Dougie
Chemical Ali
Elias
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm

seadog wrote:
"he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills" Shirley a career as a motivational speaker awaits?

Like. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:51 pm

[quote="harvetheslayer"]
X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Got a feeling something isn't right.

what do you mean?

Beat me to it, something not right with Adams or with the announcement kicking on into Thursday EJH?

Why ?  Its reported on Club Website[/quote

Derek was in Scotland yesterday, flew down to little Exeter this morning. chauffeur car was waiting for him to bring him to the big city and a press conference to take place this afternoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

[quote="Tgwu"]
harvetheslayer wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Got a feeling something isn't right.

what do you mean?

Beat me to it, something not right with Adams or with the announcement kicking on into Thursday EJH?

Why ?  Its reported on Club Website[/quote

Derek was in Scotland yesterday, flew down to little Exeter this morning. chauffeur car was waiting for him to bring him to the big city and a press conference to take place this afternoon

Information they could have put on the website but didn't. Apart from Errington's tweet which he admitted was what he 'understood' at 5:30pm yesterday, there was nothing official from the club until this morning. Even then it was largely an overview of Derek Adams that could have been uploaded yesterday.

I really would have thought the media department would have hashed a press release out in the evening to confirm what was going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm

The club are going to broadcast the press conference today and for those without argyle world can see youtube later as the club will be putting up vids from thatt on there.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 pm

How long till he tells the super fans to feck off
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:32 pm

Angry wrote:
The club are going to broadcast the press conference today and for those without argyle world can see youtube later as the club will be putting up vids from thatt on there.

That guy Dave Gibbins from the BBC reported lunchtime on the news that it was all done and dusted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:36 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:

That guy Dave Gibbins from the BBC reported lunchtime on the news that it was all done and dusted

never said it was live but its going on there later and snippets are going on youtube later today. Drummer boy is seen in the background of one of the photos of del bhey arriving so i guess that vid is going to be in a match day moment format.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:54 pm

steveinspain wrote:
This is a great appointment IMO. He's a young hungry manager who has had some phenomenal success and I am now looking forward to the season with some enthusiasm.
Now for some new signings  cheers

Perhaps a few wee gems from Scotland, players who mean business..
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm not convinced....
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Wait and see.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Good Luck Dezza, perhaps he can give this club the kick up the arse it needs!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Just seen his interview on Spotlight [Natalie looked chuffed to be sat next to Adams] and he put his thoughts and views across well. Much better than grumpy Sheridan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Just seen his interview on Spotlight [Natalie looked chuffed to be sat next to Adams] and he put his thoughts and views across well. Much better than grumpy Sheridan.

she did look rather keen didnt she! personally i dont care really about how he comes across in interviews, i care more about results myself.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

she did look rather keen didnt she! personally i dont care really about how he comes across in interviews, i care more about results myself.

Indeed and i think we will see a much hungrier Argyle next season if Adams is to believed.

He said he works and and he likes his players to be just as hard working as he is.

It will be interesting to see what calibre of player he can bring in. 

For the first time in ages, i am actually looking forward to the new season with Adams in charge. It will certainly be a mighty change from watching grumpy Sheridan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Jethro wrote:
I'm not convinced....

I'm not totally overwhelmed with glee at DA's appointment. I was hoping for Jones to get the job, but he didn't, and we are where we are. I'm prepared to save judgment until at the very least we're a dozen or so games into the season. Until then, DA get's my backing. To be honest, although I would of liked Jones to get the job, DA's reported passion and enthusiasm has aroused a wee bit of excitent for the season ahead. Up until DA's appointment, and on hearing some of the candidates for the job, I was totally despondent.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Last unknown I trusted from Scotland turnt out to be Williamson.
That's why I'm worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Jethro wrote:
That's why I'm worried.

Only time will tell what kind of appointment he will be lets see how it pans out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Jethro wrote:
That's why I'm worried.

The last unknown I trusted from Scotland was a chap called Paul Sturrock. The rest they say - well, you know how the story goes.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Jethro wrote:
I'm not convinced....

I'm not totally overwhelmed with glee at DA's appointment. I was hoping for Jones to get the job, but he didn't, and we are where we are. I'm prepared to save judgment until at the very least we're a dozen or so games into the season. Until then, DA get's my backing. To be honest, although I would of liked Jones to get the job, DA's reported passion and enthusiasm has aroused a wee bit of excitent for the season ahead. Up until DA's appointment, and on hearing some of the candidates for the job, I was totally despondent.

A two year contract has been given to him and i feel this coming season will be a tweaking season, with players being added to areas that need attention.

Can Argyle get promoted or reach the Play-Offs again, not sure, but it will be entertaining to watch and find out.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Jethro wrote:
That's why I'm worried.

The last unknown I trusted from Scotland was a chap called Paul Sturrock. The rest they say - well, you know how the story goes.

Having thought about it, Adams is surely going to be either the next Paul Sturrock or Bobby Williamson - with no in between.

No chance we'll have another season like the one just gone, we'll either absolutely storm the league and go up automatically or finish somewhere in the bottom 6.

Very hopeful - I like what he's said so far, as said he can talk the talk.. I just hope he can walk it too. That'd be real nice.

Seems an intelligent and thoughtful bloke, I wasn't at first but am well excited now!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Jethro wrote:
I'm not convinced....

Me neither, but I'm open to becoming convinced, the proof will be in the pudding.

It's that comment from the Ross County fan yesterday. You always get grumbles from former club's supporters but it's not isolated, it neatly summarises the impression gained from digging deeper on t'internet. "He does have bad points though, his personality will split your fan base and your dressing room, he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills".

No manager ever says anything alarming when unveiled and having just watched his interview on Youtube it's everything you'd expect to hear. Yet on PASOTI it's an all very orgasmic response scratch  

Let's see, I'm not going to be anything but supportive until I have reason not to be, I just can't so readily dismiss the baggage he comes with as easily as some are prepared to do. If he hasn't changed it could be a disaster for us. If he has learned though and developed some people skills, allied to his undoubted drive and ability we could be on to a winner.

A watching brief. Over to you Del Bhey Suspect
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 pm

I did laugh when someone today said "We're lucky he has baggage as otherwise he wouldn't drop to us in League 2". Yeah, cause if he didn't have baggage he'd be a better f*cking manager wouldn't he.

F*ckwit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Paven wrote:
Jethro wrote:
That's why I'm worried.

Having thought about it, Adams is surely going to be either the next Paul Sturrock or Bobby Williamson - with no in between.

No chance we'll have another season like the one just gone, we'll either absolutely storm the league and go up automatically or finish somewhere in the bottom 6.

Very hopeful - I like what he's said so far, as said he can talk the talk.. I just hope he can walk it too. That'd be real nice.

Seems an intelligent and thoughtful bloke, I wasn't at first but am well excited now!

He is del bhey adams and he should only be judge on what he does here as manager not what others have done in the past. Just like every manager before him was and afterwards will be. If people start comparing him to luggy  before the ink's dry on the contract its setting an unreaistic standard or writing him off before he has started comparing him to fletcher.

let him show us what he is all about with expectations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:49 pm

X Isle wrote:
Jethro wrote:
I'm not convinced....

Me neither, but I'm open to becoming convinced, the proof will be in the pudding.

It's that comment from the Ross County fan yesterday. You always get grumbles from former club's supporters but it's not isolated, it neatly summarises the impression gained from digging deeper on t'internet. "He does have bad points though, his personality will split your fan base and your dressing room, he's a pretty horrible bloke with no real people skills".

No manager ever says anything alarming when unveiled and having just watched his interview on Youtube it's everything you'd expect to hear. Yet on PASOTI it's an all very orgasmic response scratch  

Let's see, I'm not going to be anything but supportive until I have reason not to be, I just can't so readily dismiss the baggage he comes with as easily as some are prepared to do. If he hasn't changed it could be a disaster for us. If he has learned though and developed some people skills, allied to his undoubted drive and ability we could be on to a winner.

A watching brief. Over to you Del Bhey Suspect

Sleep can't wait to hear all about it if he turns out to be shit. It won't be your messiah James Brent's fault will it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Who came up with those half n half scarfs vom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams   And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next