Hitch
sufferedsince 68
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 pm

125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If you dont have a season ticket just stay away! the only way to force change at Homepark is to hit Brent were it hurts most, in his pocket! This shit will just go on and on every season while the Clowns run Homepark.

What exactly will a boycott achieve, Hull, Newcastle have been doing it for years. Cardiff tried it with the shirt change.

Have you got people lined up to takeover the club that are prepared to pump in millions of their own money to follow your pipedream?.

Time people woke up.  Clubs in the lower leagues unless they have a rich benefactor realy on three things to get them promoted.

1. A lot of luck.
2. Very good manager who gets the team overperforming
3. A very good scouting and coaching set up.

Its ok forcing Brent out but the club has to have an owner, any takers?

Don't come with the supporters will own the club, that's a tried and proved to be failing idea.  Look at Exeter without a big fee for a player, they were close to administration. Pompey have some rich fans with shares but they are worse off than Argyle both on and off the pitch.

Plymouth Argyle is where it belongs in the current climax of things, No money, average attendances, the glory hunters not yet coming out, and still struggling to break even due to historical debts.

Boycott all you want but, well 15-20 of you on this site, but nothing will be achieved because there is no one out there that wants a football club in the lower divisions, especially one with no assits.
Without wishing to be rude, you must be very very thick or no nothing about football to claim that plymouth argyle have average support in the fourth divison or even the third division, the fans of this club have put up with crap for years. yet you Brent nosers want the fans to shut up and just be grateful? the potential is there just needs a far far better owner with money of course, but also ambition there are alternative owners for a club like argyle there always will be! by the way this site is the only democratic site for argyle fans, poke that up your assits!

I suggest you read it again, I said average attendances for Argyle, which going by history Argyle average 5500-6500 until glory hunters come out of hiding. Where are the people queing up to purchase this club with potential.  And alternative owners for a club like Argyle, you mean a club with historical debt, no stadium, no land, no training ground, no players of value that will bring in big fee's, yeah people must be running to snatch this off Brent's hands.  Its not just knowing about football, its about knowing about business which football is. And this doesn't look like an investment many or any would be interested in taking unless as we have found out with Brent there is property investment attached to it.

Think you need to wake up buddy.

Democratic lol.  

At least you're living up to your signature Razz
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Serious question Pepsi. If the FPC was still open and you could park in HHP or have someone drop you as close as possible. Would you go then? Or is the stairs into the stand too much? Could you use the disabled stand?

Daughter would drop me off, cant manage steps at all.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Bearing in mind Sheridan had already spent the majority of his budget on earlier signings, the enforced sale of Hourihane was a major disruption to the manager's plans and irreplaceable IMO.

Some people are assuming finance was readily available to replace him, how do you know?  What if Barnsley are paying by installments, it's quite possible the manager won't see those funds for a year or two, if ever?

Someone earlier mentioned £80k (the amount remaining after Ipswich and the creditors got paid).  As assumed income, in terms of wages only 55% or £44k would've been available.  Probably why we ended up with Norburn and not the next Julio Goalio Friio.

Not saying any of the above is correct, just pointing out there's many variables as to why I believe Hourihane was irreplaceable.  

An ambitious club going for promotion would never have sold him for such a pittance.  I'm sure Jimmy wont mind putting his hands up and taking full responsibility for destroying our manager's plans, the added valuation to his club should help.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm

125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If you dont have a season ticket just stay away! the only way to force change at Homepark is to hit Brent were it hurts most, in his pocket! This shit will just go on and on every season while the Clowns run Homepark.

What exactly will a boycott achieve, Hull, Newcastle have been doing it for years. Cardiff tried it with the shirt change.

Have you got people lined up to takeover the club that are prepared to pump in millions of their own money to follow your pipedream?.

Time people woke up.  Clubs in the lower leagues unless they have a rich benefactor realy on three things to get them promoted.

1. A lot of luck.

Don't come with the supporters will own the club, that's a tried and proved to be failing idea.  Look at Exeter without a big fee for a player, they were close to administration. Pompey have some rich fans with shares but they are worse off than Argyle both on and off the pitch.

Plymouth Argyle is where it belongs in the current climax of things, No money, average attendances, the glory hunters not yet coming out, and still struggling to break even due to historical debts.

Boycott all you want but, well 15-20 of you on this site, but nothing will be achieved because there is no one out there that wants a football club in the lower divisions, especially one with no assits.
Without wishing to be rude, you must be very very thick or no nothing about football to claim that plymouth argyle have average support in the fourth divison or even the third division, the fans of this club have put up with crap for years. yet you Brent nosers want the fans to shut up and just be grateful? the potential is there just needs a far far better owner with money of course, but also ambition there are alternative owners for a club like argyle there always will be! by the way this site is the only democratic site for argyle fans, poke that up your assits!

I suggest you read it again, I said average attendances for Argyle, which going by history Argyle average 5500-6500 until glory hunters come out of hiding. Where are the people queing up to purchase this club with potential.  And alternative owners for a club like Argyle, you mean a club with historical debt, no stadium, no land, no training ground, no players of value that will bring in big fee's, yeah people must be running to snatch this off Brent's hands.  Its not just knowing about football, its about knowing about business which football is. And this doesn't look like an investment many or any would be interested in taking unless as we have found out with Brent there is property investment attached to it.

Democratic lol.  

Think it's you who needs to wake up if you think that is Argyle's historical average attendance figure.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:50 pm

125+1 wrote:

Where are the people queing up to purchase this club with potential.  And alternative owners for a club like Argyle, you mean a club with historical debt, no stadium, no land, no training ground, no players of value that will bring in big fee's, yeah people must be running to snatch this off Brent's hands.  Its not just knowing about football, its about knowing about business which football is. And this doesn't look like an investment many or any would be interested in taking unless as we have found out with Brent there is property investment attached to it.

Democratic lol.  

When has the club ever been put on the market to attract serious buyers?  Never.  It was even avoided during administration.  That's not to say we can't attract serious buyers, we just need willing sellers as opposed to greedy parochial sorts.

No stadium and no land you say.  The stadium is available to Brent next year for 12 x annual rent.  The land next door is useless if PCC decide it is (not sure when current planning permission expires?).

Overall, Argyle is an untapped business. You can't seriously deny the potential until it has been a proven failure?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

It really should be a potential owner/investor/developers dream, I can't think of any other football stadium located in such a beautiful spot and with ample room for expansion, all we need is somebody with money, ambition and vision deadhorse
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Not sure about a boycott but there's certainly been some season ticket holders missing in my area lately. More likely to be staying away because of the cold, illness or other pressing matters. I know some people are not going out of their way to rearrange other business to attend Argyle as much as they usually would.

With the ever increasing age of the fanbase I wouldn't be surprised if hundreds of them are dieing off during the course of a season, it's a risky strategy buying a season ticket if you're over 70 imo, you'll only save if you avoid the grave!

You going to take yours with you? lol!

Bleddy hell have I been cheating on the grim reaper for the last six years.........is it being cheerful that keeps you going Les.....you'll probably be hearing from Pepsipete in a short while..........it might surprise you that you can be well over 70yrs old and be fit and active without a days illness.......maybe I should order my zimmer frame soon before the rush.......or end it all now..... :Suicide:

But would you be prepared to buy a ST in the knowledge that every breath could be your last?  

Straight answer = Yes or N...............................

Could I or anyone else be sure of crossing the road without popping our clogs before reaching the otherside.........how long is a bit of string........too far away to bother about a season ticket anyway.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:30 pm

125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
125+1 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

1. A lot of luck.

Democratic lol.  
I'm wide awake thanks sweet heart, You aint a bright lad so it seems so let me explain Democracy to you. Every now and then we have Elections were our moderaters answer to the membership, its quite easy to follow even for you sweetness! I know its different on the forum nooly paid for where he is Gods chosen Argyle fan and only the finest Green Jim followers are chosen. Hope this all helps ...xx.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
It really should be a potential owner/investor/developers dream, I can't think of any other football stadium located in such a beautiful spot and with ample room for expansion, all we need is somebody with money, ambition and vision deadhorse

I think we all realise what the club wants but WTF is this person we're all wishing for, I don't see anybody riding in from them thar hills of Dartmoor to save us, do you ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Brent out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Not sure about a boycott but there's certainly been some season ticket holders missing in my area lately. More likely to be staying away because of the cold, illness or other pressing matters. I know some people are not going out of their way to rearrange other business to attend Argyle as much as they usually would.

With the ever increasing age of the fanbase I wouldn't be surprised if hundreds of them are dieing off during the course of a season, it's a risky strategy buying a season ticket if you're over 70 imo, you'll only save if you avoid the grave!

Bleddy hell have I been cheating on the grim reaper for the last six years.........is it being cheerful that keeps you going Les.....you'll probably be hearing from Pepsipete in a short while..........it might surprise you that you can be well over 70yrs old and be fit and active without a days illness.......maybe I should order my zimmer frame soon before the rush.......or end it all now..... :Suicide:

But would you be prepared to buy a ST in the knowledge that every breath could be your last?  

It's a yes from me, been supporting since 1960, can't stop, won't stop
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Brent out
Brent Out...... Tits Out.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

The won't stop is entirely your prerogative, the can't stop is pathetic jocolor Help is available :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

The won't stop is entirely your prerogative, the can't stop is pathetic jocolor   Help is available :Suicide:

Don't need help, I know exactly what I'm doing and I'll be there in April or whenever buying next seasons ST cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Brent out
Brent Out...... Tits Out.

Cox Out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Does anyone else know how Argyle is worth £2.5m now, when JB acquired the club nothing? And reduced the land in the tenancy in the process!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Olly Lee apparently looked the dog's bollocks tonight and looked dangerous, hitting the woodwork twice.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong when I wrote that we didn't have a goal threat from our centre mid options.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm

ejh wrote:
Olly Lee apparently looked the dog's bollocks tonight and looked dangerous, hitting the woodwork twice.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong when I wrote that we didn't have a goal threat from our centre mid options.

Maybe there is a player in there.. Still not sure I'd keep him on but Shez seems to think he's alright having played him consistently over Cox and Norburn lately.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:15 am

zyph wrote:
This squad is adequate for Div 2......and when they are playing well have proved that they could get us out of this division.......life in Div 1 is a different kettle of fish, needing new players to strengthen the squad......we have to live post-administration and do it with minimum funds.....keeping to the repayment of that debt.....which the FL oversee.

Wycombe W... 0-2...Argyle.........back in the play-offs.......Hartley & O'Connor make the difference.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:56 am

125 is back. We must have scraped a rare win. Doubt we'll see him again this season.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
125 is back.  We must have scraped a rare win.  Doubt we'll see him again this season.
If wins are 'rare' (13 of them this season) then how would you describe a loss (10 of them this season)?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Freathy wrote:
125 is back.  We must have scraped a rare win.  Doubt we'll see him again this season.
If wins are 'rare' (13 of them this season) then how would you describe a loss (10 of them this season)?

Sad Act using the same bait and still reeling 'em in laugh

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:32 pm

Freathy wrote:

13 Wins 10 Loses, so if we rarely win what describe our loses!.

I bet I have predicted Argyles fait better than you this season, every predition of yours is a heavy loss

Hows Pompey been doing over these last two seasons, pretty certain for the last two pre-season you predicted they were going to wipe the floor of this dogshit league with their rich fans/shareholders!

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Freathy wrote:

What no "PRAAPer FANN"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:37 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Freathy wrote:

What no "PRAAPer FANN"

where were you during the no wins in 7 streak? glory supporting much cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time For a Boycott?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next