Congratulations Derek Adams

Go down 
+2
Les Miserable
Freathy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Congratulations Derek Adams Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 pm

First (and only, so far) professional manager in England to get 10 league wins this season.

parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 am

Bye bye Derek Adams
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:13 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Whilst DA appears to have penchant for unfancied clubs and enjoys building through the divisions, the probable reality is that mid winter negotiations and to what extent the reluctant one backs him will be crucial in establishing his mindset with regard PAFC.
Should promotion be achieved regardless, I sincerely hope brent cashes in and owners of more financial clout step forward to work with PCC on preparing the ground for a brighter future.
Other clubs will already be noticing his achievements at HP to date and when that is married to his managerial career in Scotland, he will be offered serious money to move on.
Everyone has their price and if DA doesn't get the right vibes from brent,or any owners come to that, he'll go.................... foreshore.

This guy seems a perfect fit for Argyle and if the wider potential fanbase see that the club's owners mean business, they'll buy in, in numbers. If brent gets greedy, it will end in tears.

I know where my money is.....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Freathy wrote:
Bye bye Derek Adams

You get the feeling with DA he's a club builder, not an instant fix it man.

I don't think he will leave unless he is confident of having 5 years or more to get a bigger club up and running.

At Argyle, he has his feet under the table, he's got his assistant, and he's had a summer to get his players in. He's got a great rapport with the fans. Not so much with the chairman mind, as he's had a couple of grumbles now about his average budget, which makes the league position combined with the playing style all the more spectacular.

You only have to look at Holloway leaving to see how much greener the grass appears sometimes, compared to what it is. Adams spent 11 months out of football feeling frustrated, with no club going near him, so he won't be the type to take a job for granted.

In League One, there are only Sheffield United and Coventry who are considerably bigger clubs than Argyle, that could possibly tempt him, and both are faring well.

The Championship seems to be a basket case of a division so not particularly ideal for job security. But you never know, DA might make the jump.

I personally think we will hang on to him for a while yet.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 pm

When Adams goes i think it will come following a massive row with Bean Counter Brent! He will probably tire of the non ambitious Jimmy and his ever shrinking budget and tell him to shove it!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 6:43 pm

ejh wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Bye bye Derek Adams

You get the feeling with DA he's a club builder, not an instant fix it man.

I don't think he will leave unless he is confident of having 5 years or more to get a bigger club up and running.

At Argyle, he has his feet under the table, he's got his assistant, and he's had a summer to get his players in. He's got a great rapport with the fans. Not so much with the chairman mind, as he's had a couple of grumbles now about his average budget, which makes the league position combined with the playing style all the more spectacular.

You only have to look at Holloway leaving to see how much greener the grass appears sometimes, compared to what it is. Adams spent 11 months out of football feeling frustrated, with no club going near him, so he won't be the type to take a job for granted.

In League One, there are only Sheffield United and Coventry who are considerably bigger clubs than Argyle, that could possibly tempt him, and both are faring well.

The Championship seems to be a basket case of a division so not particularly ideal for job security. But you never know, DA might make the jump.

I personally think we will hang on to him for a while yet.

I think he will be here for sometime to come.

If he can get Argyle promoted this season, he will have plenty of time to lift Argyle up to the Championship and build a side worthy of playing in that division.

He is settled here and seems to enjoy the region and all that it offers.

Like ejh says, no-one would touch DA in those eleven months out of football, so why should they now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 6:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Like ejh says, no-one would touch DA in those eleven months out of football, so why should they now.

Oh come on Village, Holloway just loved us and the region to bits. Laughing

I don't really understand why Adams was out of the game for so long. A strange one that. Maybe he was quite hurt by the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Oh come on Village, Holloway just loved us and the region to bits. Laughing

I don't really understand why Adams was out of the game for so long. A strange one that. Maybe he was quite hurt by the whole thing.

Although successful on the pitch, he spent nearly as much time in the stands as he did on the touchline through various bans. Very much perceived as damaged goods. Otherwise he would have been snapped up in a heartbeat if there was no darker side.

That is why it will be very interesting how he reacts when we go through a period of things not going Argyles (or Adams) way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Derek Adams   Congratulations Derek Adams Empty

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Derek Adams
Page 1 of 1