairman lol.
C'mon Angry.
That applies to SAF / Luggy / Alex Neil

As someone else said ''things could get interesting'' popcorn
El Pres better watch out - reckon this guy would fight back Handbags

i was waiting for someone to try liken him to sir alex or luggy lol
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Just what is it with Argo's infatuation with Scottish managers? Ah well - didn't do Man U any harm, did it.

To be fair, it hasn't done Argyle any harm either seeing that four out of the seven promotion winning managers have been Scots. Who knows,this may even persuade Greenjock to make a comeback. cheers
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:09 pm

We're never going to afford the technical players Jones is used to and would have led to another round of loans.

Could cobble together enough blood and snotters to battle out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:

To be fair, it hasn't done Argyle any harm either seeing that four out of the seven promotion winning managers have been Scots. Who knows,this may even persuade Greenjock to make a comeback. cheers

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:13 pm

green_genie wrote:
We're never going to afford the technical players Jones is used to and would have led to another round of loans.

You cant play Fanny Football in the fourth division, lets hope Dezza knows a few wild men from the Highlands who can play a bit!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:15 pm

green_genie wrote:

By all accounts he likely pacey counter attacking football with width Thumbs

One of my personal criticisms of the Shez regime was the lack of width and wide play which made Argyle very one dimensional (but a good defensive unit). Probably one of the reasons why we could never win after conceding first.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

None of us know the guy so we have no idea how he will be at the club, I would like to think he says it how it is to the reluctant one and tells Webb to stop interfering and feck off, but apparently he does'nt swear. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Ok, So I'm up for backing DA 100% now that he's, well, albiet appointed as the new boss. What worries me is that I wonder what utter and complete fur-lined, ocean going BS , old lippy and his side kicks may have spun to persuade him to take the job.

I hope that Brent has been up straight so DA knows exactly what he's letting himself into.

I'll not pre-judge DA or comment further until the season starts. Seeing the little I know about the guy - it would seem unfair to do so.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:22 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
green_genie wrote:

You cant play Fanny Football in the fourth division, lets hope Dezza knows a few wild men from the Highlands who can play a bit!
laugh

His 1st signing will be a guy called Gerard Benderoth - to compete with Porkyfenwa.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:27 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Steady skinner, the sussex wise man will have you down as a Rabid ATD beast like myself, which was a little unpleasant and not entirely accurate!

Firstly, don't exaggerate SS68, I said 'the more rabid end of ATD'. No names named as none were in my mind. Perhaps if you can't see there's a more 'spikey' PASOTI obsessed end of the spectrum you're a little too close. Anyway I'd have thought some would take it as a badge of honour, not find it unpleasant Very Happy. It's as a term of endearment, I've always said folk here are decent sorts at heart just coming at the whole Argyle thing from a different perspective.

Secondly. GS, my preferred choice last time out was Keith Hill. You didn't hear me 'sniping' at John Sheridan, I'm not petty and vindictive (see above...I'm kidding Wink ). Nope, he'll get the same fair crack of the whip JS got, he only lost me years later once it became clear something wasn't right and he wasn't getting out of the squad all that he should have been.

We move on, new dawn, new horizon, bla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 pm

Skynet;

"Well well well. Nathan Jones was the preferred choice for a long time. I cannot believe they have given it to Adams. Maybe it came down to money"

Rickler's going to love Skynet's defence on that one.

"Yes, could be money.....or it could be because you know feck all."
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:41 pm

I would love to Be there when Zippy, Bungle and George try to educate the man about how us Janners operate and how "things round here are done".

Good to see that those that slagged off Sheridan for being too northern are now embracing on social media a man who falls asleep in the Arctic watching the northern lights. To Sheridan the Northern Lights was a titty bar in Huddersfield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I would love to Be there when Zippy, Bungle and George try to educate the man about how us Janners operate and how "things round here are done".

Good to see that those that slagged off Sheridan for being too northern are now embracing on social media a man who falls asleep in the Arctic watching the northern lights. To Sheridan the Northern Lights was a titty bar in Huddersfield.

If he is who they say he is he will tel them to do one. He will win my favour forever if does that publicly lol
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Good luck to the new bloke, all I really care about is finally getting out of this bastarding league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next