Lord Melbury
Greenskin
Hitch
sufferedsince 68
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Anyway applying your logic of rating our squad Craig Noone would have been the Robert conference north or something, shorely not the right pedigree for a Brent side? Very Happy

I am simply saying that these aren't cheap mediocre 'journeymen', as some of you insist on saying.

All of our signings have been under 30 years of age, and with the exception of 3, come from clubs higher than us in the pyramid, for the most part higher tiers.

Yet some of you with the anti Brent agenda will not accept that he delivers decent quality players for Sheridan relative to our position. In fact you argue the players are average and crap.

McCormick, Hartley, McHugh, Nelson, Mellor, Cox, O'Connor and Reuben Reid are League One quality players in my opinion. It is only a mixture of Sheridan's failings as a manager, a bit of bad luck with injuries, and disputes over loan extensions that have stopped this side being where it deserves to be - which is around 3rd to 5th in my opinion.

Hopefully there is time enough yet to rebuild the momentum necessary to get our snouts in the playoffs.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
And if we get into the play-offs I will eat my hat.

What is it you want me to see? That Brent is an awful chairman and we need to organise protests and a boycott to get him out?

You need to have a look at yourselves and how ridiculous you sound.

With clubs like Blackpool being dragged through the crap, Tranmere on the verge of non-league, Bolton in £150m debt, Rangers being taken over to become Newcastle's feeder club, Leeds staring at League One, Coventry looking at League Two (with immense debt levels), Yeovil facing back to back relegations, Pompey still struggling despite having twice the attendances of any other club in the division (and being tipped to win the league) - but you want to protest to have our chairman out because the club is 8th and not 4th?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
They are what they are,mediocre league 2 players with a mediocre league 2 manager, and what do you get ?
A mediocre league 2 side that sits between mid table and the play off's..no shit Sherlock.

And this team is head and shoulders above Kevin Hodges/ Macauleys Argyle ejh ?!  My arse is it.

zyph wrote:
This squad is adequate for Div 2......and when they are playing well have proved that they could get us out of this division.......life in Div 1 is a different kettle of fish, needing new players to strengthen the squad......we have to live post-administration and do it with minimum funds.....keeping to the repayment of that debt.....which the FL oversee.

Matt Parsons: Premier League
Jason Banton: Premier League
Anthony O'Connor: Championship
Reuben Reid: Championship/League One
Dominic Blizzard: Championship/League One
Peter Hartley: League One
Carl McHugh: League One
Lee Cox: League One
Marvin Morgan: League One
Kelvin Mellor: League Onei
Lewis Alessandra: League Two
Luke McCormick: League Two
Ollie Norburn: League Two/Conference
Ryan Brunt: Conference

The above is a list of the permanent signings Sheridan has made while at the club, followed by either the previous standard of football they were playing, or the tier of the club we signed the player from.

Here is the same with Sheridan's loan deals.

Caolan Lavery: Championship
Andy Kellett: Championship
Olly Lee: Championship
Bobby Reid: League One
Paul Hayes: League One
Drew Talbot: League One
Tom Flanagan: League One

To say we have an average midtable League Two quality squad as another stick to beat Brent with is pure nonsense and totally ignores the facts. It is getting to the point where you must have to suspend reality to believe that James Brent is actively signing crap players to save money and keep Argyle shit forever?

EJH I think you present a logical debate, I doubt most others would see it that way as it doesn't match their agenda.
There's no doubt Sheridans has brought some good quality players to this club, a couple of failures as well, but hey even the best premier managers buy some duck eggs.
As to whether Sheridan brings out the best in them well that's open for discussion and come May if we don't get promotion he'll be gone anyway.

got to get your little dig in havent you lol

As we all are, I'd call it an opinion, that's what a fans forum is about isn't it ?

who said anything about your opinion, im commentating on your inability to post without a dig at this place first.

Whose digging at this forum ? Not me I can assure you of that, I've got an opinion and if it doesn't suit the general theme on this thread then that's just tough, but the beauty of this forum is the freedom to voice that opinion and if you or anybody else wish to restrict that freedom of expression then we're no different to that other forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 pm

I've only see us play a few times this year but each time they have looked like an average league 2 squad. At the start of the season I said that the squad was lightweight and we would lose loan players and struggle to stay in the playoffs. I see nothing at this point to change that point of view.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:27 pm

ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Anyway applying your logic of rating our squad Craig Noone would have been the Robert conference north or something, shorely not the right pedigree for a Brent side? Very Happy

I am simply saying that these aren't cheap mediocre 'journeymen', as some of you insist on saying.

All of our signings have been under 30 years of age, and with the exception of 3, come from clubs higher than us in the pyramid, for the most part higher tiers.

Yet some of you with the anti Brent agenda will not accept that he delivers decent quality players for Sheridan relative to our position. In fact you argue the players are average and crap.

McCormick, Hartley, McHugh, Nelson, Mellor, Cox, O'Connor and Reuben Reid are League One quality players in my opinion. It is only a mixture of Sheridan's failings as a manager, a bit of bad luck with injuries, and disputes over loan extensions that have stopped this side being where it deserves to be - which is around 3rd to 5th in my opinion.

Hopefully there is time enough yet to rebuild the momentum necessary to get our snouts in the playoffs.

What is it you want me to see? That Brent is an awful chairman and we need to organise protests and a boycott to get him out?

You need to have a look at yourselves and how ridiculous you sound.

With clubs like Blackpool being dragged through the crap, Tranmere on the verge of non-league, Bolton in £150m debt, Rangers being taken over to become Newcastle's feeder club, Leeds staring at League One, Coventry looking at League Two (with immense debt levels), Yeovil facing back to back relegations, Pompey still struggling despite having twice the attendances of any other club in the division (and being tipped to win the league) - but you want to protest to have our chairman out because the club is 8th and not 4th?
ejh has totaly convinced me now, life under Green Jim is great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:27 pm

BRENT OUT!!!

NOW cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
BRENT OUT!!!

NOW  cheers cheers cheers cheers

NEVER! He's doing a brilliant job, fantastic signings from lots of league 1 reserve teams, i wont here a bad word to say about GJ,i hope he's the owner for the next ten years at least! Hi ian hi posty, can i join pasoti please i've seen the green light!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
They are what they are,mediocre league 2 players with a mediocre league 2 manager, and what do you get ?
A mediocre league 2 side that sits between mid table and the play off's..no shit Sherlock.

And this team is head and shoulders above Kevin Hodges/ Macauleys Argyle ejh ?!  My arse is it.

zyph wrote:
This squad is adequate for Div 2......and when they are playing well have proved that they could get us out of this division.......life in Div 1 is a different kettle of fish, needing new players to strengthen the squad......we have to live post-administration and do it with minimum funds.....keeping to the repayment of that debt.....which the FL oversee.

The above is a list of the permanent signings Sheridan has made while at the club, followed by either the previous standard of football they were playing, or the tier of the club we signed the player from.

To say we have an average midtable League Two quality squad as another stick to beat Brent with is pure nonsense and totally ignores the facts. It is getting to the point where you must have to suspend reality to believe that James Brent is actively signing crap players to save money and keep Argyle shit forever?

EJH I think you present a logical debate, I doubt most others would see it that way as it doesn't match their agenda.
There's no doubt Sheridans has brought some good quality players to this club, a couple of failures as well, but hey even the best premier managers buy some duck eggs.
As to whether Sheridan brings out the best in them well that's open for discussion and come May if we don't get promotion he'll be gone anyway.

As we all are, I'd call it an opinion, that's what a fans forum is about isn't it ?

who said anything about your opinion, im commentating on your inability to post without a dig at this place first.

Whose digging at this forum ? Not me I can assure you of that, I've got an opinion and if it doesn't suit the general theme on this thread then that's just tough, but the beauty of this forum is the freedom to voice that opinion and if you or anybody else wish to restrict that freedom of expression then we're no different to that other forum.

I highlighted the digs you made while voicing your opinion which again i never even mentioned was a problem. Now if only you could go one post with a snidey comment what a poster you would be cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

zyph wrote:

I highlighted the digs you made while voicing your opinion which again i never even mentioned was a problem. Now if only you could go one post with a snidey comment what a poster you would be cheers cheers cheers

I think the snidey comments are from you old pal but if want to interpret what I post as snidey then you crack on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm afraid you do come across as being snidey Graiser

Me? I just hate Brent but that's no news to anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I prefer being up front about opinions and if they're not agreed with, well they're not agreed with, but if I come across as snidey not much I can do about that, but people who do know me would certainly have a laugh about that opinion.

Anyway onwards and upwards
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Or downwards Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Or downwards Basketball

My glass is half full cheers
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:18 pm

You don't say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:22 pm

2 out of 4, 5 out of 10 makes no odds. We re still poor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

zyph wrote:

I think the snidey comments are from you old pal but if want to interpret what I post as snidey then you crack on.

YOU MAKE THEM though popcorn popcorn popcorn

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I vote that any poster that continues using the embedded 'quote' function as frivolously as has been demonstrated in this thread, deserves 24hrs in the Cooler.

My fookin scroll finger is worn out.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I vote that any poster that continues using the embedded 'quote' function as frivolously as has been demonstrated in this thread, deserves 24hrs in the Cooler.

My fookin scroll finger is worn out.

You can propose that when you become a mod next election time.....I might vote for you.......that should put the mockers on that happening....... :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:02 pm

As someone who (for the standards of this site, although it is the opposite for pasoti) could be considered a 'green tint' on here, even I wouldn't go as far as to agree with all that ejh has said. I think there is more to criticise than what he's said.

I do agree with some amount of what he's said however. I certainly agree with the core assumption that this side should be doing better.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:

We can at least hope that it's a Tin Helmet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
I've only see us play a few times this year but each time they have looked like an average league 2 squad. At the start of the season I said that the squad was lightweight and we would lose loan players and struggle to stay in the playoffs. I see nothing at this point to change that point of view.

Before Christmas we looked/were one of the best sides in the division.

The lack of goals in midfield and lack of squad depth are sound enough criticisms, but I attribute both as Sheridan's failings more than Brent's. Sheridan had plenty of time to act after losing Hourihane (I remember pining for Summerfield myself) and he came back with Norburn, which was underwhelming.

Sheridan said when he released Young, the he wanted a smaller squad this season. The squad this season was how he wanted it: better paid, better quality, more concentrated but ultimately more susceptible to injury crises.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Ejh,

You make one point there which I totally agree with and it's too often used as an excuse for Sheridan...he had plenty of time to act after Hourihane was sold. Spot on.

Wycombe last month sold two of their regulars in their side that's had them do so well this season. One to Milwall and one to Barnsley. However they've adapted, they got a good win yesterday and are second in the league and on the heels of Burton.

Yet Hourihane being sold seven weeks before the start of the season was apparently such an unsettlement that we couldn't hope to regroup or recover from? Nah, not buying it. It was still daft to sell him though imho, but nowhere near as unsurmountable as it's often given credit for. And that's coming from me who was and remains a MASSIVE Hourihane fan.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:50 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Ejh,

You make one point there which I totally agree with and it's too often used as an excuse for Sheridan...he had plenty of time to act after Hourihane was sold. Spot on.

Wycombe last month sold two of their regulars in their side that's had them do so well this season. One to Milwall and one to Barnsley. However they've adapted, they got a good win yesterday and are second in the league and on the heels of Burton.

Yet Hourihane being sold seven weeks before the start of the season was apparently such an unsettlement that we couldn't hope to regroup or recover from? Nah, not buying it. It was still daft to sell him though imho, but nowhere near as unsurmountable as it's often given credit for. And that's coming from me who was and remains a MASSIVE Hourihane fan.

Goal scoring midfielders grow on trees do they?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Ejh,

Goal scoring midfielders grow on trees do they?
Does Josh Scowen grow on trees? Does Paris Cowan-Hall grow on trees? Wycombe have lost both of those two and are still winning.

What sometimes goes understated on this site is that it's a properly shit league. You need nous to get out of it. The team with the smallest budget in the league could probably get out of it if they had the right nous.

That's true in a way that it isn't true for the two divisions above it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:53 pm

1. It would be nice if Graiser could post without feeling obliged to make a comment about prevailing opinion on this site.

2. ejh is quite wrong to characterise anti-Brent feeling in the way he does. The issues with Brent go far, far deeper than Argyle being "8th not 4th". Why misrepresent what people are saying in this way?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:02 am

Graiser wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I prefer being up front about opinions and if they're not agreed with, well they're not agreed with, but if I come across as snidey not much I can do about that, but people who do know me would certainly have a laugh about that opinion.

Anyway onwards and upwards
If you hate Brent then do somethng about it rather than just produce hot air. I mean, I hate Kim Jong Un but I'm a bit stuck thinking of how I can topple him. And your logic about reserve Prem or CCC players is a bit odd in my view. Thats almost saying that any player who cannot get into a Prem, CCC or Lge 1 team is not good enough for Lge 2. Don't sound logical to me at all. Is O'Connor and Reid (both) not good enough for Lge 2 then ? Is Kellet not good enough for Lge 2?Question

I'm late posting because I had to keep changing my trousers. Couldn't stop laughing and peeing myself when I saw snidey and Graiser in the same sentence. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For a Boycott?   Time For a Boycott? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time For a Boycott?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next